Lacrima Castle
HelpSearchMembersCalendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Battle Technique qusetion, PLEASE NO SPOILERS!
kelia_zephyr
post Jan 13 2007, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Lazy

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 520

I just got the game, thinking that since Riviera was so fun, this game would be too.

But it's HARD! I'm on... chapter 3 I think (where you have to take over the bases) and well... I'm low on morale.

So, does it get any easier? Or are my techniques just bad? I know about the weapon triangle and union stuff, but I can't use the special moves on the cards yet...

Any advice? And please please please no spoilers since I'm not very far in the game yet.

~~~
IPB Image

Gentle winds of hope can stir even the most desolate of hearts...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jan 13 2007, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Can Lead the Nation with a Microphone

Group: Angels
Member No.: 1

That's battlefield four (Guide: BF4-1), not chapter three. Chapter three starts at BF12. BF3 is the one were you saved Durant.
Anyways. The weapon advantages and disadvantages are not the only thing you should be paying attention to. You should also pay attention to units' effects, terrain, time of day, elements, etc. Knowing the weapon's triangle (especially since there are a lot more weapons than those three) will not get you through the game.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
kelia_zephyr
post Jan 13 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Lazy

Okay thanks, I couldn't remember... I'm taking a break and playing through Riviera again.

But I'll try again and look at the terrain... and I know there's more than the three weapon types... I read through the booklet that came with the game and it explained a few things to me... I guess I just have to keep plowing through.

However, starting Ch.4, Milanor (?? the thief) has a little less than half his original moral... should I start over? I already used the fur coat and iron cross (since Durant and Yggdra were hurting for moral)

EDIT: Oh, and another quick thing... why do the opposing armies get more "sneak attacks" in the dark? And against Milanor... I mean, he's a thief! Wouldn't he do better in the dark anyways?

This post has been edited by kelia_zephyr: Jan 13 2007, 08:21 PM

~~~
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jan 13 2007, 08:27 PM
Post #4

Chapter four already? Why, that would be BF19. Interesting.
Look, you need to learn the difference between CHAPTER and BATTLEFIELD.

And there is no "Iron Cross" item, there could be one that looks like it, but I don't know which one that would be.

~~~
Писатель всегда будет в оппозиции к политике, пока сама политика будет в оппозиции к культуре.
+Quote Post
Yuka
post Jan 14 2007, 02:56 AM
Post #5

We'll soak this parched earth with our own blood.

Group: Magi
Member No.: 177

Remember, this is not Fire Emblem. Each battle is not a "Chapter", they're "Battlefield"s. Chapters are series of battles that divide one segment of the game from another.

And, not to be rude or anything, but if by BF4 Milanor is needing Morale just to get through the battle ( i.e. HE IS SO LOW IF HE LOSES ONE MORE SKIRMISH ITS GAME OVER), then that's bad deployment.

~~~
[20:15] Irysa: I hate myself
[20:15] Irysa: I made myself some curry
[20:15] Irysa: and then
[20:15] Irysa: I realised
[20:15] Irysa: I wasn't hungry
+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Jan 14 2007, 06:19 PM
Post #6

Apparent Racist

Member No.: 426

I'd recommend maybe restarting, the game can be a little hard at start. You really shouldn't be having to use any Morale consuming items that early... It's absolutely vital to remember in the early stages to ALWAYS have the weapon triangle in your advantage.

And what do you mean by "sneak attacks"? Only Assassins receive a boost at night time, Milanor only gets a boost on Wasteland terrain.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
kelia_zephyr
post Jan 14 2007, 06:35 PM
Post #7

Lazy

Sorry, I get the difference now... it helps when you actually complete a chapter... and to be fair, I'm more in Riviera mode than Fire Emblem mode...

and yeah, I started over... but I'm also still playing on my file where everyone's morale is a little low...

Looking at the terrain helps tons... so thanks much!

Umm... oh yeah, the sneak attack things... Well, sometimes the enemy attacks me (usually at night) and they kill my leader. I go into a 2 second panic, and then I usually end up losing the skirmish because all my guys are defeated... so I just try not to attack at night now unless I'm using Milanor.

