Reply to this topicStart new topic
> John Titor - Time Traveller?
Irysa
post May 3 2006, 07:31 AM
Post #1

Towards some blank infinity

Group: Knights
Member No.: 65

I speculate that some of you have heard the legend of John Titor. If not, it is time to tell the tale.

[originator=johntitor.com]Although there is debate over the exact date it started, on November 02, 2000, a person calling themselves Timetravel_0, and later John Titor, started posting on a public forum that he was a time traveler from the year 2036.

One of the first things he did was post pictures of his time machine and its operations manual. As the weeks went by, more and more people began questioning him about why he was here, the physics of time travel and his thoughts about our time. He also posted on other forums including the now non-existent Art Bell site. In his posts John Titor entertained, angered, frightened and even belittled those who engaged him in conversation.

On March 21, 2001, John Titor told us he would be leaving our and returning to 2036. After that, he was never heard from again. Speculation and investigation about who John Titor was and why he was online continues to this day.

Although it may be easy to dismiss all this as science fiction, most people who read his posts agree that there is something very haunting about John Titor and what he said. In addition, and open to more debate, he also made a series of predictions and comments that eerily seem to be coming true.

Unfortunately, I never spoke directly to John Titor but there are many out there who have and continue to wonder about their experience. As you get deeper and deeper into the story, you will find his posts, links to other sites about him, downloads and speculative information attributed to him after he left. I have taken the posts and organized them by date and subject. My editorial work is copyrighted but the unedited posts and the people who experienced it are in the public domain can be found on other sites listed inside.

As you read, please try to keep two things in mind:

1. John appeared to answer nearly every question that was asked of him over the 4-month period he was online. Because of that, many people neglected to read the previous posts and asked similar or exact questions he had already answered. It may offer a glimpse of what a time traveler goes through when having the same conversation again and again.

2. These posts were written before 911, the Discovery accident and the second gulf war. Many people believe John may have known of these events and dropped clues without actually referring to them. It's also widely agreed that he made several predictions about future physics discoveries that have materialized as he stated.

Many of these posts included:

1.) The future of the United States of America - An issue that sparks a civil war in the States begins in the year 2005. By the year 2015, the issue becomes clear and a large war breaks out in the United States. Furthermore, World War III is started during this time period and the American Federal Empire is formed with numerous states in the Union. The United States of America keeps its own state and the two factions war. At the end of 2015, Russia, who had declared themselves neutral, launches a nuclear strike on all AFE and USA cities to stem the violence and invades Southeast Asia and China to end World War III once and for all. Three billion people are lost in the war. My question: What are your views on what this civil war "issue" could be?

2.) Mad cow disease - Mad cow disease completely decimates the world after World War III, taking over the AIDs virus. Your thoughts?

3.) Other issues - Can be found at johntitor.com and virous John Titor websites.

My question, do you think this is fake and bogus or a reliable "source" of information? John predicted many things that are coming into occurence now, but was limited on detail.

Before posting, however, please view John Titor websites and read all of their informatiion that is given.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Yourself
post May 3 2006, 07:49 AM
Post #2

Twilight Gospel

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 25

Very interesting, I'm torn between bogus and real.

Each prediction seems spookily accurate, yet so unreal and lacking in any major information about the subject itself. If "John" could have posted an entry in a history textbook explaining those events, it could possibly be believeable.

As for time travel, I say going through time zones for the time traveling feel.

~~~
How would you like your "keen" eye to watch my "sure" foot kick your "smart" ass? - Xaldin, KH2 parody
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 3 2006, 07:59 AM
Post #3

He was apparently limited on what he could reveal. Of course:

1. I will not disclose any information that will cause someone to personally gain by its knowledge. This means no stock or sports tips.

2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bombing information.

3. I will not disclose any information that may compromise any future actions by individual people or threaten their family and well-being.

I believe at some point he also mentioned the alternate realities theory. Which basically means that his history is going to be slightly different than ours. As such nothing he says has to be completely accurate. Thus making it impossible to prove he was telling the truth.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post
Yourself
post May 3 2006, 08:19 AM
Post #4

Twilight Gospel

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 25

I never said I thought he was 100% accurate, just accurate. If his "Earth" is somewhat different than ours, why didn't he provide some info on the more distant past, like the 1700's or earlier.

But just going back in time and not doing anything governmental or global still changes that worlds fate. I could make a footprint and an earthquake could appear in exactly the same place, the cause? That footprint.

Even the littlest change could create a devastating outcome.

