Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tome of Lost Souls
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Knights in the Nightmare > Knights Projects
DustyHaru
This is my first time scanning a book and using imageshack so pardon the size and quality

Front Cover
Back Cover
5 / Rescan

Will Update
Done my share of scanning, cases has the rest
Archeia
Thank you for sharing <3
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
Pretty artwork is pretty.
jcdietz03
Scan #5 is so huge it won't fit on his scanner bed!
DustyHaru
12-19 uploaded, hoping to scan into the morning

done up to 38
lilcases
My turn!

Finally done. Thanks Dusty for helping me out on some of the pages.

DustyHaru
Np, thanks for helping in scanning :)
chrishawke
Just a heads-up for those who aren't channel regulars / missed it in the channel:

I will be cleaning these scans up to the best of my abilities. I, however, won't clean up pages 02, 03, 04, 05 now as they are double-paged images (try matching up the lines of those pages; they won't connect). They will be dealt with later.

Here are some examples of what the cleaned up scans should look like (images are resized due to Photobucket's file size limit):
FRONT COVER
PAGE 1
PAGE 6, I know, it's cut off at the right end.

If you don't like it, OOOHH WELL, TOO BAD, NOW HUH???
Actually, if anyone's interested in helping clean up these scans, I'd appreciate it. This thing takes time, you know? Plus, it's almost 100 FREAKIN' PAGES. Post if you want to help out. I'll even throw in tips on how I clean these scans up, so DO IT.
Dr Strum
As soon as the scans are cleaned they'll be going on the site, so whoever has the abilities, get on it and help LCN out.
LukewarmHoliday
Well, I guess I should learn how to do touch ups instead of waiting a month for page 68
Veto
Hey everyone, I registered just because I want this artbook digitized bad, and it'd move along faster if I helped. Just tell me what to do.
chrishawke
Well, before I start telling you stuff, I need to know what scans you're working on so we don't make duplicates. The people I know working on this right now is LukewarmHoliday, who's working on pages 69 through 86, and me (I've done pages 1 through 12 and page 68).

As for the other question, this topic may help:
http://lacrimacastle.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=3153

It's a tutorial on how I clean the scans, but it was written with GIMP in mind. I don't remember if Photoshop has similar features on it or not.
Veto
Hah, I started working and didn't even notice your post.

I think I'll take it easy right now, just leave 29-38 to me. I'll see how difficult this really is.

If the tools are too different, I'll grab GIMP somewhere.

EDIT:

nvm I'll just snatch GIMP and use that, it'll be easier to follow your guide.

I mean, the tools are there in Photoshop, but the parameters you have to set are different (and there's no Delta Max for the Gaussian blur, if that's important). I cleaned up a page, but I figured it'd be best if I just used the same methods everyone else was using.
chrishawke
Cool.

When you're done with your scans, just send them to either me or Sturm. And if you feel like working on more of the scans, give me a heads-up and go wild.
Devilfish
Hey there! I'm a new guy!

Ever since I missed out on the KitN artbook I've been prowling around looking for people who would put up scans, and lo here they are! It's pretty nice to see how much effort people are putting into cleaning up all these scans, so I thought I'd take a stab at one that nobody is (allegedly) working on:

Page 87

If the above is acceptable, then I'd be happy to work on more--let's all work towards a complete "Tome of Lost Souls!"
chrishawke
Looks good.

Just a note: the front cover, pages 1-54, and pages 68-86 are taken. Pick your poison, and I'd appreciate it if you can give me the pages you're going to work on.
LukewarmHoliday
Devilfish you scaled it down, actually it was probably photobucket that resized it, upload it to imageshack or something.
Veto
Finally, network is back up. Couldn't do much more than a couple of the few pages I said I could since I hadn't even saved the raws, but I'll be working extra hard now.

