Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arrange soundtrack or in-game music?
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Riviera
P.P.A.
I prefer the arrange soundtrack. It sounds a lot better and there are only a few tracks that are worse than in the game.
What do you think?
Dr Strum
Arrange, definitely. I believe there are only two songs that sound better as the GBA versions.
Tonfa
Grim Angels and Yggdrasil?

Anyway, what Sturm said.
Enzd
Arranged Soundtrack.
Greifer
Arranged, hands down! sounds a lot better.
Dr Strum
QUOTE (Tonfa @ May 23 2006, 02:53 PM)
Grim Angels and Yggdrasil?

No. Grim Angels is a failure song no matter which version you hear.
Yggdrasil... I don't remember how the GBA version goes.
But both the songs I am talking about have GBA versions on the Arrange soundtrack.
Nanashi
I thought Grim Angels was pretty well done myself...the arrange album is pretty good though...I'm not sure if any tracks are worse than their GBA counterparts...
Malice
I can't really listen to music when I keep on pressing the frame skip thingy on VBA. :<
Shadow
This stupid thing makes my ROMs go slow all the time... The Sound is creepy because of that, so I always play in mute -o-
Liger
I like the arrange soundtrack.
ChefMKT
Arranged Soundtrack definitely. In my opinion, I prefer Showdown with Hector and Final Battle as their GBA versions. >_>;
P.P.A.
I changed my opinion. Every song is better than in the game.
But I´ve got a question: What´s the name of song no.20 in the GBA sound test? I unlocked every song, but none of them sounds like no.20 in the arrange soundtrack.(But that´s good-it´s a pain in the ears!)
ChefMKT
Accursed Combat...?
P.P.A.
No. Accursed Combat is no. 19 in the arrange soundtrack...
(I wish I could read Japanese...)
chilly
It's two Showdown with Hector themes on the arrange soundtrack, no. 20 and no. 38, the GBA version.
ChefMKT
What´s the name of song no.20 in the GBA sound test?

Accursed Combat is number 20 in the GBA soundtest. In the Arranged Soundtrack it would be Showdown With Hector, and as I stated before, the GBA version sounds a lot better. In my opinion anyway.
P.P.A.
QUOTE (ChefMKT @ Jun 5 2006, 07:14 AM)
In the Arranged Soundtrack it would be Showdown With Hector, and as I stated before, the GBA version sounds a lot better. In my opinion anyway.

Yes, this is what I meant. Sorry for writing so confusing...
And I agree with the GBA version of this song sounding a lot better. You can´t even recognize the arrange version being the same song as on the GBA.

How does the WSC versions of the soundtrack sound? Like on the GBA or worse?
ChefMKT
Well, let's say it's more worse quality wise. As expected, the music is "midified" in a sense, if you know what I mean. It's kinda hard to explain. "More beepy." As someone pointed out before in the channel. >_>;
Raijinili
What's wrong with beepy?
ChefMKT
Nothing is wrong with beepy. Brings me back to the good ol' days of midified music. XD
Dr Strum
Except... OH YEAH!
Midified music is crap.
inabikari c!!
umm new here!!..... could(mor like would)ne one tell me where i could download this from (the arrange soundtrack), been lookin all over and still cant find it, or separate songs...
Dark Tempest
Hmmm... Unless I get to listen to all of the Arranged Soundtracks, the only track I can rave about in the GBA version is that of the Fierce Battle (e.g. vs Fool, Sage, Boulder Dragon, etc.).
Xephyr
The Perfect Audio Collection Plus, which includes the arranged (PSP), GBA, and WSC soundtracks, can be found here:

HEY RHIA EDITED THIS POST AND KILLED ALL OF THESE LINKS BECAUSE WE'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO LINK TO THINGS LIKE THAT. PUBLICALLY.

Anyways, I prefer the arranged soundtrack. However, the standard battle music could have had a little more power in the first "chorus", like the second part. Does anyone agree?
GoldenTalesGeek
Arranged soundtrack. It just sounds so cool. Plus, it adds a real depth to it that the in-game music comes close to, but ultimately doesn't achieve.
spooface73
I notice that a lot of Japanese games have an original soundtrack album and an arrange album and now also a drama album. If you can only choose one or the other, which one do you pick?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.