Lacrima Castle
HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> HAPPY BIRTHDAY! To someone we should all know, ...
Marionette
post Feb 8 2007, 02:55 PM
Post #16

The Comedy of Errors

Group: Knights
Member No.: 11

I... see. XD;;

~~~
IPB Image IPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Feb 8 2007, 04:21 PM
Post #17

Towards some blank infinity

Member No.: 65

QUOTE(Lord Ryo @ Feb 8 2007, 05:17 AM) *

J-Pop, like Pop, is regularly a synonym for crap. I try to avoid it.

You didn't say what...?
He didn't say it was crap. He said it was regulary a SYNONYN for crap. I think you need to take reading comprehension classes...

The topic title makes no mention of her, or being a fan of anything. What it did mention is celebrating the birthday of "someone we should all know." I came in assuming it was an important or worth-knowing person.

And even after finding out it wasn't, you posted a smart ass remark anyways, and continued to do so.
Smart ass? He said he'd never heard of her.

No, baiting is when you make a statement in order to anger people.

I asked who liked Tommy? You came and said you didn't know who she was and said J-Pop is crap, for no reason or to try to anger someone?
Once again, he did not say J-Pop is crap. He answered your question regarding why he didn't listen to it, and why he had not heard of her due to it.

Happy Birthday to her, but a lot of people probably don't know the names of Jpop artists here. Afterall, this isn't exactly a board for it...

Well thanks. I know this place wasn't created for this reason but I figured if it had a thread for music, I would at least try and find someone who shared the same taste.
Good luck with that.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post
aerozero
post Feb 9 2007, 12:45 AM
Post #18

Life Waster

Member No.: 363

You know what, I just realized that this Saturday is my Birthday!!!!

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Lord Ryo
post Feb 9 2007, 03:54 AM
Post #19

Flame Haze!

Group: Naughty Children
Member No.: 532

QUOTE(Chaos Seraph @ Feb 8 2007, 04:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Lord Ryo @ Feb 8 2007, 05:17 AM) *

You didn't say what...?
He didn't say it was crap. He said it was regulary a SYNONYN for crap. I think you need to take reading comprehension classes...

He said IS as if it were fact, which it's not. Only if the entire world agreed would it then be a fact. Therefore him saying it IS crap makes it only his opinion. Meybe you should take some reading comprehension classes, or is that too hard for you to comprehend.

The topic title makes no mention of her, or being a fan of anything. What it did mention is celebrating the birthday of "someone we should all know." I came in assuming it was an important or worth-knowing person.

And even after finding out it wasn't, you posted a smart ass remark anyways, and continued to do so.
Smart ass? He said he'd never heard of her.

And then said that J-Pop is crap. If he doesn't like J-Pop, or tries to avoid it, why did he post here? To be a smart ass. Can you comprehend that one smart ass?

Happy Birthday to her, but a lot of people probably don't know the names of Jpop artists here. Afterall, this isn't exactly a board for it...

Well thanks. I know this place wasn't created for this reason but I figured if it had a thread for music, I would at least try and find someone who shared the same taste.
Good luck with that.

Thanks, but she has many fans, I was trying to see if she had any here. There's no harm in trying.
+Quote Post
Lord Ryo
post Feb 9 2007, 03:55 AM
Post #20

Flame Haze!

DAMN IT!
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Feb 9 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #21

Thats odd. Let me write that again.

He said IS as if it were fact, which it's not. Only if the entire world agreed would it then be a fact. Therefore him saying it IS crap makes it only his opinion. Meybe you should take some reading comprehension classes, or is that too hard for you to comprehend.

Hence the regulary. There is crap in every genre, denying that is plain stupidity. He was explaining that he did not listen to it because he considered there to be rather more crap in the genre than elsewhere.

And the entire world agreeing doesn't make it fact either.

And then said that J-Pop is crap. If he doesn't like J-Pop, or tries to avoid it, why did he post here? To be a smart ass. Can you comprehend that one smart ass?

There you go, insulting me again. He already explained, he entered because he assumed you were reffering to someone important to anyone. Having entered, he did not know who it was, and stated so.

Then YOU asked

Do you not listen to J-Pop or just don't know who she is

Which he answered to and gave a reason. Don't ask questions you don't want answers to.

Thanks, but she has many fans, I was trying to see if she had any here. There's no harm in trying.

Never said there was.

This post has been edited by Chaos Seraph: Feb 9 2007, 04:20 PM

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post
Lord Ryo
post Feb 10 2007, 08:03 AM
Post #22

Flame Haze!

[quote]Hence the regulary. There is crap in every genre, denying that is plain stupidity. He was explaining that he did not listen to it because he considered there to be rather more crap in the genre than elsewhere.[/quote]
I’ll agree that each genre has something that can be called crap, some more than others, but that doesn’t make it true, just my opinion. And Sturm thinking the same thing only makes it his personal opinion. What’s so hard to understand about that?

[quote]There you go, insulting me again. He already explained, he entered because he assumed you were reffering to someone important to anyone. Having entered, he did not know who it was, and stated so.[/quote]
Again?! Is that how you justify insulting me? Whatever… I didn’t have a problem with Sturm not knowing who she is, I did ask after all. But when he answered with a “J-Pop is regularly a synonym for crap” he threw me off, how do you answer a question with a stupid statement that doesn’t make sense? I asked why he didn’t know who she is, he replied by saying “J-Pop is crap”, and then when I called him on it he says “I never said that.” *Make up your mind…>_<*

[quote]Don’t ask questions you don’t want answers to.[/quote]
I didn’t. He answered a question I never ask, I just said that.

[quote]
[/quote]
Never said there was.
[/quote]
Never said you said there was. It was just a statement.
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Feb 10 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #23

I’ll agree that each genre has something that can be called crap, some more than others, but that doesn’t make it true, just my opinion. And Sturm thinking the same thing only makes it his personal opinion. What’s so hard to understand about that?

Now you're just killing your argument. You're agreeing with me and disagreeing with me at the same time over the same point. :\

The fact is, he gave his opinion, which I would agree with, because you asked for it.

Again?! Is that how you justify insulting me? Whatever… I didn’t have a problem with Sturm not knowing who she is, I did ask after all. But when he answered with a “J-Pop is regularly a synonym for crap” he threw me off, how do you answer a question with a stupid statement that doesn’t make sense? I asked why he didn’t know who she is, he replied by saying “J-Pop is crap”, and then when I called him on it he says “I never said that.” *Make up your mind…>_<*

I didn't insult you.

That was his reason for not listening, and quite frankly, most people prefer to give something to back up their reasons a lot of the time. He did NOT say J-Pop is crap, for the last time, read it again.

I didn’t. He answered a question I never ask, I just said that.

Do you not listen to J-Pop or just don't know who she is

Yes you did.

Never said you said there was. It was just a statement.

I never said you said I said that you said there was. ;)

This post has been edited by Chaos Seraph: Feb 10 2007, 09:52 AM

