Reply to this topicStart new topic
> LEDAH, HELP!!
Dr Strum
post Jun 3 2006, 03:28 PM
Post #16

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

She's the hawtest character in the game. Much funnier than the rest. Her attacks are much cooler.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ChefMKT
post Jun 12 2006, 03:53 AM
Post #17

whoosh

Group: Knights
Member No.: 73

Technically, Malice is harder than Ledah because of the fact that Fire > Ice and Ice > Fire. However, Serene is -NOT- weak to fire which makes Ledah more easier to deal with damage wise.

~~~
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
¤₪ĂЙÐЯĔÃ…₪¤
post Jun 19 2006, 02:48 AM
Post #18

Lazy

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 82

I love the attacks of Cierra, why?...because I love the booms too >>

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Jan Akiyama
post Jul 3 2006, 08:07 PM
Post #19

Shy

Member No.: 20

Actually, Ledah would be just plain cheap even if he was limited to this.

Mainly he CANNOT be affected by status.

He has a natural Regenerative factor which means unless you kill him, he will always come back from the brink of death.

His diviner may be fire based, but it is a piercing attack and strikes 4 times for a normal attack. If Ledah continuously raises his stats even by 20, he can actually output more damage in one turn then every other character in the game with normal hits.

Ledah has base 250 HP in the game. If he gains all the Mana wisps, he has a base of 1320. Thats the second highest in the game. (The highest is Cierra, I got her above 1400. I was like. Sht!)

In terms of Cool, I gotta say its Cierra. The runes won me over. But My friend liked Lina's. He said it was cute. Serene's was a bit bland but it still did crazy phys damage. But Fia's is overated. Useless attack on one foe.

This post has been edited by Jan Akiyama: Jul 3 2006, 08:08 PM

~~~
And I thought Saturos and Menardi had issues...- Sheba
+Quote Post
ChefMKT
post Jul 4 2006, 06:17 AM
Post #20

whoosh

Member No.: 73

Ledah has base 250 HP in the game. If he gains all the Mana wisps, he has a base of 1320. Thats the second highest in the game. (The highest is Cierra, I got her above 1400. I was like. Sht!)

The only thing right in that is that Cierra has the highest HP. In my game, the following characters have this:

Ein: 1485 HP
Cierra: 1785 HP
Serene: 1465 HP
Lina: 1295 HP
Fia: 1455 HP

As you can see, Ledah actually has one of the worst HPs in the entire game. This doesn't really help as the only thing he can use is Lorelei either. Also, For some reason, Lina's Str was lower in this file than my previous ones so I obviously missed an overskill. This means that Lina could've easily gained another 20-40HP which would pretty much equal Ledah's max HP going by your calculations. Also, Ledah's STR would only be 89 and his MGC would only be 47 -IF- somehow he stayed in your party throughout the whole game and got all the manawisps. This is pathetic, really.

Ein: 128 STR
Cierra: 167 MGC
Serene: 147 STR
Lina: 106 STR (Not the highest you can get, I know that much)
Fia: 81 STR, 135 MGC

These stats are what I got in my current game file. Honestly, the only saving grace Ledah has is his ungodly REC, but mysteriously loses it later on. How, no one knows, yet. But as you can see, Ledah really -IS- the weakest party member. It doesn't help that Cierra's overskills (Fire) would easily outdamage Ledah's which makes Ledah pointless really. (End large wall of text)

This post has been edited by ChefMKT: Jul 4 2006, 06:22 AM

~~~
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
+Quote Post
Shadow
post Jul 4 2006, 05:37 PM
Post #21

Aesthetic

Member No.: 46

What if Ledah, for some unknown reason, uses other weapons?
It's another option.
+Quote Post
P.P.A.
post Jul 4 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #22

Architect of the Great Wall of Text

Group: Naughty Children
Member No.: 121

Ledah can´t use any other weapon than Lorelei. He´s even too stupid for drinking a potion!
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jul 4 2006, 06:37 PM
Post #23

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

No, he's not stupid, he's arrogant.
He says himself "All I need is Lorelei." He's too proud to use anything else, believing his Diviner to be all-powerful.
That's why he dies.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Carnivorous Sheep
post Jul 20 2006, 11:58 PM
Post #24

Lazy

Member No.: 172

But Ledah is cool as hell as an enemy...pity he really sucks as an ally...

But hey, he's in the equivalent of a tutorial as an ally so what do you expect...

