Lacrima Castle
HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dum Spiro Spero [spoilers], Feral's new epic thing.
Feral Phoenix
post Jan 22 2008, 06:27 PM
Post #1

Angelus Artifax

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 29

Dum Spiro Spero
Pactio was such a simple spell. And yet somehow, it always seemed to cause so much trouble: In their friendships, in their love lives, in their battles… Still, while facing down all the might of Asgard's strongest, there are worse things for Nessiah to have to fall back on.

It's a new epic. Ish thing. Whitewash, who's done a lot of short and well-written drabbles for YU and Riviera, is my cowriter/beta on it.

And it's going to be nice and long--we've got a seriously out-of-control plot mostly written out.

The basics:

-DSS takes place after Yggdra Union. Canon has been slightly altered in places (for instance, Roswell and Rosary both lived); you can probably check Precious to see how each of those edits works.
-As such, there are spoilers. Lots and LOTS of spoilers.
-This is also taking from the PSP version a little bit in that Mistel, Pamela, and possibly Bly (as of right now, we don't know if he actually joins the party or stays in Lenessey since he's apparently an NPC). However, we won't get to anything that includes any of them for a while, so Whitewash and I will be safe to discover their story circumstances before writing them.
-You will probably notice that this is the continuity that my oneshot Unworthy is based in. DSS will not include Unworthy; Unworthy is a side story.
-DSS contains a few spells from the Negima! manga; however, it has no further affiliation with Negima! or any of its characters or plot themes. DSS was originally known as the pactio project because it grew from a series of pactio contracts made by the main characters involved in it.
-Nessiah is the central character. Other main characters include Gulcasa, Kylier, Yggdra, Roswell, Rosary, and Milanor--and eventually Nietzsche, Elena, and Mistel--but the story centers around Nessiah.
-The main romance in this story is essentially a love pentagram. The first love triangle will be introduced around chapter 5 or so, and then the second one (the triangles share an angle/...er, person) will be introduced in a later story arc.
-I've drawn out all the pactio cards for the contracts we plan to make, and once each contract has been made and its properties have been revealed, I'll post them here. Hopefully in this thread. You can look at them all on my DevArt account now, but there are spoilers there (for DSS and the game), so be warned...
-This story does include heterosexual AND homosexual pairings. Consider yourself warned.

Anyway, I've been having fun writing this, so please read and review~? I'd hope that the people here who like what I write will be able to enjoy it, too. :D

~~~
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Jan 22 2008, 08:23 PM
Post #2

Apparent Racist

Member No.: 426

Feral writing an epic? A epic in the Yggdra Union section? Didn't see those coming... I'll add this to my list of "Things to Read". I'm too busy working on School of Lyrical and Arc-en-Ciel (My 'epic' I guess) right nao. >.>;

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DustyHaru
post Jan 22 2008, 11:28 PM
Post #3

Check Length

Group: Knights
Member No.: 1632

Sounds interesting, can't wait to read.

EDIT: about 2/3 through reading it, I just noted that kissing is not the only way to make a Pactio. Though you most likely chose to have them kiss :P

EDIT2: Finished, I like so far.

-Dusty

This post has been edited by DustyHaru: Jan 23 2008, 12:29 AM
+Quote Post
Feral Phoenix
post Jan 23 2008, 04:45 PM
Post #4

Angelus Artifax

QUOTE(DustyHaru @ Jan 22 2008, 11:28 PM) *

EDIT: about 2/3 through reading it, I just noted that kissing is not the only way to make a Pactio. Though you most likely chose to have them kiss :P

-Dusty

*laughs* The only two ways I know of forming a pactio are kissing and mixing lifeblood. The latter option is dangerous, and it's only brought up in the manga once... so I consider it to be an antiquated form of the spell at best.

[and of course they had to kiss. :D I = fangirl.]

~~~
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Jan 24 2008, 02:17 AM
Post #5

Apparent Racist

I'll pretend to know what this pactio thing is. But in hindsight... All those pactio cards I saw while randomly searching DA like a month ago...
*Wheels start turning in her brain*

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DustyHaru
post Jan 24 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #6

Check Length

QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ Jan 23 2008, 11:45 AM) *

QUOTE(DustyHaru @ Jan 22 2008, 11:28 PM) *

-Dusty

*laughs* The only two ways I know of forming a pactio are kissing and mixing lifeblood. The latter option is dangerous, and it's only brought up in the manga once... so I consider it to be an antiquated form of the spell at best.

[and of course they had to kiss. :D I = fangirl.]

I just meant to comment that was another way, I understand that the pactio kiss is the main point xP
Now Milanor and Nessiah...