~~~
+Quote Post
Lord Ryo
post Feb 10 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #24

Flame Haze!

Wow, I’m really surprised at how many people don’t know such basic words but continue to use them as if they do. I’ll repeat this one last time for the reading impaired.

When I asked Sturm why he didn’t know who Tommy Heavenly was I was expecting something along the lines of “No, I’m not into J-Pop.” or a “No, I just haven’t heard that name before.” I mean those are proper answers to my question. Yet I received a “J-Pop is regularly a synonym for crap, I try to avoid it.” So I assume Sturm doesn’t like J-Pop, there’s the answer to my question. But then he says “I never said I don’t like J-Pop.” So if he doesn’t not like J-Pop, then he never really answered my question to begin with, but rather stated an opinion. And no, it’s not necessary to support the reasons behind your opinions; I didn’t ask why or why not he didn’t like J-Pop.
+Quote Post
Marionette
post Feb 10 2007, 03:10 PM
Post #25

The Comedy of Errors

Member No.: 11

Hey, guys. Stop arguing. Either find something relevant to the topic or this is getting locked.

~~~
IPB Image IPB Image
+Quote Post
aerozero
post Feb 10 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #26

Life Waster

Member No.: 363

It sures seems like a lot of arguments break out here.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Feb 10 2007, 08:09 PM
Post #27

QUOTE(Lord Ryo @ Feb 10 2007, 11:32 AM) *
When I asked Sturm why he didn’t know who Tommy Heavenly was I was expecting something along the lines of “No, I’m not into J-Pop.” or a “No, I just haven’t heard that name before.” I mean those are proper answers to my question. Yet I received a “J-Pop is regularly a synonym for crap, I try to avoid it.” So I assume Sturm doesn’t like J-Pop, there’s the answer to my question. But then he says “I never said I don’t like J-Pop.”

He didn't say that. And because Mari says so, I'm just going to stop there.

This post has been edited by Chaos Seraph: Feb 10 2007, 08:09 PM

~~~
+Quote Post
Diablo
post Feb 10 2007, 08:43 PM
Post #28

Unregistered

Uh, I think I know who you're talking about... ._.

