Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heart of Malice
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Fiction
S. S. Wilkins
~~~~~Heart of Malice
------By S. S. Wilkins

There he is... him and... Ledah? And that damn cat too. Why can't I...?
"No," Malice said aloud.
She could remember Hector's instructions as clearly as though he was reciting them to her once more: "You are not to make contact with him. Operate alone, and await further instructions."
Malice blinked. Oh, they've already moved on... I better go too.
She rose up, wings moving silently, and flew in the shadows, stalking them.

... It's Ein. Why does he want to fight me? How can he betray me for that little girl?
Malice danced away neatly, as Eihenjar cut through the air. She brought up her own Diviner, but hesitated. Ein and three girls(!?), surrounded her. Malice could feel overwhelming sadness rising in her, already touched with anger.
No... I-I can't... Not Ein...
"You're lucky, I'll let you live for now" Malice said coldly.
And with that, she propelled herself into the air, and fled from them.

"No... No, Ein couldn't, he would-"
"He did." It was Hector, dark and forbidding as ever, towering over her slumped form.
Malice sobbed even harder. "Bu-"
Hector put his hand on her head. "Can you imagine what he's doing now with those girls? I can tell you," he said softly to her, and bent down to whisper to her. "And, can you blame him? Who wouldn't exchange you for three, nice, smiling, pretty girls?"
Malice let out an anguished cry. "I'll kill him!" she screamed. "Just tell me where he is, and I'll make sure he never interferes with the Retribution!"
"Now, now," Hector said, stroking her hair. "That time will come soon, but first..."
You'll betray me again, Ein.

How can you look me in the face after all you've done, Ein?
"Your journey ends here," Malice said coldly, moving to block the path. "Turn back or die."
I already heard everything I needed to confirm what Hector said... Really Ein, in a public bathing pool too? How could you? Why didn't you ever want to make me shriek like that?
Ein hesitated. "I'll do whatever I have to," he said firmly.
Then get ready to die.
Malice struck out quickly with her Diviner, trying to catch him off guard, and finish him before the other girls had a chance to interfere, but he was able to block it with Eihenjar. Already, she could feel herself being surrounded.
I won't back out this time. You die here.

"DISARESTA!"

"Ugh..."
No... I can't lose...
"I-I..." Malice choked, and spat out blood. She was laying on the ground, holding her stomach, and Ein was holding onto her, cradling her. "Why are you still with me? Why don't you go back to all those little girls? You know you want to," Malice said spitefully.
"Is that why you're so angry?" Ein asked softly. "We're only friends. They're helping me."
Malice glared, and tried to wipe the blood off her chin. "Only friends!? Everyone knows about those bathing pool 'incidents'!"
It hurts...
"Those were accidents, I swear. I didn't do anything." Ein protested. "You should trust me, Malice."
"...Really?" Ein nodded, and Malice smiled at him. I knew you loved me... Dipping into her last reserves of strength, Malice pulled herself up, and kissed him softly on the mouth.
"Ewwwww, look at them. Ein's a pervert." It was one of the girls, the orange-haired one.
Malice growled. "I'm going to kill her. Kissing me is not perverted." She tried to lunge at her, but Ein held her back.
"Try not to overexert. You're hurt remember?"
So true... I can't hold on anymore, Ein... I'm sorry...
Her eyes were already clouding over, but Malice managed a small smile. "Tell them you love me, and only me..."
By the time Ein responded, Malice was too far away to hear.

//////////////////
So yeah... It's pretty short compared to the other fanfics around since I'm not a big action writer.

Any comments would be nice.

And... GO MALICE!!!
lilcases
Very good. And it is very interesting
Megaolix
Err... Isn't it four girls instead?

But it's nice.
Dr Strum
You only have three of the girls in Lacrima.
ChefMKT
;-; Damn you Hector! Damn you to hell! *Stabs with a rusty knife*

Megaolix, I think he was refering to the battle where they first met Malice at Lacrima Castle.

It was nice, but some of the italic use was a bit off @.@ I got confused here and there.
