Lacrima Castle
HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The all encompassing Tales thread, Because some more recent RPGs don't posess the awesomeness.
Irysa
post Jun 26 2008, 03:01 AM
Post #31

Towards some blank infinity

Group: Knights
Member No.: 65

You'd never need an FAQ on any playthrough after your first.

You're acting like someone would use an FAQ extensively to know EVERYTHING on their first playthrough, which is retarded

No you didn't.

Yes, I did.

Yes it does, since you're measuring animation speed. A longer attack will take longer to animate, and thus appear longer.

No. I'm measuring the speed of attacks per input.

Luke covers far more ground than Yuri does in the same time frame.

Hahaha, oh wow.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jun 26 2008, 03:06 AM
Post #32

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

You're acting like someone would use an FAQ extensively to know EVERYTHING on their first playthrough
No I'm not.

Yes, I did.
And that's why your post was still saying four button presses for the attack when I got back from posting, right?

No. I'm measuring the speed of attacks per input.
Uh, no, because the numbers would be in the milliseconds, then.

Hahaha, oh wow.
You fail to notice that Vesperia's battle stages are absolutely, ridiculously enormous, even in random battles.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jun 26 2008, 03:11 AM
Post #33

No I'm not.

Then why act like an average person would beat Symphonia in under 20 hours without making extensive use of an FAQ on their first run?

And that's why your post was still saying four button presses for the attack when I got back from posting, right?

If you're going to argue about that, I was editing the post before I saw you post that at any rate.

Uh, no, because the numbers would be in the milliseconds, then.

The numbers are the length of the animation in total. The comparison is how long the animations are compared to each other.

The length of the animations is directly proportionate to the speed of the attacks per input.

You fail to notice that Vesperia's battle stages are absolutely, ridiculously enormous, even in random battles.

I for one, welcome bigger setouts. In terms of speed, I think that at level 20 anyway, Luke runs MUCH slower than Yuri. I see no significant difference between the speeds in the video I made, and at that point, Luke is somewhere around the 40s.

If you're having reaction time issues, then I'm standing by the opinion that they aren't any better or any worse than Abyss. If you really think there's something wrong, it might be the LCD on your HDTV failing to update fast enough.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jun 26 2008, 03:21 AM
Post #34

Then why act like an average person would beat Symphonia in under 20 hours without making extensive use of an FAQ on their first run?
Because I was able to do it?

The length of the animations is directly proportionate to the speed of the attacks per input.
No it's not. If that were true, Sasha and I wouldn't feel that Vesperia reacts so slowly, yet have no problem with Symphonia and Abyss.

I for one, welcome bigger setouts.
Enjoy chasing enemies around a giant field for ten minutes.

it might be the LCD on your HDTV failing to update fast enough.
Can't be, since all other games fail to have such problems. Vesperia just sucks, I guess. :/

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jun 26 2008, 03:26 AM
Post #35

Because I was able to do it?

And other people didn't.

No it's not. If that were true, Sasha and I wouldn't feel that Vesperia reacts so slowly, yet have no problem with Symphonia and Abyss.

You know, here's something funny. I thought Symphonia and Abyss were clunky and slow anyway.

Enjoy chasing enemies around a giant field for ten minutes.

Not if they start actually putting more enemies in the game.

Can't be, since all other games fail to have such problems. Vesperia just sucks, I guess. :/

I haven't noticed that particular problem at all and I play on a CRT.

Your tv just sucks I guess. :\

~~~
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jun 26 2008, 03:29 AM
Post #36

And other people didn't.
Just like other people didn't solo Abyssion with Sheena at level six.

You know, here's something funny. I thought Symphonia and Abyss were clunky and slow anyway.
You gotta' get off the uppers, man.

Not if they start actually putting more enemies in the game.
Yeah, because that doesn't stop a Golden Goose from hopping around the battlefield for ten minutes after you've killed all the rest.

Your tv just sucks I guess. :\
Wow, you are intensely stupid. How could it be the TV if it only happens with this one game? It's the game, not the TV.

~~~
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jun 26 2008, 03:35 AM
Post #37

Just like other people didn't solo Abyssion with Sheena at level six.

What's your point?

The average time a normal person playing Symphonia would take is not under 20 hours.

You gotta' get off the uppers, man.

More like they are, but I'm just used to more responsive controls.

Yeah, because that doesn't stop a Golden Goose from hopping around the battlefield for ten minutes after you've killed all the rest.

If you have more enemies it's significantly less likely you'll have to spend more time running to and from them.

Wow, you are intensely stupid. How could it be the TV if it only happens with this one game? It's the game, not the TV.

How could it be the game if it doesn't happen on other TVs?

~~~
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jun 26 2008, 03:43 AM
Post #38

The average time a normal person playing Symphonia would take is not under 20 hours.
Prove it.

More like they are, but I'm just used to more responsive controls.
... What?

If you have more enemies it's significantly less likely you'll have to spend more time running to and from them.
On a bigger stage they spread out and you gotta' chase them down. EG: you're wrong.

How could it be the game if it doesn't happen on other TVs?
Because other TVs belong to biased assholes

~~~
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jun 26 2008, 03:46 AM
Post #39

Prove it.

