> Top five favourite games of all time, And WHY
MeleMewChew
post Jan 20 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #16

Bitchy Whore

Group: Naughty Children
Member No.: 42

QUOTE (Enzd @ Jan 17 2006, 10:41 PM)
As an unrelated comment, I thought Tactics Advanced's music was its best quality.

he didn't say the quality, he meant the music itself...

All the music (execpt maybe the boss ones...) were too happy...

~~~
GO GO EMO RANGERS YOU MIGHTY MOSHIN' EMO RANGERRRRS!

<MeleMewchew> Bitchy whore bleeding heart emo ranger power!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Rhiannon
post Feb 1 2006, 03:15 AM
Post #17

I'm really moved by the chicken bone

Group: Gods
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (MeleMewChew)
QUOTE (Enzd @ Jan 17 2006, 10:41 PM)
As an unrelated comment, I thought Tactics Advanced's music was its best quality.

he didn't say the quality, he meant the music itself...

He said FFTA's music was its best quality, as in, the music was the best part of the game.

Anyways. My list:
  • Phantom Brave
    I <3 this game. Everything about it. And um... It's Phantom Brave. That's the only reason I need to justify how great it is.
  • Xenosaga Episode I
    I loved this game. A lot. Good graphics, beautiful music, and an interesting story. Plus, it had KOS-MOS and Albedo.
  • Shadow of the Colossus
    Everything about this game is simply beautiful. It took me a bit of time to get used to the controls, but after that there was nothing I didn't like about this game. I still haven't beat it though...
  • Pokemon Emerald
    I COULD have just said any of the "traditional" Pokemon games instead, but I think Pokemon Emerald is probably my favorite of them all. Why? Two words: Battle Frontier. I see no need to explain myself further.
  • Emperor: Battle For Dune
    I honestly don't remember much about this game except that it was a real-time strategy game and I loved playing it. Unfortunately, I can't play it anymore. I miss it, and the sand worms. Even though the sand worms would just eat everything in their way and cause issues for everyone...

Yeah.

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Deadelus
post Feb 8 2006, 11:28 PM
Post #18

Talkative

Group: Arcs
Member No.: 63

Well like this is a forum for riviera thats will be my fist one..........

Second: Star Wars Battlefront II
I just like the graphics.....and the us of the Jedi!!!

Third: Call of duty II
So many shooting..... me likes!

Fourth: Warcraft III, and expansion....

Fifth: Fire emblem

Dont know which one..... the one where Lin appears....

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
fensti
post Feb 10 2006, 09:40 PM
Post #19

Life Waster

Group: Knights
Member No.: 27

Actually, that list I had before, forget that. I can only say that my favorite game of all time is Tales of Symphonia. After that, they pretty much all mash together. I would need to list 10 or 15 games total actually...
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Feb 12 2006, 01:56 PM
Post #20

Towards some blank infinity

Member No.: 65

Final Fantasy VIII/VII

I love them both to bits, don't make me choose. ;_;

Golden Sun : The Lost Age

This game is really great. I love the Djinn system, and the plot is first class.

Kingdom Hearts

Ignore the sometimes childish parts, this game is terriffic. One of the most addictive games I've played

Fire Emblem : Rekka No Ken ( The Blazing Sword )

Worth buying a GBA just to play it. Great fun for ages.

Shenmu ( Dreamcast )

I never got to fully play this RPG, so it doesn't make the top, but from what I did play, it was amazing. Metal Gear Solid and Advance Wars almost got into this spot too.

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post
Chardes
post Feb 12 2006, 02:24 PM
Post #21

Talkative

Member No.: 26

Personally, I didn't think FFVIII was very good.. It was pretty horrendous experience, for me.
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Feb 12 2006, 07:23 PM
Post #22

Yeah, some people just hated it, while other loved it. Its one of those games like that. >.>

~~~
[13:27:43] [Sabator] peter would be the worst batman ever though. "turn on the bat-signal" "right!" *turns on huge foglight, beams an image of striped pantsu into the sky*
+Quote Post
Chardes
post Feb 12 2006, 10:53 PM
Post #23

Talkative

Member No.: 26

I'd still think there's more "FFVIII haters" than "FFVIII lovers".
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Feb 12 2006, 11:00 PM
Post #24

