Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reviews
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Knights in the Nightmare
Dr Strum
GameRankings: 78%

RPGamer: 4.5/5
Knights is a shining example of the creativity that the game industry needs more of. It is without a doubt a must-have for RPGamers, especially those that enjoy unique, strategy-focused battle systems. Knights in the Nightmare is an incredibly creative and interesting experience that should not be missed by anyone remotely intrigued by the concept.

RPGFan: 82%
I only offer this one warning: be ready for a challenge. This is a difficult game, and you have to want to learn how the game works to enjoy it. Put in the effort, and you'll get a lot out of it. It may not be the best handheld strategy RPG on the market, but it's certainly the one that turned the genre on its head. I will not soon forget it, and if you take on this 20-hour-long DS game, I suspect you'll remember it fondly as well.

IGN: 8.8/10
It’s deep, and for some it’s going to be too much. For others though, this is the depth and strategy that is missing from current-day games. If you’re up for a truly original, genre-less experience that innovates and pushes players in a way few titles will, Knights in the Nightmare is meant for you.

Games Radar: 7/10
It just tries to do too much, so instead of a historic must-play that changes the genre forever, we get a quirky, worthwhile oddity.

Game Informer: 7/10, 6/10
Edge: 6/10
Yuka
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ May 18 2009, 03:30 PM) *

Fixed, but glad to see that for the most part Kitten is being received well. It truly is a unique blend of RPGs, manic shooters, and strategy games.
Dr Strum
... That's not fixed. Game Informer is the only review up right now, but others will come soon.
Yuka
It's fixed, because I don't think GameRankings does their own reviews of games. They just compile other sources' reviews and get their score from the mix of scores of their sources.
Dr Strum
No, they don't, and I never claimed they did. I put it at the top BECAUSE it's a compilation of a bunch of other sites and magazines.
Again, not fixed.
Dr Strum
New reviews up.
LukewarmHoliday
It's scary because IGN of all places had a reviewer that understood what he was getting into when playing the game.
Raijinili
"Developer Sting has worked itself into a pretty nice little rhythm these days. The company does a lot of niche gaming, focusing on smaller projects like Rondo of Swords and Dokapon Kingdom for Atlus, and then churns out a full-on AAA effort every couple of years. "

Sting worked on Rondo of Swords?
LukewarmHoliday
QUOTE(Raijinili @ Jun 4 2009, 11:32 PM) *

"Developer Sting has worked itself into a pretty nice little rhythm these days. The company does a lot of niche gaming, focusing on smaller projects like Rondo of Swords and Dokapon Kingdom for Atlus, and then churns out a full-on AAA effort every couple of years. "

Sting worked on Rondo of Swords?

I'm pretty sure they didn't, you cant expect IGN to be perfect.
Dr Strum
No, they didn't. I feel like IGN has said that before, too.
mattiator
Agreed, when I first read that I'm like "Sting did Rondo of Swords? I'm pretty sure it was Success..."
PlanarStar
That surprised me too. Than again, I'm satisfied they reviewed the game at all. Last I checked, Gamespot hadn't bothered and none of the game stores near my house ordered any copies.
P.P.A.
The German magazine "M!Games" (formerly "MAN!AC") reviewed it in its import category and gave it a 87.

Märchenhaft präsentiertes, innovatives Strategiespiel mit hoher Einstiegshürde, aber tonnenweise neuen Ideen."

Fairytale-like presented, innovative strategy game with a high hurdle for beginners, but tons of new ideas.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.