Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New DS and PSP games from Sting due end of the year.
Lacrima Castle > Site Boards > Announcements
Dr Strum
Several sources are reporting Atlus's announcement of two new games they will be publishing as part of their new partnership with Sting: Yggdra Unison: Seiken Buyuuden and Hexyz Force.

The former will be a DS side story for Yggdra Union, featuring the battle system of the Japanese Mobile phone minigame, Yggdra Unison: Beat Out Our Obstacle. The game will apparently feature an alternate universe telling of YU's story, and is due out in Japan this December.

The PSP game due out in November is Hexyz Force. The game is an RPG with two story paths based on the light versus dark aspect of the game's universe.

Scans can be found at Siliconera, and more information will be posted as it becomes available. Sting will very likely be putting up a website for both games within the coming weeks if not days. As usual, no English releases have been announced at this time.
SyphonVectorman
I can't wait for Unison, I've been itching to play that ever since it came out on Sting's Mobile Service.

...Now I can play it on my DS. :3
aerozero
I'm more interested in Hexyz Force.
Archeia
QUOTE(aerozero @ Jul 23 2009, 12:49 PM) *

This.
Too bad I don't have a psp :/
absolute0zero
Wow.
Just wow.
DustyHaru
QUOTE(Archeia @ Jul 23 2009, 02:23 AM) *

QUOTE(aerozero @ Jul 23 2009, 12:49 PM) *

This.
Too bad I don't have a psp :/

Extortion and Blackmail, yo.
mattiator
Always wanted to play Unison, sounded very interesting when I discovered it existed, but $67 for a REMAKE OF A CELLPHONE GAME!? It's like they WANT it to do terribly.

Hexyz Force... I may just need to buy a PSP, so I can play the remakes of TPL and YU, plus this, Jeanne D'Arc, and Class of Heroes.
Yuka
They're expanding it, mattiator. It's not like they're just porting the cellphone game to the DS. If that was the case, then I'd have to agree with you, but Sting isn't that stupid.
Dr Strum
Always wanted to play Unison, sounded very interesting when I discovered it existed, but $67 for a REMAKE OF A CELLPHONE GAME!? It's like they WANT it to do terribly.
This is Japan. Japanese gamers pay more for handheld games than we do (typically).
Rhiannon
Also, both sites are now open.
DustyHaru
I'll probably get Hexyz Force before I get Unison.

If I can afford either -_-
Raijinili
TOBE!
Dr Strum
I'll probably get Hexyz Force before I get Unison.

Considering Hexyz comes out before YZ.
Archeia
Unison looks interesting though.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=369385

I'd love to have those portraits and sprites *_*
Dr Strum
Don't worry, we will. LCN has fallen behind on the last few Sting games to come out, but we won't do that with these ones.
Shiokazu
perhaps another episode from depth heaven,FUCK YES!

oops,ITS FOR THE DAMN PSP.

no way gaiz D:
Dr Strum
Hexyz is not part of the Dept. Heaven series.
Shiokazu
i relized that yesterday visiting the site,but was too lazy to edit the damn post.

i think that there is a realy tiny chance of a DPTH game going into another console than nintendo's,im not talking about remakes or ports.

exept riviera wich is originaly from the wonderswan
Dr Strum
It depends on the gameplay. Sting isn't choosing any console because of some sort of loyalty to the company, they're choosing the consoles based on what the game requires.
Shiokazu
i dont see why yggdra union and riviera were made in portables.

they could be done in home consoles.
Dr Strum
Portable consoles are generally more easily developed for and generally allow the developer greater freedom.
mattiator
Plus handhelds are cheaper to develop for (I don't think Sting would still be selling their games in America if they made Yggdra Union for consoles, originally, with graphics that were standard for the console of choice, since it sold SO well on a GBA.)
Dr Strum
You can't use the poor GBA sales as an excuse for... Anything. Everyone knows (including Sting and Atlus USA since they both handled a PSP port) that the GBA was practically dead by the time YU had come out.
P.P.A.
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Jul 30 2009, 11:14 PM) *

Portable consoles are generally more easily developed for and generally allow the developer greater freedom.

That, and today's consumers don't care about console games if they don't have ultra-realistic 3D graphics and involve shooting stuff.
Dr Strum
Wow, not at all true.
P.P.A.
Unless they can be downloaded via PSN or XBLA?
Dr Strum
PPA, people are more varied, cultured and intelligent than you give them credit for.
P.P.A.
Sorry, I always tend to be very negatively biased when it comes to the masses. PERHAPS I SHOULD GO OUT MORE

EDIT: Eh. While that is indeed the case and a flaw I know I need to fix:
http://vgchartz.com/worldtotals.php?console=X360

1. Halo 3
2. Call of Duty 4
3. GTA IV
4. Gears of War
5. Call of Duty: WoW
6. Gears of War 2
Dr Strum
Did you ever think that those might be good games? Not to mention that's just the 360 - a supposed "shooter" console.
P.P.A.
Other than the Xbox 360 there's only the PS3 with overall rather similar tastes aside from a few dissidents and the Wii which is only casual and Mario games anyway.
So as one of the only 3 it might be a decent representative of the current situation...
Dr Strum
But it's not even the top selling of the three, the Wii, which is just "Mario and casual," is, proving that apparently the public likes Mario most, not shooters. And you can also look to the past; take the PS2 for example. GTA is the only "shooter" in the top ten (and it's not really a shooter, that's one of many aspects of it) and it's accompanied by Gran Turismo, Final Fantasy, etc.
Shiokazu
shooters are suposed to be made on computer(its easier to control)

also,if you want something with shooters,look for the xbox.

arent we a little off topic right now?
TheTimepiece
Yes, this timepiece prefers first person shooters for the computer.
But to him it doesn't really matter, since it is not often when he plays them.
And yes, this is off topic.
Probably going to get Yggdra Unison.
Hexyz Force sounds fun, and if it's good enough, might start saving up to buy a PSP...
mattiator
Mmmm.... I'll probably wait on the PSP until the PSP No launches, but I'll get one before it inevitably bombs.

EDIT: According to Sting's website for Hexyz Force, the game is due out on November 12 in Japan.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.