HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> New to Riviera, any general tips
tobias_the_dreamer
post Jul 10 2006, 10:36 PM
Post #1

Unregistered

Hi, I've just started playing Riviera, as in I'm only a few hours into it. I just have a few questions that I think answers to would help me much.

What's a good way to manage inventory and decide what to keep? Compared to many RPG's, Riviera's inventory is beyond small. I usually end up winning something after a battle but then having to throw away something I think I could have used. Any tips?

Are there major benefits to S-ranking every battle? I noticed it affects the number of TP you gain. Anything else I might not know about?

Is it a good idea to check everything on the look screen or is most of it okay to skip? Towards the beginning of the game, I'd not have enough TP to do anything except a few various things. Now I can check more but I'm not sure if all the items I'm gaining (while in the process, losing some, see above) are helpful.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks much!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jul 10 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #2

Towards some blank infinity

Group: Knights
Member No.: 65

Riviera Gamehelp

But anyway:

1. If you can learn something of an item you recieve, or it does a stupidly huge amount of damage, or, in rare cases, you need the effect the item gives ( Example being later on in the game when you have Bomber Kids who can potentially destroy the bridge unless you use Slumber Ivy ), keep it. If not, no.

2. You get certain item drops if you S rank, especially on Bosses. Also, as you said, more TP.

3. If you S rank enough, then yes, it is worth it, as you can get many conversations and items this way.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
Angelic Chao§
post Jul 10 2006, 11:57 PM
Post #3

Unregistered

S-rank as much as you can.
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jul 11 2006, 12:24 AM
Post #4

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

S-Ranking is not that important. Reason? You don't get items, and you don't get TP that will lead you to get more items. Thus, the inventory limitation is nullified.

If you wish to see what items each enemy drops for each rank, check the Bestiary on the site.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Ultimaninja
post Jul 11 2006, 11:26 PM
Post #5

Sleepy Touhou gamer

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 104

how you act towards each girl will result in a different ending each time...
BE CAREFUL!!!!

~~~
I have another name...Aquamentis...
I have worked with a friend named Yui to create a patch for a game called Touhoumon.
+Quote Post
tobias_the_dreamer
post Jul 12 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #6

Unregistered

Okay, from what I've seen 'Rose's Good Ending' is the supposed perfect or most complete ending? Is that what I should aim for or does it not really matter for a first time through.

Thanks for the help everybody! I really do appreciate it. :)
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jul 12 2006, 02:40 AM
Post #7

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

No, no ending is more perfect or complete than the other.
The only way Rose's Normal ending is "bad" is that there is no special CG for it.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
P.P.A.
post Jul 12 2006, 09:39 AM
Post #8

Architect of the Great Wall of Text

Group: Naughty Children
Member No.: 121

Choose the ending of your favourite girl. There isn´t a "good" or "bad" ending. It just depends on the player and what girl/ending he/she likes the most.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 01:45 AM