Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LCN COMMUNITY GROUP PICTURE, Ideas
Frisk
post Aug 18 2010, 04:51 AM
Post #1

Determined

Group: Knights
Member No.: 1463

Describe yourself. I plan on doing a chibi version of just about every notable member I can think of, then combining them into one large drawing together. Obviously, it doesn't have to be what you really look like, but if you don't put something here, don't be mad if you're unsatisfied with the way you look/aren't in it because I forgot.

I've already got 19 done, but I don't mind changing/revising them.

Try not to keep them too complicated, as I'm not the best artist in the world ;_;

People I've Drawn So Far:
Me*
Malice
Walrus*
Rhia*
Enzd*
Sturm*
Atma
Moe Youkai Sauce*
Chef
Hito*
Asaph
Tsuki*
Hayate
Sara*
El Nido*
Dusty*
CardboardBox*
teruterubouzu
Lucho*
Rasler*
Blues*
Chrishawke*
Fensti*
Sandpenguin*
lilcases*

An * by a member's name means I'm satisfied with it based on what members have told me/pictures I've seen.

This post has been edited by Vahn: Oct 6 2010, 12:28 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
chrishawke
post Aug 18 2010, 05:02 AM
Post #2

Man with Manly Biceps

Member No.: 15

A hawk with glasses and a mustache?

You know, that sounds pretty stupid.

~~~
LACRIMA PEONZ ARTZ SHOWCASE (Aug. 14, 2010) - Part 1 , Part 2

"LACRIMA PEONS ARTZ" Archive <-- What's this?
Dec. 25 2005 to Aug. 13, 2010 - 371 images, 48.6 MB, fixed some filenames and typos
+Quote Post
sandpenguin
post Aug 18 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #3

3 Years passed and it all make a difference.

Group: Flunkies
Member No.: 1630

A penguin in an attire suited for a journey in the desert, like Lawrence of Arabia style.

~~~
IPB Image Governance is frickin hard.
+Quote Post
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
post Aug 18 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #4

Keeping the forum afloat

Member No.: 392

Wait, you've drawn me?

I can only remember ever posting the picture one of myself. That was like 2 years ago. Maybe you have the picture of me from Raiday.

I've changed a bit since, the way I look that is.

I might just post a new pisture of myself in the picture thread.

~~~
blues477 (10:29:38 AM): found you
(10:29:40 AM): you motherfucker
LoRdXrAsLeR(10:29:48 AM): D:
(10:29:54 AM): NO DON'T
+Quote Post
Frisk
post Aug 18 2010, 08:47 PM
Post #5

Determined

The only pictures that come anywhere close to resembling the actual members so far is Walrus and Sturm. And they're not very accurate. I've pretty much been doing random doodles waiting for people to give descriptions of what they look like. Blues is kinda close now, I guess... And Box and Hito look like their namesakes.
+Quote Post
Shadow
post Aug 18 2010, 11:17 PM
Post #6

Aesthetic

Member No.: 46

Holy shit, I've been taken into account for something. Thank you Vahn :'D
Here's what I can give as a description about myself: short, really short hair (almost completely shaved), glasses, uses collar shirts a lot.
You can also use my profile picture.
+Quote Post
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
post Aug 18 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #7

Keeping the forum afloat

Member No.: 392

HURR DURR

This is the one from a few years ago.

I'm getting around to uploading a more up-to date one.

~~~
blues477 (10:29:38 AM): found you
(10:29:40 AM): you motherfucker
LoRdXrAsLeR(10:29:48 AM): D:
(10:29:54 AM): NO DON'T
+Quote Post
Frisk
post Aug 19 2010, 01:01 AM
Post #8

Determined

Thanks Lucho and Rasler.

And sand and Chris for earlier.

This post has been edited by Vahn: Aug 19 2010, 01:02 AM
+Quote Post
Astarte Mellia
post Aug 19 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #9

Lazy

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 2074

Excuse me, but I believe you are copying Chains of Convictions ideas which is considered stealing. You are making a bad impression for this forum. This is very similar to Chronica's post that was created in 25 Jun 2010 from chains of conviction that was called MASS USER ART!! It had the same idea, but I believe you had copied it. We had a banner contest before you guys had one, and after we finished our first one, yours had appeared which implies that you had copied our ideas. We do not like you copying our ideas and please get your own ideas. Your site is dead and having these special events are not going to bring them up.

