Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fullscreen vs Widescreen
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Computeralogical Stuff
chilly
I don't really know...
Dr Strum
GO WIDESCREEN
I have a fullscreen TV, and just can't watch movies on it. At least my laptop is widescreen.

Although, this really doesn't need to be in Spam.
regruBgniK
Fullscreen! Widescreen sux, it makes the screen so stupid looking. ;_;

~regruBgniK
ChefMKT
Well, I can't say widescreen cause I don't have any widescreens in my house. >_>;
blues
I have both tv's. I prefer full screen. Widescreen..stretches, or I have to configure stuff -_-.
fensti
Wide screen for me. I love the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.
Tonfa
QUOTE (fensti @ Apr 10 2006, 02:35 PM)
Wide screen for me. I love the black bars at the top and bottom of the screen.

... ...

Just how?

Anyway, anything without those awful black bars in it.

Dr Strum
I don't understand how you can LIKE the black bars. That's why I have to watch movies on my computer, otherwise the movies have those damn black bars.
fensti
I guess its because I'm weird, or that this topic is in the spam section...
Liger
it makes no difference to me, just as long as it's watchable, I don't complain.
Yourself
I prefer widescreen; which, to me, has the best quality. Fullscreen, everything is stretched to fit the screen, which screws the image.
Endless
Widescreen all the way. I don't find have to configure settings to get the image right, but I hate missing things that get cut off in Fullscreen. Plus, I've found that if you're watching something in Letterbox and just focus on what you're watching, you forget all about those black bars. Maybe that's just me though...
Deadelus
Wide screen!!!

For the reasons the last poster said.
Swiyth
widescreen for me.

mainly cause there's this....mentality in me going on cause i play games too much. when something hits wide screen, its gonna be something special.

besides, widescreen looks more classy-ish.
Malice
Widescreen for some reason. I think I like the sound of it better.
Enzd
I think Widescreen insceases the quality of the movie. I have no idea why =|
Greifer
Widescreen...well, just looks better.
Nanashi
Depends. For Emulation, I don't like the PSP because it uses widescreen and to get it to any lookable size I have to fit it to the screen and it makes it look like garbage. For video, hellz yeah I love widescreen!
Leyviur
QUOTE (Enzd @ Jun 10 2006, 01:55 AM)

It doesn't. The reason you think so is because movies are often done in widescreen format, and if they're put onto fullscreen, they get scrunched up and have strange dimensions, so they look ugly as hell.

I love widescreen though. But I still need a fullscreen around just in case.
Nanashi
QUOTE (Leyviur @ Jun 27 2006, 04:17 AM)
QUOTE (Enzd @ Jun 10 2006, 01:55 AM)

It doesn't. The reason you think so is because movies are often done in widescreen format, and if they're put onto fullscreen, they get scrunched up and have strange dimensions, so they look ugly as hell.

I love widescreen though. But I still need a fullscreen around just in case.

Have to agree on this point. Widescreen is awesome. But alot of things are still meant for fullscreen, so it's nice to have one around.
Raijinili
Widescreen causes the edges of movie to become cut off.
Dr Strum
What? How?
Carnivorous Sheep
Widescreen...Full is screen is crap and you can't even put on subtitles without ruining the movie...
Irysa
Depends on what you run.

On average, WS > FS
Nanashi
http://www.monroeworld.com/dvd/screens.php

Here's an article explaining why widescreen is better for movies.
paperweight
Hurray for widescreen! It is so much better than fullscreen. The little black bars say "quality!" Haha... Well you just get the whole movie with widescreen. I would hate to miss so much of each scene in a good movie.
Nanashi
Yes, the problem with fullscreen is the lack of choice. Someone sits there and uses pan and scan to decide which parts of the picture you should see. If you want to, you can get a widescreen DVD and use the Zoom function to achieve the same effect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.