Lacrima Castle
HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Let me point out, That you elitists can't read.
Raijinili
post Dec 30 2007, 03:39 AM
Post #1

Lieutenant

Group: Gods
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(sandpenguin)
QUOTE(vahn14)
If Sand left, we'd have finally established the perfect Nazi Grammar race in Lacrima.
Then it would mean the death of the site itself.
At least two of the four respondents in that other topic have interpreted this statement as if sandpenguin had stated that the board's survival hinged on his continued patronage. And the four people who responded to this post all have "good" English skills.

However, if you would look at the words, and the actual context, and READ them with your "Oh I'm so good at English that I can look down at anyone who seems beneath my elite level" skills, you would see that this is what he ACTUALLY said:
"I would hate for LCN to become a grammar nazi heaven, because it wouldn't survive that way."

Hey, here's something you apparently didn't learn in your many, many English classes: How to read CONTEXT.

Here's the next part of his message:
"I'm pretty liberal at languages, you see. I don't want this site to be totally well, like a librarians site nor a super simple "Wher R U?" site that uses language that some of people (Like me) doesn't understand."

And don't blame it on his inability to communicate clearly. I've read many REQUIRED books for English classes that far surpass his level of incomprehensibility, and you're telling me that reading with context is more difficult? Or maybe you haven't NEARLY as much skill as you would arrogantly flaunt in front of others.

So here's a little lesson in context for you. We will interpret the sentence your way and see if it makes sense, with the context:
QUOTE(sandpenguin)
Then it would mean the death of the site itself. I'm pretty liberal at languages, you see. I don't want this site to be totally well, like a librarians site nor a super simple "Wher R U?" site that uses language that some of people (Like me) doesn't understand.

"If I leave, then LCN will die. I don't want the site to go grammar nazi."

See that? It's a non sequitur. The second statement does not follow from the first. At no point did he segue into the part where him leaving was a possibility. That's your English lesson for the day, and hopefully you've learned some humility as well.

~~~
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
post Dec 30 2007, 04:08 AM
Post #2

Keeping the forum afloat

Group: Knights
Member No.: 392

You have a valid and very clear point. This sites existice does not ride on Sand's shoulders. It was very foolish of him to think that. This site is run by the admin's and on one else.

Think before you post.

This post has been edited by Lord Rasler: Dec 30 2007, 04:09 AM

~~~
blues477 (10:29:38 AM): found you
(10:29:40 AM): you motherfucker
LoRdXrAsLeR(10:29:48 AM): D:
(10:29:54 AM): NO DON'T
+Quote Post
Yuka
post Dec 30 2007, 04:22 AM
Post #3

We'll soak this parched earth with our own blood.

Group: Magi
Member No.: 177

I would like to point out that you're an elitist jerk, Rai.

That is all.

This post has been edited by Yuka: Dec 30 2007, 04:22 AM

~~~
[20:15] Irysa: I hate myself
[20:15] Irysa: I made myself some curry
[20:15] Irysa: and then
[20:15] Irysa: I realised
[20:15] Irysa: I wasn't hungry
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Dec 30 2007, 05:52 AM
Post #4

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

I'm banning you, Rai. >:(

The other topic was closed for a reason.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 03:15 AM