In any case, happy birthday to her! ^^
+Quote Post
Lord Ryo
post Feb 12 2007, 06:50 AM
Post #29

Flame Haze!

Thank you Diablo, that was all I asked for in the first place. Instead all I get is some confused person who has no idea what they're talking about. I find that alot on this message board, maybe that says something...
+Quote Post
Raijinili
post Feb 12 2007, 05:04 PM
Post #30

Lieutenant

Group: Gods
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(Dr Sturm)
Except J-Pop isn't like American pop. Instead, it's an all-encompassing term for popular music. If they did that here, rap would be A-pop.
QUOTE(Dr Sturm)
No, baiting is when you make a statement in order to anger people.
Or provoke in general.
QUOTE(Chaos Seraph)
I think you need to take reading interpretation classes. Sturm was trolling him with that comment.
QUOTE(Lord Ryo)
He QUALIFIED his statement with the word "regularly". As in the converse (I think it was) of "not always". Maybe you should take "if you're gonna be a smartass don't make any mistakes" classes.
QUOTE(Lord Ryo)
Let's try this:
THE RIGHT TO POST IS NOT A FUNCTION OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU AGREE WITH THE TOPIC CREATOR'S IMPLIED OPINIONS

"IF YOU DON'T HAVE SOMETHING NICE TO SAY DON'T SAY ANYTHING" IS NOT A RULE ON FORUMS

QUOTE(Chaos Seraph)
Hence the regulary. There is crap in every genre, denying that is plain stupidity. He was explaining that he did not listen to it because he considered there to be rather more crap in the genre than elsewhere.
The IMPLICATION of his statement was that J-Pop was MOSTLY crap, not that it had SOME crap, even though the literal interpretation would only mean "there exists crap in the genre".
QUOTE(Lord Ryo)
But when he answered with a “J-Pop is regularly a synonym for crap” he threw me off, how do you answer a question with a stupid statement that doesn’t make sense?
He actually said he avoided it because it was usually crap, not that it was complete crap. It was more explanatory than inflammatory.

How would you better phrase what he wanted to say? Add "IMO"?
QUOTE(Chaos Seraph)
Now you're just killing your argument. You're agreeing with me and disagreeing with me at the same time over the same point. :\

The fact is, he gave his opinion, which I would agree with, because you asked for it.
He agreed with the opinion. He did not agree with claiming it as fact.

And he didn't ask for an opinion, he asked for an explanation.
QUOTE(Lord Ryo)
Wow, I’m really surprised at how many people don’t know such basic words but continue to use them as if they do. I’ll repeat this one last time for the reading impaired.
Wow, I'm really (NOT) surprised that people are being jerks about how to interpret words and get the interpretations wrong themselves.
QUOTE(Lord Ryo)
When I asked Sturm why he didn’t know who Tommy Heavenly was I was expecting something along the lines of “No, I’m not into J-Pop.” or a “No, I just haven’t heard that name before.” I mean those are proper answers to my question. Yet I received a “J-Pop is regularly a synonym for crap, I try to avoid it.” So I assume Sturm doesn’t like J-Pop, there’s the answer to my question. But then he says “I never said I don’t like J-Pop.” So if he doesn’t not like J-Pop, then he never really answered my question to begin with, but rather stated an opinion. And no, it’s not necessary to support the reasons behind your opinions; I didn’t ask why or why not he didn’t like J-Pop.
"I try to avoid [J-Pop]" isn't a reason that he doesn't recognize a certain J-Pop artist?

And no, it's not necessary for him to keep from adding certain comments just because someone might get offended by opinion stated as fact.

This post has been edited by Raijinili: Feb 12 2007, 05:27 PM

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th May 2024 - 08:41 PM