Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glitches
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Yggdra Union > Yggdra Game Help
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Strum
I'm posting this thread as a collection of all the glitches (replicable) that we run across in YU.

Glitch: Data Number Glitch (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed.)
When: On loading and saving screen
Description: When loading a game, the last saved data will be highlighted, and the game will misreport it as "Data 1" whether it's Data 1, 2 or 3.
-Pictures:
--Save screen picture (highlighting Data 2): http://drsturm.net/public/yggdra/DataGlitch.PNG
Danger: Little. All that can happen is loading the wrong data and getting spoilers, or accidentally saving on the wrong data.

Glitch: Bonus Damage Glitch (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed.)
When: On Morale Damage screen
Description: When four bonuses are received for morale damage, while listing the bonuses, it will continue listing "HEAD ALIVE" over and over again down the screen, and then, when it moves on to animate the circle emptying, it will become apparent that the game has written "HEAD ALIVE" all over one of the lower layers of the screen as well. The only way this is possible is to get the bonuses: Critical, Head Alive, Equipment, and then one of the card skill bonuses: Item Steal, Item Break, Jihad/Crusade End, Status Damage or Dragon Slay.
Pictures:
-Screenshots:
--Yggdra Random Discussion thread
--English Version Screen
-Video: .h264 format
Danger: None, technically, with no visible side effects from it occurring... At least against a male unit. For the effects of it occurring against a female unit, see the OVER 9000 glitch.

Glitch: Unknown Tactics (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed?)
When: In a clash where an enemy is using an A-Activated skill (Shield Barrier and Banshee's Cry confirmed)
Description: If you go into aggressive (may work with passive, too) mode while the enemy has an A Skill activated, and continue with aggressive when it runs out, your meter will appear yellow (as in neutral mode) and neither aggressive nor passive will be highlighted as the current mode.
Screenshot: You can tell he's in aggressive because he's glowing purple
-Video: HERE
Danger: Probably none, except maybe using an element against someone not weak to them, thinking you're in neutral, but why would you go into aggressive against someone not only strong to your element but using Shield Barrier? Oh well.

Glitch: Mirage Glitch (GBA: Both Versions PSP: Fixed.)
When: In a clash, using Mirage, as well as in the clash outcome screen.
Description: When Mirage is used in battle, and runs out of time, your terrain returns to normal. However, if it's broken (with another skill) the terrain will not return to normal. The terrain will remain swapped.
-Video: Pay attention to the terrain and the GEO bonus
Danger: None. Can even be beneficial unless you want a "pure game."

Glitch: Ishiene's Infinite Pow.Up (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: BF7-1
Description: A glitch occurs with Ishiene's equipment - the Brave Ring - in BF7-1 (she will not have the Brave Ring if you did not get her item in BF5). When Ishiene is low on Morale, the Brave Ring will heal her to full Morale. And for some reason, it will increase her Pow.Up to 255, which is far higher than any other enemy in the game ever has. This glitch can easily abused for extra POW on your cards, and even more so by exploiting restarts, since the 255 will not be halved as part of the restart penalty.
Danger: None, except for making the game painfully easy by giving your cards max POW before the enemies even have 2000 Morale.

Glitch: Time Locked Units (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed?)
When: BF23 and BF8 confirmed for the Japanese version, BF24 confirmed for the American version, potentially others.
Description: There seems to be a problem with turn-based unit appearances/disappearances. In BF23, if you unveil Pamela, but switch to a different part before she can escape and she will not leave the battlefield, ever. A similar situation with Mizer in BF8; if you move onto BF8-2 before he appears (after turn 7) in BF8-1, he will not appear at all. Experimenting on BF24 with the American version, it seems to work, and Pamela actually disappears from the unit list in the menu, but you can still fight her.
Danger: None, or a lot, it depends on the way you play and your views. If you're trying to dodge Mizer encounters (who isn't?) then it can be great. But it can be bad because you'll be missing out on pieces of equipment. Pamela cannot escape, but I can't foresee any problems with that.

Glitch: Teleporting Mystic Witch (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed?)
When: BF24, there maybe a similar issue in 23.
Description: Pamela can teleport. If you are able to see the final flag in BF24, when you reveal Pamela's extension, regardless of whether she is to appear or not, when you open the extension she will first appear directly to the right of the final flag, then, she will disappear, to reappear in the correct place if she is supposed to show up.
-Screenshot: --Japanese Version
Danger: None, just a graphics glitch.