~~~
"Though always keen and eager the sheepdog never really mastered the herding of carnivorous sheep."

IPB Image
+Quote Post
post Aug 3 2006, 10:44 PM
Post #25

Unregistered

Yeah,quite true and her wait time is sooo slow, so trying to train Cierra her weapon takes a bit of time, you might as well train others at the same time as well..
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Aug 13 2006, 09:20 PM
Post #26

Towards some blank infinity

Member No.: 65

QUOTE (Dr Sturm @ Jul 4 2006, 06:37 PM)
No, he's not stupid, he's arrogant.
He says himself "All I need is Lorelei." He's too proud to use anything else, believing his Diviner to be all-powerful.
That's why he dies.

Not really. Lorelei IS the most powerful thing he has at that point in the game. I see your point though.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post
post Sep 18 2006, 02:33 PM
Post #27

Unregistered

It does not matter if he sucks as an ally. He was never intended to be an ally any further then the first chapter, which is why he was focused on (stat wise). If he were to have been a constant ally, his stats would've probably been better.

He makes a pretty decent enemy, but not unstoppable.
+Quote Post
post Oct 23 2006, 03:55 PM
Post #28

Unregistered

I like ledah, he has cool character attitude and background and yes he is a fucktard
+Quote Post
Desu
post Nov 4 2006, 04:34 PM
Post #29

デス

Member No.: 245

well, i dont like him. he's better off an enemy for the story's sake too.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
post Nov 28 2006, 08:41 AM
Post #30

Unregistered

QUOTE(Jan Akiyama @ Jul 3 2006, 08:07 PM) *

In terms of Cool, I gotta say its Cierra. The runes won me over. But My friend liked Lina's. He said it was cute. Serene's was a bit bland but it still did crazy phys damage. But Fia's is overated. Useless attack on one foe.

I must disagree on that last statement. While I'm not too certain of your initial impression of Fia based on other opinions, Fia is quite a good character. Firstly, Fia's rapier overskills do more damage than Serene's by chapter 6. With stats considered, they should break just about even, not certain though. She does do more damage than Serene in chapter 8. Not that this'll be much use if Cierra or Lina's around, but still.
Secondly, Fia's rapier attack can also raise your Overdrive meter and your opponent's RAGE meter greatly, which is very useful if you need a large Overdrive boost to use a high-level finisher, once the opponent does his/her MAX/RAGE move. Though that means you should be leery of assualting certain bosses with rapiers.
Thirdly, Fia's main role is a healer. Useful for challenges, but she's not going to be your main offensive tank. Although with ATT-boosting items, she should have decent damage. Overall, Fia's usefulness depends on your strategy, but she should never be useless, unless your strategy is a non-stop barrage, in which case the point of Riviera as a strategy game goes out the window.

But that's all off-topic. On-topic, Ledah is...painful as an ally past chapter 1. Disregarding the obvious story damage, unless you're allowed to choose a few alternate weapons and leave him out of battles, he's more of a hinderance than a help. If STING goes to all the trouble of redesigning the plot, adding a skill with Ledah for every item in the game, he's probably going to be excellent. Meanwhile, in reality, while he has good REC (20% healing each turn), and he also has a 4-hit attack that pierces on the last strike, he's worthless, quite possibly even worse than worthless, against fire-based monsters, plus the fact that his overskill is the weakest in the game by chapter 6, and shatters the overdrive bar despite it's weakness, and that he doesn't have a single use besides attacking, he's weak. As an enemy, though, he can be a little tricky to get Lorelei off. Malice is considerably easier for me, since you can walk all over her with Cierra. So, I'm pretty happy with it as it is, although if STING actually redesigned Riviera to fit Ledah in throughout the storyline, that would be wonderful. Not going to happen, though.

Off-topic again, I'll make this quick: Anyone feel that Riviera feels...incomplete? Several things are left unexplained, such as why the gods shared the demons fate after Ragnarok, why Ursula died, why Grim Angels had to sacrifice something, and so on. Almost as though the plot designer realised everything couldn't fit into the wonderswan's memory, and couldn't be bothered to complete it for the PSP or GBA.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 12:18 PM