~~~
How would you like your "keen" eye to watch my "sure" foot kick your "smart" ass? - Xaldin, KH2 parody
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 3 2006, 08:25 AM
Post #5

He answers that question a lot better than I can.

You do not rewrite history. I can only affect what happens here just as easily as you can. Why do people in this time period worry so much about time traveler's destroying their world line when they have no problem doing it themselves every day?

~~~
+Quote Post
Leyviur
post May 3 2006, 09:03 AM
Post #6

Just Some Guy

Group: Gods
Member No.: 10

Another prediction was that 2004 would be the last year in which the Olympics would occur. This seems at odds with real-world events as the 2006 Winter Olympics began February 10, 2006.

Also, http://community.livejournal.com/hoaxes/90359.html

As for the whole Civil War thing, sure there is unrest in the U.S. currently, but there's no 'clear issue' that'll cause a civil war, at least not that I know of. Besides that, why did he not talk anything abuot the war on Iraq? Or of 9-11? He could tell us about a nuclear war but not about a devastating event in 2001 that likely served as a trigger? Please.

Disproved.
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 3 2006, 09:25 AM
Post #7

I believe at some point he also mentioned the alternate realities theory. Which basically means that his history is going to be slightly different than ours. As such nothing he says has to be completely accurate. Thus making it impossible to prove he was telling the truth.
Also vice versa.

You know, the more I think about it, this "issue" that sparks the war in a couple years could be the whole immigration thing going on right now.

~~~
+Quote Post
Leyviur
post May 3 2006, 09:36 AM
Post #8

Just Some Guy

Slightly different.

Keyword, slightly. The WTC being blown up and Iraq being invaded isn't 'slight.'
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 3 2006, 10:47 AM
Post #9

QUOTE (Chaos Seraph @ May 3 2006, 07:59 AM)

2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bombing information.

I would guess the temporal divergence between this world line and my original is about 1 or 2 percent. Of course, the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes from my point of view.

This post has been edited by Chaos Seraph: May 3 2006, 10:48 AM

~~~
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post May 3 2006, 12:21 PM
Post #10

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

Why would anyone come back from the future, and decide to spend that time on the internet?

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 3 2006, 01:41 PM
Post #11

If you actually bothered to READ the information the site has:

Can you explain what the purpose of time travel is on your worldline?
In 2036, a great deal of effort is going into "repairing" our environment. I was sent to 1975 to get a computer system and take it back to 2036. Time travel is not a secret in 2036 and I expect it will become more common.

Why is time travel used?
Right now, its used to get information or "items" that would be helpful in getting a post WWIII world back to a normal condition. There are 7 other time travelers in my unit.

When you first started posting online, did anyone believe you?
I don't know if anyone believes me now. But you must realize that I don't expect anyone to believe me or does it affect me one way or the other. I enjoy these conversations too. What would you expect a time traveler to say or do in your time?

~~~
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post May 3 2006, 02:00 PM
Post #12

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

You seem to assume I have any interest in this.
It was a rhetorical question, showing my doubt of the legitimacy, or the good work ethic of this "John Titor."

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Leyviur
post May 3 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #13

Just Some Guy

QUOTE (Chaos Seraph @ May 3 2006, 10:47 AM)
QUOTE (Chaos Seraph @ May 3 2006, 07:59 AM)

That must be why he told us all about World War III, isn't it?

This whole thing smacks of contradictions. He tells us he won't tell us about important events so that people can't avoid death by probability, but telling us about World War III and the major countries involved pretty much tells us what we are to expect and to get the hell out of those countries.

Also, he doesn't NEED to tell us that there was a bombing. He just needed to say something important would happen late 2001 and that it would affect all of America, and that it would spark a war. Nope, didn't do that either, he instead opted to tell us some 'issue' would spark up in 2004 that would lead to World War III, and that thing STILL HASN'T HAPPENED. 9-11 is just as important because the U.S. began its whole 'war on terrorism' thing directly afterwards.

Sorry, but this guy's a complete hoax. Not mentioning 9-11 should've been proof enough.
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 3 2006, 02:31 PM
Post #14

He didn't give any specific sections of information about which sections would be hit. If any. Or any battlefields. Nothing that could change the outcome of the war.

The U.S government obviously wouldn't believe this, and neither would just about every country either. So therefore, they wouldn't exactly stock up on weapons more than what they do now anyway.

~~~
+Quote Post
Leyviur
post May 3 2006, 02:43 PM
Post #15

Just Some Guy

He stated that Russia would invade China.

See? Yet another contradiction. Total bullshit.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 05:10 PM