This post has been edited by Astarte Mellia: Aug 19 2010, 09:01 AM

~~~
Hm.hm..hm..Hi, I'm an astarte
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Aug 19 2010, 09:12 AM
Post #10

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

Then you've stolen the idea from someone else. I remember back in 2005 someone in a different community I was in drew a group picture of the regulars... Of course, I highly doubt that was the first time someone had ever done something like that. Vahn doesn't represent this forum anyway, and something tells me he hasn't actually ever been to that site. LCN's reputation on other sites is basically -5000 at this point anyway, since there were so many people that got angry at us and left and told all their friends about what jerks we are.

And your site's about as dead as ours. LCN's basically just a community of friends talking at this point, but what's wrong with the members who actually still come doing just that? This isn't some ploy to get more activity. That would be the random bumping of old threads we did a few weeks back. This is just messing around and having fun, and you're far from the first to do that.

Where the heck did you get all those feelings of self-importance from, anyway?

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hayashi Tenshi
post Aug 19 2010, 09:23 AM
Post #11

Dew Prism

Member No.: 1799

How would you know if it was dead if its always on hidden o.o

Nobody can view the website without registering
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Aug 19 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #12

I don't know, but I remember seeing the forum at one point trying to figure out what the site even was and not seeing many recent posts at all.

But that's not what's important!

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Hayashi Tenshi
post Aug 19 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #13

Dew Prism

Member No.: 1799

That doesnt really say its "dead"

dead means you have like 1-3 members posting around now and then and nobody posting in the most important places I guess. But they cant really call this place dead because its not really considered a "forum" anymore since its just for you guys to be able to contact eachother with

This post has been edited by Hayashi Tenshi: Aug 19 2010, 09:32 AM
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Aug 19 2010, 09:38 AM
Post #14

Even if you were considering it a normal forum it can't be dead by that definition. There are at least ten people who post on a regular basis, and there isn't really a good "important" place to post at this point since Sting's taking ages with the next Dept. Heaven game.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Raij|Away
post Aug 19 2010, 10:07 AM
Post #15

Casual Chatter

Group: People Too Lazy to Register
Member No.: 1614

Excuse me, but I believe you are copying Chains of Convictions ideas which is considered stealing. You are making a bad impression for this forum. This is very similar to Chronica's post that was created in 25 Jun 2010 from chains of conviction that was called MASS USER ART!! It had the same idea, but I believe you had copied it. We had a banner contest before you guys had one, and after we finished our first one, yours had appeared which implies that you had copied our ideas. We do not like you copying our ideas and please get your own ideas. Your site is dead and having these special events are not going to bring them up.

The fact is, very few members of LCN actually visit that forum, and I don't think any of them are in the core group. If you think that Chains has any influence on us, then it's a sign of an overdeveloped sense of Chains' importance.

To address your claims broadly, I don't know if Vahn knew anything about your site specifically, but
- What he does is his own choice, and to go around accusing us as a community for his actions is fairly silly.
- That being said, you should be flattered that someone took "your" idea.
- That being said, you don't own the idea. If anything, it belongs to the member that brought it to your board. You have no right to embarrass said member with claims of idea ownership.
- That being said, your member probably doesn't own the idea either. It seems like an idea that would naturally pop up in online communities, and as Rhia has said, she's seen it before that forum even existed. You wouldn't complain that your member stole the idea, I'm sure. That's what's called a double standard.
- Even ignoring everything above, why are you so miserly with "your" ideas? I remember distinctly that I went to your forum and told you outright that you could use any data that I ripped for LCN. Is this your gratitude?

I'm one of those people on this forum who's always trying to convince other people that third people aren't so bad, and by making such drama with such an inane and frivolous accusation, you are NOT helping the long-held impression that you're a bunch of whiny dramatic immature brats.

As for your last statement, that's petty and hateful. The reason that many of your members left this site is that many of our core members are hateful and malicious, and it baffles me that you would even say something that could stir up that hate. Fortunately for you, as I said before, you're just not that important to the core members of this site. I really don't think I need to defend against it, but our chat room is still active, which is part of the reason why the board isn't.

P.S. The banner at the top of "Death of Blue"? That was due to a banner contest, from like 2004. Why didn't we accuse you of stealing the idea? Because no one that was here back then visits your site. Because most of us don't visit your site. Because we don't know whether you took the idea from us. Because we don't care, since it's incredibly petty and small-minded to think that we own the idea. Choose your own reason, but think about that.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 9th May 2024 - 05:23 AM