Glitch: Invincible in BF36 (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed?)
When: BF36-2.
Description: If you equip an item with a Mov=Morale Restoration effect onto one of the non-Milanor-or-Elena characters you bring with you, if you try to move Milanor or Elena at Noon or Evening in BF36-2, after they finish explaining that you cannot do that, the character equipped with the item will heal as if they moved.
Danger: None. Helpful, in fact, as you would otherwise be forced to sacrifice a unit. Now you can just keep healing them. Well, if you gave Yggdra the Bloody Sword or something like that, it can cause you to end up with 1 Morale by the end of battle, but that would be your own stupid fault.

Glitch: War Chronicles Freeze (GBA: Both Versions. PSP: Fixed.)
When: War Chronicles section of Extra Contents.
Description: Select a scene to watch. Then cancel with B and start mashing A after you do. There is a precise timing, but it's hard to explain. When you do this, the game will only respond if you press R or B. Essentially frozen.
Danger: I can't see any. This is a pretty ridiculous glitch.

Glitch: Baldus' Preemptive Retreat (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: BF13-1
Description: If you warp in BF13-1 to the spot just above Baldus' Hunter,and kill him in the first turn, you can attack his entire group without reprise. He will retreat when you finish him. The square is removed in the English version.
-Picture:
--The spot: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/ChefM...a%20Union/1.png
Danger: None, quite helpful in fact, as you can get a significant amount of easy EXP for Roswell.

Glitch: Baldus' Return (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: BF13-3
Description: If you killed Baldus with the above glitch, and then reveal Aegina in 13-2, when the situation changesto 13-3, Baldus' troops will reappear. This glitch is not available in the American version, as Baldus' Preemptive Retreat is not exploitable.
Danger: None, I suppose, more EXP is good.

Glitch: BF15 Death Glitch (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed?)
When: BF15, starts in part 1, becomes painful in part 2.
Description: In BF15-1, characters can die. In BF15-2, if you lose a character, you LOSE the battlefield. Since, to win part 2 of the battle, you need to place all four allotted units on the four flags to finish it, it is impossible to finish the map if a character is killed in part 1. However, it will not say so, nor will it end it in part 2 when you are missing a unit or units. In the American version, the requirements are merely that all your units be on the flags, not all the flags be covered.
Danger: Low. You'll have to restart the map, but it's nothing horrible, unless BF15-1 was utter hell for you.

Glitch: 1-MOV Make Doll (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: On card selection screen
Description: When selecting a card, if you have Make Doll, it will be the first one selected. It will also say that Make Doll will bump your total MOV from 0 to 1, even though Make Doll has 11 MOV. Selecting it still claims that your total move will change incorrectly, this time 11 to 1.
-Picture:
--HERE
Danger: None at all. It's just a silly glitch that does nothing but mislead you. It will also be fixed if you highlight a different card, and then move back.

Glitch: Stacking Glitch (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: Anytime there are two or more allied units on the map.
Description: If you press R (switch to next character) and A (move selected character) together quick enough with the cursor over any character, the character the cursor is currently over will be moved (without sacrificing any MOV) on top of the character R switches to. Meaning you can move all the way across the map in a single turn without using any MOV at all. When stacked, however, it will always be the top character that is united against, selected normally, etc.
-Screenshot:
--Floating (Also displays the Nietzsche Flying glitch)
Danger: Most likely none, except landing a unit into an unfriendly situation.

Glitch: OVER 9000!!! (GBA: English version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: Following the four bonus glitch happening against a female unit.
Description: An odd glitch. When the four bonus glitch occurs against a female unit, three cards will have their power messed up; Revolution, Mind Change and Earthquake (note they are all on the same line, perhaps an indicator as to why it happens code-wise). At first their power levels will be glitched graphically, but then the first two will shoot up to 9999, while the latter will drop into the 800s.
-Screenshots:
--Revolution with glitched power - selection
--Revolution with glitched power - status
--Mind Change with glitched power - selection
--Mind Change with glitched power - status
--Earthquake with glitched power - selection
--Earthquake with glitched power - status
-Video: Notice the card power in the clash outcome and back on the map.
Danger: As far as we know, none. But I doubt many people want their games screwed up by two crappy cards and one great one having their power so greatly messed up.