Megaolix
Oops, my bad.
Greifer
that was very interesting, i never thought someone would write one with EinxMalice pairing. it was well written, i give it a 9/10
ChefMKT
*points at Feral* She's doing one right now actually. XD
Rhiannon
It's not bad. Not bad at all. But I think it needs a little more work. I know you said you're not really an action scene writer, but try to describe at least just a bit of what's going on. It could help make it longer, too. So would some more descriptions of their surroundings and such.

And now I have to be annoying.
"Now, now," Hector said, stroking her hair. "That time will come soon, but first..........."

Ellipses should only be three periods. Yes, I'm very annoying to mention something as small as this.

Anyway. Nice job. As I said, more work would make it even better.
S. S. Wilkins
QUOTE (ChefMKT @ May 12 2006, 01:19 PM)
;-; Damn you Hector! Damn you to hell! *Stabs with a rusty knife*

Megaolix, I think he was refering to the battle where they first met Malice at Lacrima Castle.

It was nice, but some of the italic use was a bit off @.@ I got confused here and there.

What was wrong with the italic use? I thought italics were mainly for the thoughts of a character. Since the whole thing was from Malice's point of view, I didn't see the point of adding, "Malice thought", to everything.

And yeah... I'll change the ellipses thing. I'd describe the surroundings, but I can't actually remember them... I don't have my Riviera game with me so most of the writing is based on what I can
remember.

And now, for a drastic change of subject...

Serenity Alive
By S. S. Wilkins

Who could have done this?
Serene shivered as another gust of the cool, night air came in through the broken window. She knelt down over the bodies of her family, horrendous wounds etched across their still flesh.
"Hey, hey, little girlie." The voice was cold, cruel, and... feminine?
Serene stood slowly, lifting her scythe. "Who's there?" she said, looking around the room.
Out of the shadows, a shape approached her.
A demon?
The demon strode forward calmly. She was beautiful, with long, blonde hair and large black wings. The strange rod she carried in her left hand let off a faint blue light. "Are you the only survivor?" she asked.
It almost looks like a spear of some sort...
"Yes..." Serene answered softly. She studied the glowing rod.
It is a weapon of some sort... Wait... what's that red on it? Is it... blood?
Serene stared at the woman in horror. "It was you! You killed my family!" she accused angrily.
"Yes." She smiled cruelly. "Your family?" A look of pity crossed her face, but vanished quickly. "And you're next," she said savagely. The woman raised the glowing weapon and struck at Serene.
Serene dodged out of the way, and returned a blow with her black scythe. The woman was fast, much faster than Serene thought possible. The glowing weapon was dancing in her hands, striking faster and faster.
I'm not even close to good enough to fight her....
The glowing weapon edged ever closer and forced Serene against the broken windows.
"What a pity. I expected better," the woman said coldly. "Your mother certainly fought well. It's too bad she never passed her teachings on to you."
Father...
Serene snarled at her. The woman smiled. "At least you've got fight in you."
Mother...
The woman raised her weapon. It was glowing brighter than ever before.
Brothers, sisters....
Serene gave a tremendous heave, and threw herself out the window, still holding onto her scythe.
I'm sorry....
The cruel laugh erupting from above her was far colder than the night air. "You won't escape me that easily, little girl! Come back and play!"
I will avenge you... someday...

Serene sat up in her bed, and brushed the tears off her face. She looked up at the stairs. At where she knew she was.
"What's wrong Serene?" It was Fia.
How can Ein like being with that woman?
"Why did you help her, Fia?" Serene said bluntly. "You should have left her to die."
Fia frowned. "I gave my life to the healing arts. I can't just ignore someone in need!"
Serene growled, but didn't respond.
"You shouldn't be so hateful, Serene. How can you justify yourself if you use the tools of your enemy? And... I really think that she's changed."
"How can you know that? She hasn't even opened her eyes since she was wounded." Serene protested. "What if, she's just faking sickness and biding her time, and intends to kill us all!?"
