Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A Little Group Project
Lacrima Castle > Other Stuff > Miscellaneous
chrishawke
Just throwing this one out, as my summer break is coming soon.

Anyone interested in the written translating scene (from Japanese to English)? To be specific, I'm looking for a translation checker and an editor of the sorts. Experience not necessary, but welcomed. One person can fulfill both roles, but two is ideal. Any more than two, I'll have to think up of some random role for them.

The point of this project is to merely get some practice with the Japanese writing; this will be an amateur translation effort, designed just to understand how the written language works a bit better.

I'll post up more details if I get some volunteers, or if someone want to know more about this project, feel free to ask.
Dr Strum
Down.
Raij|Away
I think I can be useful if I get interested.
chrishawke
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ May 9 2010, 03:46 PM) *

Down.

"Down," as in, you want in?

I'm done with my finals, I'll get this thing started in about a day or two.
chrishawke
I LIED

In need of materials to translate. I have a page from a Japanese newspaper, but that might be too boring.
Dr Strum
I just swiped a magazine from an aeroplane on my flight back from the Ukraine. Probably even more boring, though.
I also have the FF:CC manga which I don't think has yet been translated.
chrishawke
We could do that. Probably.

When will you get the scans?
Dr Strum
Fuck. Honestly, I probably can't start scanning until June.
Otherwise we could practice with the numerous other fan materials I've scanned (Yggdra manga, art books and interviews and jazz).
H. Tsukiyono
If you guys are in need of things to translate from Japanese to English, I have a shelf full of material in Japanese. How about an instructional manga on how to play shogi?

... or if you'd prefer I can dig up that book of poetry, or barring that I could borrow books from my dad's library, although you might wind up with a lot of murder mysteries/samurai dramas in that case.
chrishawke
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ May 25 2010, 05:56 PM) *

Fuck. Honestly, I probably can't start scanning until June.
Otherwise we could practice with the numerous other fan materials I've scanned (Yggdra manga, art books and interviews and jazz).
Let's do it.

QUOTE(H. Tsukiyono @ May 25 2010, 06:20 PM) *

If you guys are in need of things to translate from Japanese to English, I have a shelf full of material in Japanese. How about an instructional manga on how to play shogi?

... or if you'd prefer I can dig up that book of poetry, or barring that I could borrow books from my dad's library, although you might wind up with a lot of murder mysteries/samurai dramas in that case.
Sounds good. Anything interesting you can find, I'll put it on a list.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.