As a PS, I feel like a jerk for complaining about lilcases scans, so I take it back. I think LC is the only place actually going through the effort of doing this, so I should be privileged, haha.
Devilfish
Oh whoops, I forgot photobucket pulls that kind of trash >_> This should fix it:

Page 87

I'm a little new to this so I think I'll just work on 88-90 and see how those work out. If it winds up not taking too long I'll just pick up on whatever is left.

chrishawke
Whoa, now that I have a closer look at it, allow me to point out one thing.

The portraits look really blurred. Sharpen them up a bit.
Devilfish
Ah, allright. I'll keep that in mind.
skizm
first post here, i've been working on this myself and i thought you guys might like this version ...

front cover

p. 01
p. 02-03
p. 04-05
p. 06
p. 07
p. 08
p. 09
p. 10
p. 11
p. 12
p. 13
p. 14
p. 15
p. 16
p. 17
p. 18
p. 19
p. 20
p. 21
p. 22
p. 23

back cover

i'll be adding the rest over the next few days.

enjoy.

edit: 2 more pages, and i'm starting to think i'm doing these too small so i'm going to stop for now until i get some feedback.

here's a preview of what kind of quality you're looking at in a larger size:

preview
chrishawke
The only real problems I'm having with this is that:

1. Some of those scans are already cleaned up and ready to go.
2. This is a community effort.

Not to say that your work is bad, but I'd prefer that we pool in any effort involving this together in the most efficient way possible. What do you say?
Devilfish
So it's been about a month since the last post. Did this project just die?
Dr Strum
I was told it was finished but I haven't received the images yet.
chrishawke
I thought I gave it to you in the channel.
Dr Strum
I'm pretty sure I told you that the download wouldn't proceed past 40MB despite being well over 100MB. Or maybe I had just intended to tell you for so long that I imagined I already had.
Devilfish
I wasn't aware these would be handed out through IRC only and not on-site. If you look at post #9 it seems to indicate otherwise...
Dr Strum
DON'T be an ass. In case you didn't notice, I generally post content on the site. IRC is a means of us communicating that allows him to send me the content so THAT I can post it on the site.
Devilfish
I had no intention of being an ass, it's just that there was no activity for a while--and since nobody had pointed this out--I jumped to the conclusion that everyone somehow got their scans through channel.
Dr Strum
As the Channel FAQ says, the channel and the website are separate entities. Content is not distributed via the channel, and the only event in which it would be is if LCN were permanently shut down against our intentions.
Devilfish
I see. Sorry for stepping out of line there.
Veto
So I guess it's going good?
Yuka
Last I heard, Lukewarm's the only person who hasn't finished his shit, so it should be up sometime within the next year.
Dr Strum
If I had faster internet, Sauce, I'd put it up right now just to make you feel like a douchebag. However, that's not the case. Assuming there are no unforeseen circumstances, I hope to have it up sometime this week.
Rhiannon
Sturm sucks, the site is dead forever, etc.

BUT HERE ARE THOSE SCANS YOU GUYS WANTED
DustyHaru
Whee, happiness.
Veto
and then I jizzed in my pants
chrishawke
Sorry you had to hold it in for so long. Had a few hiccups here and there, being on and off at unpredictable times. Thanks, maths and physics!
Archeia
Finally downloaded and checked C:
It seems page 90 is missing?
chrishawke
I believe some of the pages were missing because they were double-paged and I was going to get full page scans of them, but that never happened.

I also lost all the information on this project ever since I migrated to a new computer, so...

Eh, if anyone is willing to fill in the missing pages and complete this project, be my guest.
Scyth
First, much thanks to Rhiannon for responding to my email.

Returned to this site after a few years after looking for higher quality scans of the Tome of Lost Souls. Thus, I'd like to thank also the people who contributed to the compilation of cleaned scans. I noticed some of the pages were missing, however, and took my own liberty of cleaning a few of the pages myself.

So, here's a few of the pages I've cleaned. I'm considering finishing the rest of the missing pages, but I'd like some feedback on how well my cleans are in the first place.

Page 4
Page 87
Page 88
Page 89
Page 90
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.