Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Riches
Dr Strum
post May 13 2007, 04:30 PM
Post #1

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

I've become quite addicted to this show. Just so great. It airs on FX Mondays at 2100 CT, if after this brief summary you're interested.

At the beginning, a man goes to a highschool reunion with his two daughters. He livens up the reunion entirely, getting everyone on the dance floor, getting people to talk, making speeches, etc, while his two daughters swipe wallets. Meanwhile his son out in the parking lot removes the stereos from cars. Why do they do this? For presents for the about-to-be-paroled mother of the children/wife of the man. They're a family of Travelers. The mother's named Dahlia, the father is Wayne, and the children are Cael, Di Di and Sam. They return to their clan for the Dahlia's "hooray you're out of prison" party, where it's found that the head of the clan promised Di Di for arranged marriage. Dahlia and Wayne go to confront him about this, at which point he beats the crap out of Wayne, and nearly his youngest son Sam. So, Wayne steals the entire lot of cash from the clan safe, and they flee. However, it's not long before the clan catches up to them. It's also not long before the clan causes another car to be forced off the road in their pursuit, and flees. Wayne and the rest of the family go to check on the accident; a newly married couple, the Riches, were killed in the accident. The couple was on their way to their new house, their house in a gated community where no one knew them beyond name, not even the real estate agent that sold them the house. The family decides to take over that life.

It's sooo much more complicated and interesting then I put it, but the paragraph is already getting kind of long. The show's really great, with fantastic acting and writing, great humor (though, admittedly, some of it is pretty dark), and one of the most interesting conflicts I've ever seen in a TV show. Check it out sometime, so that I might have someone with whom to talk about it.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post May 29 2007, 03:07 AM
Post #2

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

THAT CLIFFHANGER NOOOOOO

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Megaolix
post May 29 2007, 03:39 AM
Post #3

Scarlet Devil

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 80

Interesting... I'll try t check it out.

~~~
Why is life so complicated sometimes?
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Jun 5 2007, 03:04 AM
Post #4

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

How could they do this... :(

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jun 5 2007, 03:07 AM
Post #5

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

That was a pretty fucking huge cliff hanger.
There's like thirty different loose ends. :(

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 06:48 AM