Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Music of 2006
Dr Strum
post Jan 1 2007, 05:58 AM
Post #1

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

A year has come and gone, so what music deserves what "awards" for 2006?

The worst album of 2006 award, of what I've wasted my money on, is easily passed to Anti-Flag for their For Blood and Empire. An awful album, not because of the supposed selling out, but just because it was so lousy. Rise Against's The Sufferer and the Witness was a close contender, but I actually started liking a few songs from that after while. The Falcon's Unicornography, while decent, was utterly disappointing after their debut EP last year.
Moving onto the bests, finally, the best single of the year was definitely Anathema's A Simple Mistake, a good teaser for their upcoming album. I would say best soundtrack of 2006, but the only one I got was YU's. ;/
The best sophomoric efforts definitely are Poets of the Fall's Carnival of Rust and Daylight Dies' Dismantling Devotion. Those two also happen to be my choice for top albums of the year, it's just so damn hard to decide between them, they're both fucking fantastic albums.
Some albums that should be mentioned, definitely, are When Day Descends' Ascension, for being a fucking gorgeous instrumental epic; Saturnus' Veronika Decides to Die for being a good reminder of the Doom genre; and The Lawrence Arm's Oh! Calcutta! for being by The Lawrence Arms. <_<

Anyways, those are my loves and hates of the year, you don't have to do it the same way I did, just put the music that influenced you most that came out in 2006.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rune_Ocarina
post Jan 1 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #2

Yohohohoho!

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 235

God, I have so many to chose from, but I'd say for me, it'd be Shinjitsu no Yukue from .hack//GU Volume 2, just because I was finally able to find the MP3 version of this song 5 minutes ago! ^^

~~~
         KITTI IZ 4 FITE   ((       彡 彡 彡
  ∧ ∧ __                 巛   彡  ⊿彡》
  (,,゚Д゚)┻╋╋ ※ ο ο ο ο ο ο 巛 ゞ   彡 ソ彡
  /  ⊃┛ ̄             _|\│\/\/│_
\(  ノ                 \   ZOMFG   /
Currently: Not working on the projects I want to finish...
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jan 1 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #3

Towards some blank infinity

Group: Knights
Member No.: 65

The album I got about 3 minutes before the bells rang would have to be one of the best I had. Which was I's Between Two Worlds.

And thats nuff said. :<

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st June 2024 - 12:40 AM