Fia shook her head slowly. "Sometimes... you just have to believe." She turned away quietly.
What am I supposed to think now...? What am I supposed to do?

///////////

Why isn't that in it's own thread? I figured it'd be okay to keep it in the same thread since it's a continuation of Heart of Malice.
ChefMKT
Hmm...When I first read it, I could've sworn I saw a whole paragraph italicised. It could've been my eyes playing tricks on me since I was reading it at around 2 am. Anyway, good job on the second one. =O
Dr Strum
He messed up his tags, I fixed it for him.
Hmm... I just realized something...
ChefMKT
Oh, ok. I thought that I was going crazy for a minute. >_>
Megaolix
Mmmm... Let's see...

That second one is interesting. I don't recall reading something about that part, so it got my attention.

But it could be a little longer.
S. S. Wilkins
QUOTE (Dr Sturm @ May 14 2006, 12:58 AM)
He messed up his tags, I fixed it for him.
Hmm... I just realized something...

Cool, I was saved by Sturm...

Anyway... I decided I'm not going to continue this work...

I'm going to start something another fanfic that is a lot bigger and more open for my own creativity.

For those of you that don't mind spoilers...
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Greifer
so um...if he doesn't disappear, how is he supposed to save Riviera or even meet the girls?
S. S. Wilkins

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
Greifer
so it instead of having the other girls swooning over Ein, you have Malice there to make up for four girls and on top of that, they are gonna activate the Retribution? well, it will be interesting to say the least...i look forward to it!
Feral Phoenix
Nice avatar you're using there XD

*is bludgeoned*

You spell it "berserk", but the R doesn't get pronounced, so people leave it out sometimes. Don't worry about it too much.

Interesting fragments so far... but it'll be neat to see you working on something bigger.
valkan
Read it before, sorry I haven't said anything till now. Very good.

I like the AU idea you have. I see great things in this idea!
Swiyth
the word "Malice" is like a giant magnet to me. but anyways, i read the Malice one. so melodramatic, though short :\

well, good writing, though the fighting scenes could have been elaborated.
Swifty-chan
*whistles* Malice/Ein... Somehow, I can't really imagine this pairing. Yet, it was easier for me to imagine Ledah/Malice. *shakes head* My mind's weird~ 'XD

Anyway, the idea is nice. I'd be looking forward to the next installation. Will Ein actually end up with Malice~? *gaspeth!*

*cough* I've actually read it weeks ago but I've forgotten to drop a comment here.
MaeL
Oh..No Brother...Guess a Malice Fanboy is Here..

WeLL

Im Starting Fanfics at Fanfiction.net or .com?..i dont care anyways

It has 6 Chapters Now..More Like..The Freshmen Starts and it ends so Miserably

Again All the Characters are there..and even hector..and my Created characters

of Course Malice and MAeL...was also There

im New at fanfic but..i have my 300page notebook filled with fanfics..so

all will be written by the Next Month and

im Planing to stop the Extension of My Own Rviera High School

Much Funnier..More Sarcastic romantic

So Thanks Lacrima Castle for Inspiring me

Now..*MAe gets back To Work and Snobs at his Teacher*

Writting..

Dr Sturm can i Post my Fanfic about Malicians..and all about malice X Mael
and Mael x Malice in Here?..Since i found this fansite..im going jappoooji..if whatever that means..im a Malice Fanboy ..Uops..No a Malice admirer..hahaa..

So Log in And See whats Boiling

Leyviur
No self insertion fanfics are allowed.
I'd like to think we have more integrity than fangaydom.net.
Megaolix
QUOTE (Leyviur @ Jun 21 2006, 05:37 AM)
No self insertion fanfics are allowed.
I'd like to think we have more integrity than fangaydom.net.

I know that some rules are stupid and some fics should just die, but there's still some great stuff at fanfiction.net... Not everyone is in the same boat.
¤₪ĂЙÐЯĔÃ…₪¤
I've read the first one...Malice and Ein, 2 words...good idea! xD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.