Sauce and I didn't beat it in under 20.

... What?

The controls are clunky, but because you're not used to much better it's not as big a deal for you. I'm used to much more responsive controls in other action games so thus have more issues with them than you would.

On a bigger stage they spread out and you gotta' chase them down. EG: you're wrong.

On a bigger stage they can put more enemies than they could on a small one.

EG: You're wrong.

Because other TVs belong to biased assholes

Words fail me. I guess we'll just leave it at that.

~~~
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jun 26 2008, 04:21 AM
Post #40

Sauce and I didn't beat it in under 20.
Maybe you two are just bad at video games. :/
The controls are clunky, but because you're not used to much better it's not as big a deal for you.
Which makes it odd that you're not bothered by Vesperia since they're even clunkier...
On a bigger stage they can put more enemies than they could on a small one.
This is irrelevant; you still have to chase them all down. It won't be like those times in PM2 where the stage is literally flooded with enemies and you have to hammer them out of the way so you can even see yourself, let alone move or escape.

~~~
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jun 26 2008, 04:30 AM
Post #41

Maybe you two are just bad at video games. :/
Maybe I just like messing around in videogames. :\

Which makes it odd that you're not bothered by Vesperia since they're even clunkier...

I'm bothered, but I think you're being silly because they're not any worse than they were before.

This is irrelevant; you still have to chase them all down. It won't be like those times in PM2 where the stage is literally flooded with enemies and you have to hammer them out of the way so you can even see yourself, let alone move or escape.

If they put more enemies you have to spend less time chasing aside from the one at the end that MIGHT be just goofing off.

I don't see that as a bad tradeoff.

~~~
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jun 26 2008, 04:39 AM
Post #42

Maybe I just like messing around in videogames. :\
That's just silly. Messing around time can't be seriously counted towards total play time.

I'm bothered, but I think you're being silly because they're not any worse than they were before.
No, they're far worse.

If they put more enemies you have to spend less time chasing aside from the one at the end that MIGHT be just goofing off.
Maybe if you just slaughter them without rhyme or reason, but some people like to kill intelligently. Makes them lose less health, waste less time, items and TP/MP/SP, etc.

~~~
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jun 26 2008, 05:15 AM
Post #43

That's just silly. Messing around time can't be seriously counted towards total play time.

Yes it can. That's where half my playtime in any good game comes from, just fucking around.

No, they're far worse.

Not really.

Maybe if you just slaughter them without rhyme or reason, but some people like to kill intelligently. Makes them lose less health, waste less time, items and TP/MP/SP, etc.
Tales games aren't hard enough to warrant caring about that unless you're a perfectionist.

And Free Run makes it piss shit easy to kill things without getting hit anyway.

~~~
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jun 26 2008, 05:20 AM
Post #44

Yes it can.
Not in a discussion regarding play time, except in playing down the amount of time it took... Oh! So you COULD have beat it in twenty hours, easily, you just spent too much time messing around to do so. Okay. That's fine.

Tales games aren't hard enough to warrant caring about that unless you're a perfectionist.
Maybe if you powerlevel. Avoiding most battles, and playing on hard mode from the start, they can be obnoxious, to say the least.

And Free Run makes it piss shit easy to kill things without getting hit anyway.
Not it doesn't. Free run should be removed, in my opinion. It's unnecessary, and in both Vesperia and Abyss, since the camera has to pull out when you activate it, it causes a lag between when you can act and move, which just takes you out of the game entirely.

~~~
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jun 26 2008, 06:17 AM
Post #45

Not in a discussion regarding play time, except in playing down the amount of time it took... Oh! So you COULD have beat it in twenty hours, easily, you just spent too much time messing around to do so. Okay. That's fine.

Ugh, this is dumb. I've beaten Metroid Prime in about 3 hours but that doesn't mean on my first run through it took that long, nor does it mean I could have. I didn't know the mechanics, I didn't know where to go, I didn't know what to do.

Maybe if you powerlevel. Avoiding most battles, and playing on hard mode from the start, they can be obnoxious, to say the least.

No, they're just easy. The only "difficulty" comes from bullshit moves like Javelin that are impossible to dodge and terrible AI.

I don't think I got a single game over in all of Symphonia, and you can bet your ass I never ever grind in rpgs if I can help it.

Not it doesn't. Free run should be removed, in my opinion. It's unnecessary, and in both Vesperia and Abyss, since the camera has to pull out when you activate it, it causes a lag between when you can act and move, which just takes you out of the game entirely.

Are you saying Free Run doesn't make it easy?

This post has been edited by Irysa: Jun 26 2008, 06:19 AM

~~~
+Quote Post

7 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th September 2024 - 07:52 AM