Lacrima Castle
HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kannazuki no Miko, Or Kannaduki no Miko...
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Mar 3 2007, 07:45 PM
Post #1

Apparent Racist

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 426

Has anyone else seen this? I absolutely LOVE it right now, although that could be the whole 'hyped up on watching a new anime' thing... Although I finished the series like a week ago, I still absolutely ADORE it.

I mean, I just watched the entire series when I woke up... For like the... Third time. Plus I've been reading fanfiction on it, and seriously one of them was 300,000+ words, that's like a novel right there.

For those who haven't ever seen it, or heard of it, I'd link you to the Wikipedia article, but Wikipedia has a horrible habit of ruining everything for you... =/ So I'll just give the general idea:

So in the "Godless Month" (October) there is an evil god, Orochi (Those who are knowledgeable in Japanese mythology will recognize Orochi was an eight-headed dragon) that will awaken and attempt to destory the world using his Orochi followers (Orochi is used to refer to both the evil god and his eight followers, each one has a rank of 'Neck', with First Neck the highest and the Eighth Neck the lowest).

The ones who have to stop Orochi? Why the Lunar and Solar Priestesses, a pair of girls (obviously) whom are apparently reincarnated every single lifetime in order to be there if Orochi reawakens. They have to revive Ame no Murakumo in order to defeat, well seal (Orochi is a god after all and cannot actually die) Orochi away. Oh and the Solar Priestess is the main character Kurusugawa Himeko and the Lunar Priestess is Himemiya Chikane.

There is more too it, but that would spoil some very emotional parts of the entire storyline. It starts off very seemingly happy and cheerful, but around 3/4 the way to the end, the anime takes a turn for the worse and things really go wrong. All in all, I love it, although the mecha battles seem out of place (although the mecha are suppose to represent gods or something).

Oh before you go off looking at it maybe (You can find the entire series in japanese, subbed on YouTube. Steer clear of the English dub, as expected of most dubs the voices sound awful) it should be worth noting that this anime is not for the faint of heart: There is blood (Not a lot), swearing (again not a lot but some very bad ones), normal anime nudity (all the important bits missing), and some sexual content. Oh and it's a shojo-ai anime, that is girl x girl love. So if you're homophobic, don't watch it.

Himeko x Chikane = My OTP?!

This post has been edited by Fujibayashi Suzu: Mar 3 2007, 08:34 PM

~~~
IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
post Mar 4 2007, 04:06 AM
Post #2

Keeping the forum afloat

Group: Knights
Member No.: 392

oh......damn, i know i've heard of that somewhere............but where>.< *thinks*
...............sorry, i know i've seen that show, but i can't put my finger on it, sorry>>
when i look over my MASSIVE anime collection, i'll probably find it. or maybe not, seeing as my love for anime died when Full Metal Alchemist ended.

~~~
blues477 (10:29:38 AM): found you
(10:29:40 AM): you motherfucker
LoRdXrAsLeR(10:29:48 AM): D:
(10:29:54 AM): NO DON'T
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Mar 4 2007, 05:28 AM
Post #3

Apparent Racist

This is the only anime actually on my HD... The rest I just watch via YouTube or Peekvid. :P

Of course it helps it's only 12 episodes long with each one being 24 minutes and 9 seconds or so... I could probably watch this all day long and still get teary eyed at certain scenes.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
post Mar 5 2007, 12:26 AM
Post #4

Keeping the forum afloat

well sorry, i couldn't find it, althought i did find my missing copy of FF7>> well, do you think i should look into it again? i mean is it a good show?

~~~
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Mar 5 2007, 12:52 AM
Post #5

Apparent Racist

Well I think it's a good show, I absolutely love it. Although my opinion is biased.

But it wouldn't kill you to watch it again, ne? :P

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
post Mar 6 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #6

Keeping the forum afloat

Well, if you think so, i'll do it. I've been looking for an anime to help coop with my FMA withdrawals>>

..........i really hated the way they ended it, kinda like the way they ended Inuyasha......in the Japanese version anyway>>

~~~
+Quote Post
Yuka
post Mar 6 2007, 04:05 AM
Post #7

We'll soak this parched earth with our own blood.

Group: Magi
Member No.: 177

QUOTE(Lord Rasler @ Mar 5 2007, 10:43 PM) *

Well, if you think so, i'll do it. I've been looking for an anime to help coop with my FMA withdrawals>>

..........i really hated the way they ended it, kinda like the way they ended Inuyasha......in the Japanese version anyway>>

You're hopelessly obsessed. Give up now and bury yourself in the cesspit of chemical failures known as alchemy. In an animated format, of course.

Anyhow, I think I MIGHT check out KnM. MIGHT. That's not a definite answer.

~~~
[20:15] Irysa: I hate myself
[20:15] Irysa: I made myself some curry
[20:15] Irysa: and then
[20:15] Irysa: I realised
[20:15] Irysa: I wasn't hungry
+Quote Post
post Mar 6 2007, 04:10 AM
Post #8

Keeping the forum afloat

why do you have be dissing FMA, what did it ever do to you? and as to your comment, yes. I an very obsessed, and theres nothing you can do about it ^-^

~~~
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Mar 6 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #9

Apparent Racist

At least he's not as obsessed as my friend. She's so obsessed with like yaoi, she DREAMS about. Yeah. DREAMS.

I mean, I have a whole bunch of KnM things, and literally dedicated hours to watching the anime over and over, but I don't DREAM about any hawt Himeko x Chikane action.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Mar 6 2007, 09:42 AM
Post #10

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

A lot of people dream about sex, but are they considered "obsessed with sex"? No, you're just mean!

Anyway, I don't actually have much to say about the subject of this thread, so I probably shouldn't even be posting. Mecha battles sound good, mythology-based stuff sounds good. Maybe I'll look into it when I get a new computer.

The main reason I posted was because I don't get this zu/du thing. The title can be Kannazuki no Miko, or it can be Kannaduki no Miko. GameFAQs wont change YU's character designer from Satoko Kivuduki to Satoko Kiyuzuki (even though the game says "Satoko Kiyuzuki", which means that it's probably correct). I don't understand. Do you?

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Raijinili
post Mar 6 2007, 03:34 PM
Post #11

Lieutenant

Member No.: 16

tsu''

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Mar 6 2007, 07:47 PM
Post #12

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Member No.: 4

Oh, I thought that was just "zu". I don't know how I didn't notice that, especially since I get that character when I type "du"...

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Mar 7 2007, 02:55 AM
Post #13

Apparent Racist

Some people know it as Kannazuki no Miko, others as Kannaduki no Miko so... I just put down both.

I prefer Kannazuki no Miko because it sounds better... And on the topic of KnM, did I mention I read a fanfic that was the equalivent of 888 pages? That was a nice read.

But you should totally watch it, I mean, it won't kill you so... The worst that will happen is you dislike the genre *shrug*

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Raijinili
post Mar 7 2007, 04:38 AM
Post #14

Lieutenant

Member No.: 16

dzu

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Mar 8 2007, 02:25 AM
Post #15

Apparent Racist

...dzu?

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 02:10 PM