Glitch: Royal March (Bronquia øµ±‹€˜œÃ¥ˆ∂n (GBA: English version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: Sound section of Extra Contents, when being an idiot with the "Royal March (Bronquia Showdown) theme.
Description: Likely due to the songs rather long title, if you continue to select the song "Royal March (Bronquia Showdown)" it will gradually graphically glitch the entire screen. The glitch is accumulative, from the first time you select it, whether you immediately switch to a new song and then come back, a new screen, or even soft reset. When you select it thirty times, the game locks up entirely.
-Screenshot: About twenty clicks
-Video: Sadly without sound
Danger: None, as far as I know, but I haven't tried playing the game following the glitch.

Glitch: Nietzsche Grows Wings (GBA: Japanese version only. PSP: Fixed.)
When: BF31-2.
Description: Nietzsche is technically not the only one that can abuse this, considering the existence of the Mermaid Fin, but if a character with Move Type of Swim goes to the little region of water that Emilia and her Griffon Rider's appear from in BF31-2, when that area disappears in BF31-3, the character will remain there. On a terrain with a 90% defense bonus. Said unit cannot move, but with a little planning it can enter a battle.
-Screenshots:
--Floating (Also displays the Stacking Glitch)
--Engaged in a Clash
--Lost a Clash (Displays Terrain Bonus)
Danger: Very little, if any. Mostly planning problems, but no different than getting stuck in the desert on the other side of the map.

I will be editing this as/if more glitches are found.
ALSO. Guests are allowed to post in this forum, so if you are not inclined to register, you may still help us.
lilcases
I have one.

When you start a mission the game will freeze frequently, the game keeps on doing this even if you turn the game on and off.
Dr Strum
Is it replicable? Or does it happen randomly?
And what are the circumstances? As in, what battlefield, what are you playing on, etc?
lilcases
It happens randomly and the circumstances are you can't go on to the next level.
Dr Strum
No, by circumstances, as I said, I mean, what are you playing it on, is it on any battlefiled in particular?

And an edit for the opening: screenshot of Data glitch
ChefMKT
On battlefield 13, Roswell can defeat Baldus's group without him countering. There's only one space Roswell can get to, which is the space next to the archer. From what I can remember, if you somehow deplete the Archer's morale to zero on the turn you attack, you can freely attack the rest of Baldus's units without him using his turn to attack back. Very strange, but it gives Roswell lots and lots of experience.

The glitch actually occurs after the fog rolls in. If you get spotted by Aegina, the situation will change. Strangely enough, Baldus's group SOMEHOW REAPPEARS.
lilcases
oh...it isn't really on any specific battlefield.
Dr Strum
... What are you playing it on?
lilcases
I'm playing it on my Gameboy Micro.
Rhiannon
THE FENCER DOES NOT APPEAR TO SHOW UP IN THE THIGN THAT SHOWS WHEN YOU LEAVE IT ON THE WHATCHAMACALLIT SCREEN TOO LONG.

The same with Thief, but that's a different story... There's only one character with that class. Kobun. :(
Yuka
On BF27-3, the town will appear at noon until you choose your first card.

Just thought I'd add that to the list.
Dr Strum
That's not a glitch.
That's how the game works with time-effects.
Yuka
I'll be damned if this isn't a glitch.

In BF38, the Valkyries can use Gravity Chaos when they start their own union.
Rhiannon
Well, um. It's not really a glitch. A lot of the enemies ignore Ace for the hell of it. Although sometimes they're able to because of their equipment... but mostly it's them cheating.
Dr Strum
Yes, enemies ignore Ace.
They can't ignore the qualifications, however, such as Bloody Claw only being usable at night.
Dr Strum
Bumping for having a video and better screens for the Bonus Damage glitch, and for the 1-MOV glitch.
Rhiannon
Spoilers for BF23 and also BF24.
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Rhiannon
Just posting which glitches are still in and which aren't. Or at least, the ones I know of so far.

The data number glitch, and that morale recovering equipment/Pow.Up glitch are still there. Baldus' BF13 glitches are all gone, because they just completely removed the square you need from the first part. Also, Doll Craft's little glitch is fixed. I haven't been able to check any of the other ones yet, though.

I'll edit it once I get to BF15 and check if its glitch is still there. I doubt anyone's going to read this before then, anyways. YOU LAME PEOPLE WHO DON'T COME HERE ENOUGH ANYMORE.

OKAY, everything in BF15 is fine now. Like, you can still win the battlefield without all of your characters, so it's okay.
ChefMKT
Dang, I liked that BF13 glitch. =( Makes Baldus a lot easier to deal with the next time you face him.
Dr Strum
Some new glitches, and a pointer on version exploitability.
dystania
Hi,

I would consider this a glitch to some extent. When I retry, I seem to keep my experience and items if the retry is caused by a loss of cards. I know that the items works but I need to verify the experience. This happened on Battle Field 5 for me. I never tried retrying before so I don't know if this works on any other fields . If anyone could verify that would be great.

