Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worry
Lacrima Castle > Other Stuff > Miscellaneous
Raijinili
Is it better to tell people your problems or just act normally?

Telling:
- you don't want to be whiny, pathetic
- you keep thinking about it, and wallow in self-pity.
- do you want people to worry?
- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemooooooooooooooooooooooo
- not everyone needs to know. if you're having problems, how can you judge who to tell?

Not telling:
- maybe sometimes it's okay for people to worry about you. maybe sometimes you shouldn't deal with it alone.
- if the problem becomes worse, and/or someone who cares finds out later or from another, it might be more upsetting.
- some people do care, and they want to know.

Discuss.
Lux
Why should other people have to deal with my issues?
Dr Strum
If it's something that's going to significantly affect the way you behave, the people closest to you should know. Couple that with the fact that usually you feel better when you're not keeping everything inside.
P.P.A.
If it concerns your friends you should perhaps tell them and if it's a problem they could help you solve, or at least give new impulses and perspectives so you could solve it yourself, it's ok to tell them in my opinion.

my head is messy cursed strawberries
sandpenguin
Depends on what type of person you are. If your type is the hard guy type, you just can digest the feeling of uneasiness (Or possibly find your own way out of the problem) down the throat and never think about it again.

(Some might say this is stoical, but some might say that you're just damn sissy to asking for help, even if the prospect of it gives a lot of positive effects to be reaped)

But on the other side, you can keep your friends interested (Or dead by boredom) by listening to your constant problems, depending on what you guys talked about in the last few posts (Significant effect for everyone, different perspectives, opening up possibilities, etc)

(Could be a great talking machine to waste your time with. Mayhap they're insecure of themselves to even take their own initiative on something mundane or just too cautious to be good.)

For me, I'm at peace helping others sort out their problems but delusions and paranoia (Anxiety) keeps clouding my own judgment/thinking about the past actions and the foreseeable future.
Raijinili
RANDOM CAPS POST
Frisk
Once I would have told you that telling your best friend(s) is something you can do, but now I think sometimes it really doesn't help at all. If they're really your friend it won't make it worse, but in my experience it doesn't help/make you feel any better.

Unless its internet friends. I don't think I'd really have a problem discussing anything I worry about with you guys. Most of you don't care enough to bother me about my problems or care enough to honestly try and help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.