You're probably right there. I still love it though. ^^

~~~
+Quote Post
Deadelus
post Feb 13 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #25

Talkative

Member No.: 63

FFVII is the way to go!!!!!!!

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Irysa
post Jan 21 2008, 09:21 PM
Post #26

lol, huge change.

Silent Hill 2

Mind boggling experience. This was my first Silent Hill game, and I can honestly say, this is one of those games that I feel extremely comfortable with calling art. The story and the way it unfolds is genius, the music is moving and atmospheric, the terror it creates is extremely unique, and the graphics are amazing. I honestly find it difficult to express what I loved about this game, because everything fits together so well.

Valkyrie Profile 2

A recommendation by Rhia, turned out to be one of the best purchases I've made in a very long time. The battle system is extraordinarily distinctive, the platforming/puzzle solving of the dungeons brings back many fond memories of old platformers ( although the difficulty can be frustrating ) and although in some ways, the story is badly paced, the ending is delightfully bittersweet and remorseful. The music as well, by one of my favourite VG composers, ranks very highly. The voice acting and graphics are both superb as well. (LEZARD <3!!!)

I also compliment it for being very streamlined. There is little wasting of time in Towns and the world map discussing irrelevant story hooks, as almost everything important happens inside of dungeons, making it a a throwback to the old school style of dungeon crawling.

Devil May Cry 3

How can I put this. The best hack and slash game ever made? Of course, DMC4 is likely to top that.
The sheer levels of freedom in this game to do what you want with the way you fight is absurd. It is incredibly slick and rewarding to pull off any of the combos, and the variety in how to play is reflected in the many weapons ( which can be swapped on the fly, for massive combos ), multiple styles ( all of which are independent and add their own level of play to the game ), and the insane difficulty level. After beating this game, the feeling of euphoria overcame me, and I can only imagine what it would be like on Dante Must Die mode.

Half Life 2

Holllllyyyy shit. Where to start. Although the story for this game has been oft done before, the cinematic level of presentation in this game is mind boggling. The physics engine ( Source ) is one of the best engineered systems I've seen PC developers ever come up with, as it is incredibly efficient and versatile, and still looks very pretty. The diversity of the levels, ingenuity of the physics, and the unforgettable epic moments ( Strider fights. X_X )...Valve outdid themselves on this series.

Homeworld Cataclysm

A sort of stand alone expansion to Homeworld, a critically acclaimed RTS title, despite not being made by Relic themselves, outdid the sequel and the original. The gameplay has been streamlined down, and more realistic limitations on your fleet size have been imposed. Your Mothership evolves as the story progresses, the ships are all varied and serve many individual and useful purposes. The graphics are incredibly detailed, and it is amazing how enjoyable it is to simply sit and watch your units engage in full scale 3d space battles.
The story and voice acting are absoloutely top notch. Whilst the burning rage against the Taidani that fueled my playthrough of the original Homeworld was not there, The Beast served to make me fear and empathize with the Somtaaw, in their impossible fight against an enemy within themselves. In some ways, it could be called a real time strategy with some influences from the survival horror genre.

Other notable games ( from different series's ) would include Pokemon Silver, Metal Gear Solid 3, Resident Evil 2, Baldur's Gate II, Rayman 2, Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne, Spyro 3, Crash Bandicoot 2, Final Fantasy VIII, Riviera, The Wind Waker, Super Metroid and Deus Ex.

This post has been edited by Irysa: Jan 21 2008, 10:07 PM

~~~
+Quote Post
DustyHaru
post Jan 21 2008, 10:54 PM
Post #27

Check Length

Member No.: 1632

Top 5 games. They're all pretty old
  • Gunstar Heroes - One of the First Games I've ever rememberd playing. It's still one of my favorites and I pull out my Sega Genisis' to play it from time to time.
  • Seiken Densetsu 2/Secret of Mana - One ot the First RPGs I've ever watched/played. I play it at my cousin's when I visit Canada
  • Seiken Densetsu 3 - Yes ROM; I still haven't beat it -__-;
  • Mystical Ninja: Goemon's Great Adventure - Another RPG I have. Even though its a side scroller unlinke its prequel, I still enjoyed it.
  • Super Mario RPG - Another game I play at my cousin's. It just rocks (<3 Geno, GENO LASER!)
-Dusty

This post has been edited by DustyHaru: Jan 22 2008, 12:29 AM
+Quote Post
jcdietz03
post Jan 21 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #28

Time Waster

Group: Flunkies
Member No.: 1609

Xenosaga Episode I
I loved this game. A lot. Good graphics, beautiful music, and an interesting story. Plus, it had KOS-MOS and Albedo.
This sounds good. I'll pick up this one right away!
Shadow of the Colossus
Everything about this game is simply beautiful. It took me a bit of time to get used to the controls, but after that there was nothing I didn't like about this game. I still haven't beat it though...
I actually have a copy of this game and I have never put it in my PS2. I think I'll give it a try tomorrow.
Valkyrie Profile 2...
This sounds good. I think I'll pick up a copy.