Thanks,
Phil
Rhiannon
Keeping items when you retry may be a glitch. I've never seen that happen, even though I retried fifty billion times on BF7 to show just how much retrying can be abused. I'll have to test that, I guess. But it's completely normal for your experience to be carried over, as well as card power.
lilcases
*out of no where*

No game freezes on the micro not like the imported version.
Dr Strum
Freezing/crashing issues are not to be posted here unless they are reproducible.
Nevermind. The items aren't being carried over. Sorry. Also, I'm playing on my micro and haven't had it crash once for the 6 hours I've played it. Anyhow, I didn't know the experience and card power was supposed to carry over. Thanks for letting me know. Does retrying hurt your score and are there any negative impacts at all for doing that? Other than the game becoming easier. Thanks for your help though.
Dr Strum
Changes during retry:
  • +Enemies' stats are reduced.
  • -That includes enemies' Pow.Up stat.
  • +EXP and Pow.Up gained are kept.
  • -Items are not.
  • -No MVP.
lilcases
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Nov 24 2006, 06:34 PM) *

Freezing/crashing issues are not to be posted here unless they are reproducible.

Fine, But i will try to find out if their are anymore glitches.
Dr Strum
Update: Bonus damage glitch does exist in English version.
Added a screen for it.
Rune_Ocarina
QUOTE(Rhiannon @ Nov 24 2006, 02:48 PM) *

Keeping items when you retry may be a glitch. I've never seen that happen, even though I retried fifty billion times on BF7 to show just how much retrying can be abused. I'll have to test that, I guess. But it's completely normal for your experience to be carried over, as well as card power.

So you can keep retrying and if you do, all the experience you got from the last fight as well as card power ups you will still keep? Just wanna make sure cause this sounds too good to be true ^^
Hi

I'm currently playing the North American version and I can't seem to get BF7's glitch to work...
-Ishiene has the brave ring equipped

-I've attacked here with Milanor (only) but she doesn't seem to be doing this glitch

-I've brought her to several different moral areas but nothing spectacular happens (she actually eventual just runs out of the normal 120 POW and then dies off slowly)

I've only ever tried to do the glitch in this version because I've played the Japanese one two times trough already and I found out about this glitch so I wanted to try it out on one more play through (power playthrough)

If you could help me in any way, that would help (or does it just not work in NA version)

thanks for any responce
Rhiannon
I've tested it in the English version, and seen her Pow.Up go up from 13ish, so I know it's still there... unless there's a little graphical glitch with Pow.Up that tricked me into thinking it was still working. And I think that's entirely possible, since there was a noticable space between the one and the three.

Anyway, check her Pow.Up after every Union, and keep in mind that the Brave Ring usually recovers morale when it's below half, or at around 1/3 of your total morale. I haven't figured out exactly when it heals yet. But when her morale gets recovered by the Brave Ring, her Pow.Up also should have been raised a bit. If you let her heal with the Brave Ring a couple of times and never see her Pow.Up go up, tell me so that I can go and test it again to make sure there wasn't a different glitch tricking me.
robarmitt
QUOTE(Rune_Ocarina @ Nov 29 2006, 10:28 PM) *

QUOTE(Rhiannon @ Nov 24 2006, 02:48 PM) *

So you can keep retrying and if you do, all the experience you got from the last fight as well as card power ups you will still keep? Just wanna make sure cause this sounds too good to be true ^^

I like to second this, I assume you just run out of cards on purpose? Or is there another way to retry?

Thanks,
Rhiannon
To retry, you just have to lose the battlefield. That means running out of cards, Milanor/Yggdra dying, or whatever the losing conditions are for that battle.

