Lacrima Castle
HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Minutes to Midnight, Well actually it's minutes afetr midnight right now...
Ethereal Citizen
post May 22 2007, 08:11 AM
Post #1

Lazy

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 1336

Hello my Linkin Park obsessed friends. ^^ Have you had the time or the care to check out Linkin Park's newest CD? Although it's really different from their older stuff, it by far their best, I would recomend it to anyone who has ever liked even one of Linkin Park's songs in the past. And even if you don't like Linkin Park, if you just want to hear really good songs at least listen to "Leave out All the Rest" "No More Sorrow" and "In Pieces" IMO those are the best songs on the whole album.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Leyviur
post May 22 2007, 10:08 AM
Post #2

Just Some Guy

Group: Gods
Member No.: 10

CRAWWWWWWWWWWWLING IIIIIIIIIIIIIN MY SKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIN THESE WOOOOOOOUNDS THEY WILLLLLLLLLLLLL NOT HEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL
+Quote Post
Ethereal Citizen
post May 22 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #3

Lazy

So is that a yes or a no?
+Quote Post
FlameSpark
post May 22 2007, 10:33 AM
Post #4

Talkative

Member No.: 978

I'd say he's drunk....again.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 22 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #5

Towards some blank infinity

Group: Knights
Member No.: 65

No, he has a point.
Their lyrical themes are pretty much aimed at the same demographic. Not to mention the fact that they've just changed their style to fit into the newest trend in music

The album name is blatantly unoriginal. Iron Maiden anyone?

Sure, Brad does some pathetic attempts at a guitar solo here and there, and "omglolwevegottenmorerawandheavyandmature!" Mature? Whining about crap and swearing is far from mature. And it doesn't sound "raw" it sounds like watered down weak crap that just floods the mainstream already. The album is far from mature, original, or "raw".

To this day, I still listen to some tracks from Hybrid Theory, maybe for the nostalgic effect, I dunno. But what little uniqueness they had back then is pretty much gone here.

The album is "interesting" nonetheless however. There are some really shit tracks, and tracks I can find myself liking somewhat, but overall, I don't find it that great.

This post has been edited by Chaos Seraph: May 22 2007, 03:08 PM

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post
Ethereal Citizen
post May 22 2007, 07:25 PM
Post #6

Lazy

Aww, thats too bad, I thought it was a really good album *and it still is...* I was sure someone, even someone who doesn't care for Linkin Park would find this "new style" to be a really great change form them. I think they have matured from their past albums and are doing really great.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! LP FOREVER!!
+Quote Post
Yuka
post May 22 2007, 08:20 PM
Post #7

We'll soak this parched earth with our own blood.

Group: Magi
Member No.: 177

Your opinion on Linkin Park is our opinion on Anathema; total win.

Speaking of which, we should probably feed you some Anathema.

This post has been edited by Sauce XIV: May 22 2007, 08:23 PM

~~~
[20:15] Irysa: I hate myself
[20:15] Irysa: I made myself some curry
[20:15] Irysa: and then
[20:15] Irysa: I realised
[20:15] Irysa: I wasn't hungry
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post May 22 2007, 08:45 PM
Post #8

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

I've only heard one of the new songs, on the radio, it's definitely better than the shit they put on their second album, but not really interesting enough to make me buy it.

And Asaph, not everything is an Iron Maiden ripoff. Hell, that song is a reference to the Doomsday Clock, they obviously ripped off a nuclear joke. Not surprising, I supopse. Maiden is terrible.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 23 2007, 12:34 AM
Post #9

When you're taking it out of such a popular metal album, it seems rather conspicuous.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post May 23 2007, 01:18 AM
Post #10

No, not really. Just to you.

Interesting fact: when something someone likes makes a reference to another something, it's an allusion or a homage, but when something someone doesn't like makes a reference to another something, it's plagiarism or a ripoff.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 23 2007, 01:26 AM
Post #11

I suppose thats why numerous people I know stole my thoughts.

Its not a ripoff. I said it was unoriginal. Maiden's original song was unoriginal too at best.

~~~
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post May 23 2007, 01:29 AM
Post #12

The way you presented it hints you think otherwise.

~~~
+Quote Post
Irysa
post May 23 2007, 01:41 AM
Post #13

It was the first thing that came to my mind when I heard the name of the new album a while ago. I'm just wierd like that.

~~~
+Quote Post
aerozero
post May 23 2007, 02:33 AM
Post #14

Life Waster

Member No.: 363

QUOTE(FlameSpark @ May 22 2007, 03:33 AM) *

2 weeks later, he'll find out that he has a wife instead of a girlfriend >_>

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Takeru-kun
post May 23 2007, 04:05 PM
Post #15

Shy

Member No.: 24

QUOTE(aerozero @ May 23 2007, 02:33 AM) *

QUOTE(FlameSpark @ May 22 2007, 03:33 AM) *

2 weeks later, he'll find out that he has a wife instead of a girlfriend >_>

lol...

Sound-wise, I think all three albums are different enough to appeal to different audiences. I liked Hybrid Theory, Reanimation, Meteora, and Collision Course (in that order specifically), but I didn't like Minutes to Midnight. It's too big of a departure from the previous three albums, and it loses the unique nu metal flair that they initially possessed. No sampling elements from Hahn, Shinoda only raps in two different songs, and the guitar riffs are pretty much gone as well. They might as well have changed their band name when they released this CD; It doesn't sound like Linkin Park at all.

As for an album on its own, without any comparisons to their previous work, most of what I think has already been said by Seraph (including the Doomsday Clock thing going on here, but mind you, they're not the first to do it), so I'll just recap: "swearing", "whining about stuff", "unoriginal". It's like they were taking too many cards from other bands who already dominate the genre. Given Up sounds especially inspired (if not ripped off) of something from a My Chemical Romance album, for instance. And then there's also that love-it-or-hate-it anti-war stance that's prevalent throughout the majority of the album (I mean, seriously, look at the album title).

I can see why someone else would like this album, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the original Linkin Park fan base would be disappointed, which is to be expected anyways, since the guys said they were planning to take a completely different direction a while after Meteora's release. It's a major disappointment to me.

This post has been edited by Takeru-kun: May 23 2007, 04:10 PM
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:01 PM