Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Frisk
post Nov 2 2019, 11:26 PM
Post #2

Determined

Group: Knights
Member No.: 1463

I'm not doing NaNoWriMo because I'm neck deep in my own book at the moment, but I'll talk about my progress and writing method and stuff in the thread through the month.

I started November at about 40k words. As of right now I'm at 42,520, so I've done about 2500 today. I try to write at least three times a week, more depending on cleaning and grocery and laundry obligations for my apartment.

I use to really like writing by hand, then copying it over to computer later. It helped me pick out awkward sentences and served as a first run through of editing, but I've foregone that for the most part now. Partly because before starting the book I'm working on now, all of my writing was fragmented; I'd think of scenes I'd like in the story I was trying to tell, and write them almost like their own little vignette. I've posted a few here on LCN over the years (I have a thread for it; I might update it with a small excerpt from what I'm writing now).

Anyway, now I have everything set down as a single, continuous story. The story itself is non-linear, but it follows a thread, so I like having all of it before me to look back on, and trying to do that in a notebook is just unfeasible to me. God bless writers before word documents and computers.

I try to do about 1k a day at minimum. I know that it would probably help my writing if I was less focused on word count, but having it as a goal post helps keep me on track for writing (it also isn't really a whole lot, so I can knock it out even on days I'm not sure what I want to put down).

For mood/atmosphere, I like to set down with a nice loop of rain and a crackling fire and play some visual novel bgms to help draw me in.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 04:25 AM