What I did was put Milanor on ice when it was about to melt. Although, if the enemies never got a chance to freeze the water I just wasted all of my cards.
Rune_Ocarina
Sweet, it works. ^^

When you retry you also get 6 Medalions. This is too cool cause frigging levels that have cannons against me always drop me so low...
Dr Strum
Update: Locking units based on parts apparently works in the American version too.
Megafreak
What? really? I thought that was only for the Jp version.....
Mighty Griffon
I think i've found a glitch on the english version. On BF-8 (i think, it's the one with the undine queen), while there is ice, if you let the cursor on an ice square and then end your turn, after choosing a card, the ice square says 80% instead of -10%. This disappears after you move the cursor to a non-ice square.
I didn't paid much attention on this, and right now i don't have images. I'll take some when i replay the game.
Mighty Griffon
I've found another one, with an image this time.
On that BF where you are attacked by Emilia on the first turn.
When they attack, your card seems to be item break (you can't choose). If you have chosen this card at the begin of the BF, it's ok, but if you didn't, something happens...
IPB Image
The card's attack is 0! And it isn't item break! But after you finish that fight, the pow up goes to item break.
Dr Strum
The card that is used at the beginning of BF15 is the last card used in BF14.
And that is likely not a glitch, just a weird way to handle it.
However, there are many glitches involving card POW, that I am, unfortunately, unable to reproduce.
Someone
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Dec 5 2006, 08:11 PM) *

The card that is used at the beginning of BF15 is the last card used in BF14.
And that is likely not a glitch, just a weird way to handle it.
However, there are many glitches involving card POW, that I am, unfortunately, unable to reproduce.

I second this.

I may have submitted a section for this already so i'll just say it here.

I can't even find Pamela in 24. I hit the secret spot on the lower left and the extra panels came but she wasen't there.

Infact she appeared in the panel next to goal 24-3 on a spot you can't even go on? I tried attacking Aegina's Unit ( if you get caught Aegina's unit comes ) to see if she'd be added to the enemie's union.

Nothing.

Help please?
Seve
Not sure about your glitch, Someone, since I went right through that battlefield (going back for my next playthough of course XD) so I can't help ya yet.

Here's a weird thing, I don't quite remember which BF it was, but it was one where after you won you were given your cards back after something happened and you had to continue with the cards you had. What happened was, at the card select screen, there was just empty space, none of the cards were there (and I know I had one or two left), not even blank ones that had been used. After a couple tries it went away, but I thought I'd point it out since there's a thread for it and all.
Guest_Someone_tseuG
QUOTE(Seve @ Dec 7 2006, 04:12 AM) *

Not sure about your glitch, Someone, since I went right through that battlefield (going back for my next playthough of course XD) so I can't help ya yet.

Here's a weird thing, I don't quite remember which BF it was, but it was one where after you won you were given your cards back after something happened and you had to continue with the cards you had. What happened was, at the card select screen, there was just empty space, none of the cards were there (and I know I had one or two left), not even blank ones that had been used. After a couple tries it went away, but I thought I'd point it out since there's a thread for it and all.

If I can't get it to work should I submit a video of the glitch occuring?
Dr Strum
No.
Dr Strum
Confirmed the Pamela glitch is in both the Japanese and American versions, and, of course, that it's replicable.
Mighty Griffon
Another glitch that i've found on BF15.
Before you kill the 3 witches, if you try to attack the 2 knights at the left, they are invencible.
You may wipe out 2 units of the first knight, but you can't kill the head.
I've tried to use Milanor and after the 1st strike and counter the battle was 6-1 ^^ , i was always on the offensive and the result ... 0-1.

After you kill the witches the knights are defeatable.

How can this happen?

EDIT: If they want to block the way they could simply erase the squares leading to Leon.
Dr Strum
Because the battle conditions stipulate it. The knights are supposed to be invincible until you've taken the Cannon.
Psycho
I came across a glitch though I don't know how feasible it would be to replicate it.

I forgot the exact stage but its when you fight Russell during the Rose arc. Most likely the first fight with him. If you critical him on your initial charge than use the Steal skill on him. The entire game will crash, it just freezes just before it displays the item stolen. In the game I was playing at the time it would work repeatedly as long Milanor criticaled on him but don't know if its just mine that is glitched.

Dr Strum
What are you playing it on?
Psycho
Emulator.
Rhiannon
Okay, four glitches to post about. First, spoilers for BF36.

Spoilers for BF31:

This next glitch is only in the Japanese version. You know how pressing R moves the cursor to a different character? Try putting your cursor over a character and pressing both R and A at the same time. Your character sort of jumps over there, goes through any obstacles, takes no MOV, and best of all, they end up on top of your character. This screenshot did the little "Sky Battle" glitch above to get Nietzsche up there, and then the R+A glitch to move Yggdra on top of Nietzsche.
IPB Image

And uh, this one probably isn't replicable, but I REALLY want post about it. :( Spoilers for BF18:

Oh, and I should add that I didn't find out about the Sky Battle, R+A, or infinite moralestuff glitches. Whoever added them to the OTHER Japanese Wiki did. I just tested it and got pictures for you guys and provided information in English.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.