Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favourite Browser?
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Computeralogical Stuff
Rhiannon
Which web browser do you prefer?

I prefer Opera. It seems to be faster than most other browsers, and is apparently the most secure one out there.
Dr Strum
Go firefox.
I wish Safari had the features firefox does...
Rosetta
What, no Konqueror option? aww =( But besides Konqueror, I like Firefox quite well.
Rhiannon
Well, that's why there's an "Other" option.
Dr Strum
Should have been KHTML instead of Safari.
KHTML runs Safari, Konquerer, and a few others I believe...
valkan
Okay I wasn't gonna say anything earlier:

WHY are you using the backwards European spelling of 'favorite'?
Rosetta
Well, I live in Canada, and that's how it's spelt here too.. maybe Rhia is in Canada too?
Dr Strum
You do know, that most English speaking people in the US, are of European decent, and thus it is the US that has the perverse spelling?
Malice
Firefox~
Rhiannon
QUOTE (valkan)
WHY are you using the backwards European spelling of 'favorite'?

I don't know what you mean by backwards, but whatever. I just spelled it that way by reflex.
Rosetta
Anyways, back on topic, I heard there's a Win32 version of a KHTML browser on SF.net being worked on. I wonder how that'll turn out.
Swifty-chan
Yeaah, Firefox rulez~ XD
forsakensmile
Firefox, I'm using. But security problems are pervading so thinking of a change.
Swifty-chan
Eh? What security problems? I thought Firefox is safe? 0_0
forsakensmile
Hardly. Because of its not-so-newfound popularity, more and more spyware are finding their way past Firefox's security.
Rosetta
I have an adblock list that gets rid of pretty much every single ad on the internet. Haven't got a single thing of spyware for..5 months now.
Leyviur
I use Firefox for tabbed browsing. Its frequent memory leaks piss me off though.
Rosetta
Yeah.. 1.5 is especially bad for memory leaks. I use 1.0.7 still, myself.
regruBgniK
IE all the way home dawgz.

~regruBgniK
Rosetta
But, IE doesn't render the latest advances in CSS and XHTML at all, and people have to spend extra time and money to make their pages IE compatible, which also slows the site down.. down with IE!
Vixen1977
I use IE6 SP2 with extra spyware blockers... spywareblaster I can recommend.

I'm looking forward to IE7 in 2006 because apart from the RSS/blog feeds now built in, it's apparently going to "borrow" a lot of the better firefox features like tabbed browsing (which is hella cool).

Should be good but with a lot of those "design features" (i.e. bugs)
Raijinili
I use Firefox 1.0.4 because 1.0.6's middle mouse click doesn't work right.
Dr Strum
Works fine for me on 1.5
Raijinili
I'll have to try it sometime, then.
Marionette
Firefox, I'm just a tab browsing HO. I can't survive without tab browsing, I need it for finding hot doujinshi and right clicking and right clicking and right clicking. XD
Leyviur
Hot doujinshi? Like... REALLY hot doujinshi? THAT kind?
Marionette
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/mik...a/xmasbling.jpg

<__< I killed the page.
Rosetta
If there was a Win32 KHTML browser, I would use it.
valkan
QUOTE (Marionette @ Dec 25 2005, 05:03 PM)
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/mik...a/xmasbling.jpg

<__< I killed the page.

IS THAT A BLACK VIDEO IPOD I SEE?
blues
I used firefox for 30 minutes, then I uninstalled it. I couldn't configure the thing to use my mouse wheel.
Rosetta
Then what do you use, Blues 3?
blues
Good old IE. Hey Kohaku, your avator makes me think that you are happy all the time.
Rosetta
I'd personally recommend not using IE.. it's pretty unsfae to use, and it doesn't work with newer websites =/
blues
But it has pop up blocker (yes I know, everyone else has one too). How is it unsafe?
Dr Strum
ActiveX
Raijinili
Basically, IE allows the websites to do things like install stuff without even letting you know or checking if the installed thing is safe.
blues
Oh I see. I thought I heard fire fox wasn't "safe" either. I could be mistaken.
Raijinili
Lies perpetrated by the Microsoft Media Player.
blues
Hmm the media player...she lies?
Takeru-kun
FireFox owns.
fensti
Internet Explorer. All I have ever used.
Rosetta
www.stopie.com >_>
blues
No netscaper's huh?
Raijinili
Firefox is like the next generation for Netscape, so it pretty much makes it obsolete.
blues
I've never used netscape so I wouldn't know.
Liger
I like Firefox... although some HTML doesn't look right in it... or maybe my FF version is just old and stupid...
Swiyth
i voted for FireFox, too. cause its quicker and blocks pop ups better than stupid retarded IE.
Rosetta
QUOTE (Liger @ Dec 29 2005, 02:15 PM)
I like Firefox... although some HTML doesn't look right in it... or maybe my FF version is just old and stupid...

If anything, it's the website's problem, not the browser. IE and some other browsers do things differently, and are IE-only, or whatever. IE uses a more than 5 year old rendering engine that's really outdated, and while it does slow down web development significantly, many sites make things IE compatible only, so some of the IE code won't show up in other browsers quite the same. Unfortunately, people use the "IE trick" in arguments to say that FF, Opera, etc aren't standards compliant because their website won't display properly on their IE-only code, in an attempt to get more people to use IE, and stop using browsers that are actually better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.