Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favourite DHE Episode
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Dept. Heaven
Dr Strum
Try not to let Kitten's newness effect your decision. No fiery explosiony picture of ultimate destiny this time around.
Archeia
I have to chose, KitN. Not because it's new but my reasoning:

#1.) Riviera is nice and all but the story is pretty simple for me and the battle system is what I hated most about it. I like the movement system tho but gameplay wise, the number of replays I managed to do with Rivi is around 13-15 I believe unlocking all secrets and Ledah in party cheat. Heh. Overall Riviera was so-so. I like it enough.

#2.) Yggdra Union has a very nice storyline, gameplay wise addicting and Gulcasa <3 But I have to say that the TBS has it's weakness in the GBA version taking forever. I don't have a psp but at least they added a fast forward and all but Yggdra Union can be overcluttered with stats, unions and etc. Not that it's a bad thing or good thing as your mileage may vary. I think I got around 20 replays. I wish their eyes aren't overly huge tho :<

#3.) Knights in the Nightmare. It is probably the most addicting game I played after 2 years. I am not joking. I am playing it like crazy and storyline wise I Really like it. The gameplay is amazing and very unique. Artwork is beautiful too. I have nothing more to say but hands down I like Knights In the Nightmare. Bullet Hell Shooter + TBS = WIN. I won't deny that at some parts some of the dialogue felt lacking. That maybe just me tho. So far 1 since I'm at the good ending path but I will definitely finish all the endings and get all the knights. Do you hear me?! All of you guys will serve me one way or another.
Yuka
Kitten because it meshes all of my favorite genres of games into something that plays completely different from anything that has come before it.
blue grim angel
Ordinarily, I'd say Knights, but I've actually noticed how much the battle system reminds me of Riviera's. You got three characters, four items, and you're paying attention to enemy's elemental weaknesses while planning out unit positions and what weapons would be most effective from which spot... that's how I played Riviera anyways... Generally I'm saying that both games hold all the actual strategy in the preparation phases, and in the same sense. Not saying the gameplay is the same. No, there's quite a difference there.

I really like Yggdra. It's probably got my favorite art style. I thought the battle system was really original while I was playing it. (still do)

To be honest... I seem to enjoy all three... I can't really pick a favorite out of them...
Dr Strum
You got three characters
Depending on the scene.

Generally I'm saying that both games hold all the actual strategy in the preparation phases
Riviera does not hold all its actual strategy in the preparation phase.
PinkMage
Riviera. Probably because I like the characters and the story so much more than YU or KitN.

And because I hate Yggdra Union because I find it incredibly hard to get every item and secret. Maybe after a couple of replays I'll like it more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.