*Mixing blood...*
(bwahahahaha)

-Dusty
+Quote Post
Feral Phoenix
post Feb 4 2008, 06:25 PM
Post #7

Angelus Artifax

It's entirely Whitewash's fault that there's been like no progress on this thing. I have up to halfway through chapter 6 completed, but she's still working on betaing chapter 2. DD: Hurry up, cowriter!

So, uh, to tide yourselves over, have a Mistel section of Precious?

Oh--and as soon as I post chapter 2, I'll also put up a link to Gulcasa's pactio card, since it's discussed there. :> The other pactios won't get talked through quite as much, so I'll link the cards when each contract is made.

~~~
+Quote Post
Feral Phoenix
post Feb 12 2008, 03:22 PM
Post #8

Angelus Artifax

PLEASE EXCUSE THE DOUBLE-POST; I'M SORRY~

Chapter 2 - First Kiss Magic, part 2

I AM SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT! But it's here~!!! :DDD

And here are the values for Gulcasa's pactio card (I'll have the link to it up as soon as I can get access to my DevArt account):

Gulcasa
~Draco Audacius~
XX
Tonus: Prisma
Virtus: Audacia
Directio: Septentrio
Astralitas: Mars
Artifact: Flamma Imperia

This is my Latin resource, for those who are wondering. :3 It's amazing--coming up with all the titles and Artifact names would've killed me without this thing.

~~~
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Feb 12 2008, 05:31 PM
Post #9

Apparent Racist

Just what are these pacto cards anyway? >_>

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Feral Phoenix
post Feb 13 2008, 03:13 PM
Post #10

Angelus Artifax

You don't read Negima!, do you...? >_>;; You'd probably like it, considering the amount of fan service and implied yuri. But whatever.

Pactio is a contract spell--it's addressed in the story, if you ever decide to read it other than stalking the thread. And it's pactio. With an I.

~~~
+Quote Post
DustyHaru
post Feb 13 2008, 03:56 PM
Post #11

Check Length

Read the update, I like it :D
Nessiah lost that much magical energy? well I guess the sleep deprivation didn't help much.

QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ Feb 13 2008, 10:13 AM) *

You don't read Negima!, do you...? >_>;; You'd probably like it, considering the amount of fan service and implied yuri. But whatever.

Pactio is a contract spell--it's addressed in the story, if you ever decide to read it other than stalking the thread. And it's pactio. With an I.

offtopic, but I was wondering how Al and Rakan got their pactio cards, does it mean that Nagi kissed them/they kissed Nagi? (depending on the viewpoint)

-Dusty

This post has been edited by DustyHaru: Feb 13 2008, 03:56 PM
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Feb 13 2008, 06:02 PM
Post #12

Apparent Racist

QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ Feb 13 2008, 07:13 AM) *

I think I saw it once... A friend was reading it and he showed me. But I haven't read it myself.
Hmmm. Implied yuri... This interests me indeed...

And yes I noticed it was pactio after posting. I was just too lazy to edit. |D
AND MAYBE I SHALL READ IT. Sometime. I'm busy with like. 3 or 4 projects. Lots and lots of work... ._.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Feral Phoenix
post Feb 13 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #13

Angelus Artifax

@Dusty: Judging from some of the comments Akamatsu makes on Al's design sheet, it's implied that his pactio IS with Nagi. *_* It's got me picturing lovely things, and it's driving me rather mad. Still, it's also kind of a plot hole if that's true, because according to the scenario with Tatsumiya and HER partner, once your magister's dead you can't use your Artifact anymore!

Still, Akamatsu makes broad hints that Nagi and Al were an item. Which, if that was true, I would love. :DDD Setsuna and Konoka are win, but Nagi and Al... *droooool*

._.;; I'd like that. Uh.

The pactio spell is basically where DSS came from. I started making the pactio cards before we even decided that we were going to do a major story around them, and the focus has shifted from the silly inter-character relationship-based plot I was initially considering to a really serious story. And I don't think the Love Pentagram will be fully resolved by the end. *_*

Anyway, my secondary beta says that she should have chapter 3 approved by next week, so y'alls look forward to that~

~~~
+Quote Post
Raijinili
post Feb 15 2008, 03:19 AM
Post #14

Lieutenant

Group: Gods
Member No.: 16

There are other ways to Pactio than kissing.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
DustyHaru
post Feb 15 2008, 12:43 PM
Post #15

Check Length

If you'd read my previous post I already said there wer other ways...
Feral mentioned mixing blood.

-Dusty
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 05:58 AM