When do I get to use the special skill moves from the cards?? Soon? I'm on BF5 right now. (yeah, I get it now!)

~~~
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Suzu Fujibayashi
post Jan 14 2007, 07:18 PM
Post #8

Apparent Racist

Member No.: 426

Oh that's a critical hit... And I think the chance for a critical hit is based on the enemy LUK so... Your just really, really unlucky I guess?

I think skills are useable in BF... 6? Maybe 7. It's the level where the Undines use Blizzard...

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Yuka
post Jan 14 2007, 09:16 PM
Post #9

You gain the ability to use skills in BF7.

~~~
+Quote Post
kelia_zephyr
post Jan 14 2007, 10:25 PM
Post #10

Lazy

Oh, okay, I'm almost there then! Yeah thanks so much! This game is a lot more fun now!

~~~
IPB Image

+Quote Post
post Jan 15 2007, 07:13 AM
Post #11

Unregistered

Okay let me give you some hints for the beginning. If I'm saying beginning, when I don't mean the third playthrough!

1. Do not union!!! It's so easy to pick a ''useful'' card (anything else than Revolution) and run to a bridge with Durant alone.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

2. Do not ever use such fucking cards like Revolution :-( . Really helpful cards with high movement are Sanctury, Chariot and Gravity Chaos. After you conquered the bridge you can not lose with Ace Guard or Shield Barrier. Overskill and geo advantage is so much win while union causes only morale damage. ;-)

3. To find all treasures you have to move step by step and explore the map with useless cards when the enemy doesn't want to attack.

4. Gulcasa: Always the same. Find a way to curse him with Gravity Chaos. ;-)
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Jan 15 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #12

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

Unfortunately, there's a ton of problems with most of your "hints."

1. Do not union!!! It's so easy to pick a ''useful'' card (anything else than Revolution) and run to a bridge with Durant alone.

Ignoring a key element of the battle system is a horrible idea. First, you'll have to deal with the battle penalty, and then you will find yourself unable to take advantage of it since, you know, you'll only be using one unit. And bridges aren't exactly common.

The spoilers that follow are very minor, but I'm being careful since Kelia specifically asked for no spoilers.

Do not ever use such fucking cards like Revolution :-(

You must have forgotten that Refreshment exists and is the worst card ever. :(

Really helpful cards with high movement are Sanctury, Chariot and Gravity Chaos.

Why would you want cards with high movement if you're not going to be using unions the way they're meant to be used? You'll end up starting with such a low amount of aggression. And it's not like you can rely on earlier clashes in the union, since you... aren't using unions properly.

Overskill and geo advantage is so much win while union causes only morale damage. ;-)

Card skills and geographical advantages don't do anything more than cause morale damage, either, in the end. Well, except for Steal, Item Break, Earthquake, and Medusa Eye. But you're relying on Durant, so those aren't options. How does your comment make any sense? I have surely missed something, so please explain.

3. To find all treasures you have to move step by step and explore the map with useless cards when the enemy doesn't want to attack.

That's a great idea, to waste all of those turns. Well, if you don't care about getting the MVP bonus, anyway.

4. Gulcasa: Always the same. Find a way to curse him with Gravity Chaos. ;-)

False. You must not be very far into the game if you think Gravity Chaos will solve all of your problems with Gulcasa.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Yuka
post Jan 15 2007, 03:53 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(Rhiannon @ Jan 15 2007, 06:15 AM) *

You must have forgotten that Refreshment exists and is the worst card ever. :(

Anyways, like Rhia said, his "hints" are strongly inaccurate and not really worth using.

This post has been edited by Sauce XIV: Jan 15 2007, 03:55 PM

~~~
+Quote Post
Enzd
post Jan 15 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #14

NNNNNYAN

Group: Knights
Member No.: 45

Revolution is -not- a card to be ignored. Use it whenever you can. Really.

~~~
"Where the hell have you been?! Didn't you get my messages?"
"Sorry, I was being raped in prison."
"You shouldn't be out enjoying yourself when you've got work to do."

+Quote Post
Dr Strum
post Jan 15 2007, 04:11 PM
Post #15

I disagree.

~~~
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 10:30 PM