My favorites:
FF6 (Cliche)
Chrono Trigger (Cliche)
Tales of Phantasia (ORIGNAL SNES VERSION. The port is terrible, don't get it)
Shining Force 2
Ar tonelico: Melody of Elemia

This post has been edited by jcdietz03: Jan 21 2008, 11:36 PM
+Quote Post
Wally
post Jan 22 2008, 12:49 AM
Post #29

Talkative

Member No.: 47

Stop making us remember members that are gone dead. Anyways...

Heroes of Might and Magic III

In the mid nineties, my older brother introduced me to Heroes of Might and Magic, one of the first strategy games I ever played. I became instantly entranced by the colourful graphics and simple but addictive gameplay. We were always playing hotseat multiplayer together, although I wasn't very good at the time. One day my brother came home and told me that his friend had just gotten Heroes of Might and Magic II, and that he'd be getting a copy of it as soon as possible. I can still remember having trouble falling asleep that night because of my excitement, and then dreaming about Heroes II. Heroes II improved on the original in every way, and we ended up wasting even more time on this one than the original.

Then one day, Heroes of Might and Magic III came into my life. Unlike the previous game, I can't remember how or when it happened, so I can only assume that part of my memory was destroyed from a sheer overload of joy. This game had everything. The sprite graphics were (and still are) gorgeous. The music is beautiful. Eight unique factions, and a huge amount of units. Lengthy campaigns, individual scenarios, and plain old fashioned free-for-all multiplayer maps. The series even has some humour strewn throughout it. If you've ever thought that a turn-based, hotseat multiplayer game would be boring, I'll let you know that you're horribly wrong. The two of us sunk hours and hours into this game, always being surprised by something new and wondrous. Even now, when my brother has graduated college and I've just started, we still manage to find time at family gatherings to fit in a game of Heroes III.

tl;dr BEST GAME EVUR

Half-Life 2

Warcraft III

Advance Wars

Civilization II

I'll write something for the other games tomorrow or something. Oh, and for some of these games, it's not just the game itself, but the experience along with it that made it so great.

This post has been edited by Wally: Jan 22 2008, 12:51 AM
+Quote Post
aerozero
post Jan 22 2008, 01:22 AM
Post #30

Life Waster

Member No.: 363

1. Megaman Legends- Great voice acting, beautiful graphics, a good storyline, I loved MML. It was one of the few games of its time where you were able to go where you want and do what you want as you ran around the island (explore ruins, jump on the roofs, mini games etc.). I was blown away by the gigantic bosses and 3D world, it was epic. Why the hell it didn't catch on, I'll never know.

2. Persona 3- My first Shin Megami Tensei game, everything was done with style (the music, graphics, battle system, art) and I enjoyed the fast pace of the battles, lack of random battles and the dungeon crawling. I had some problems with the AI (I need you to use Dis-charm dammit, don't heal me!), but it didn't really ruin things. The High School aspect and S. Links were interesting as well, though I wish there were more of it.

3. Dystopia- I got tired of downloading a whole bunch of crap whenever I joined a server in CS:S, so I decided to give this Cyberpunk Source Mod a try, and I got hooked. This was the first FPS, I've ever played that required teamwork to complete certain objectives (different in every map), with "deckers" hacking Cyberspace to open locked doors, capture enemy turrets, gas a tunnel, and assist their teammates in "Meat Space". With 3 different classes, 4 exclusive weapons for each class, and various implants to customize your load-out with (my favorite is the Stealth implant for lights), and a Global Player Stats Tracking System, I'm still playing this mod, even though games like TF2 are out.

4. Final Fantasy Tactics- I rented this when I was in Middle School, and I didn't understand what the hell was going on, so I didn't touch until I was a Senior in High School. It replaced IX as my most favorite FF of all time due to Akihiko Yoshida's beautiful art and the well-done story filled with betrayals, stabbings, and awesomeness. The new localization makes it even better.

5. Harvest Moon Back to Nature- There's nothing like going from rags to riches in this farming simulation game.

This post has been edited by aerozero: Jan 22 2008, 01:23 AM

~~~
IPB Image
+Quote Post

4 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 11:13 AM