Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Makai Senki Disgaea
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Entertainment - Other Forms > Anime and Manga
chrishawke
The PS2 game gets the anime treatment.
Information on the anime itself can be found here or here.

Discuss.

*The first English subbed episode is out. You can find it through BT in places like animesuki.*
Dr Strum
Dammit, when did it come out?
I've been monitoring a few sites for a while now and never saw it...
chrishawke
Seems it was added today at 5 AM or something.
Tonfa
Looks like the plot is going to be variated quite a bit from the game's. That said, the art could be better, and the first episode was boring. (To be fair: most first episodes are.) Meh, I'll give it a few second chances.
Swifty-chan
OMG, it's out already!?!?

*runs off to download*
Leyviur
The anime sucked.

They introduced too many characters in too short a time span, the animation is horrid, the fight scenes were bad, and the only thing worth anything in the entire episode was Flonne, who was adorable.

It blows.
Dr Strum
Yes, Flonne was good.
How lazy though. Those two demons that attack Laharl don't even move their mouths to talk. They just open it and sounds come out.
valkan
I really gotta give Geneon credit for this.

They have sunken below 4-kids.
Marionette
Sad Faced Mari :(
Liger
Flonne was adorable, but the first episode was kinda.. eh.
Dr Strum
Vyers better not suck.
I will hate Geneon forever if he does.
Tonfa
SECONDED.

*prepares torches*
Megaolix
I just watched the fist episode, subbed.

I really can't give an opinion on the first episode. So I'll wait for the next before giving my opinion.
valkan
The second episode is out.....

I'm afraid to watch it.
Megaolix
Just saw the subbed version of it.

It's good. It's not that great, but it's not crap either.

Now, what it really need is a good fight.
Dr Strum
I finally got up the courage to watch the second episode.

Hate hate hate Geneon.
chrishawke
I am disappointed.
Megaolix
New translated episode up.

Nothing that is much new. So far, it can't be THAT bad, right?
Marionette
Lack of plot (why Disgaea? Just because its popular doesn't mean it'll make a good anime. Its plot was pretty damn bad. Phantom Brave atleast had a coherent one.) and terrible animation for only a 13 episode series, its saddening.
Megaolix
Hmmm? I just watched episode 5, and there's a new character who joined the group:

She's...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

I wonder what will happen next... Sure, it's not the best anime, but I still want to watch it until the end.
Megaolix
Well, I didn't wanted to double-post, but I really want to comment on it now that it's over...

In all, 12 episodes... And only one good. That one is the 11th, the red moon one.

The rest is just... bleh

And...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

So, except episode 11, the anime is crap.
Dr Strum
Hearing about them not using a crappy ending makes me want to watch the series.
Marionette
Prinny Ending is retarded because it falls under absolute WTFery. Since Disgaea 2 and all other games by Nippon Ichi specifically follow the good ending.

Still, it sucked. Maybe it'll be enjoyable dubbed.
Dr Strum
No, Prinny ending is awesome because it continues the Disgaea tradition of ridiculousness.
Disgaea 2 fails for going off the "good" ending.
Leyviur
No, Disgaea 2 fails for being a shitty game, period.
Megaolix
QUOTE (Leyviur @ Jul 19 2006, 12:33 PM)
No, Disgaea 2 fails for being a shitty game, period.

And... why is it shitty? others people seem to like it.
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
yeah, i loved it. But thats just me>__>
aerozero
I've never played any of the games before, but I watched a couple episodes of the anime, and I liked it.
well since all of the negitive feed back from the others, i may look into it on YouTube or something.

and the games are pretty good
Swifty-chan
I just saw the last episode of the anime today. It's a disappointment to me, but the Red Moon episode's quite decent... and we get to see a gentle and patient Laharl in Episode 7! XD
Now that right there make me not want to see it>_> Laharl never should have a soft side, NEVER >.<
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.