Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JaJa talks DHE; Ninth game in the works.
Lacrima Castle > Site Boards > Announcements
Dr Strum
JaJa has been talking on his blog about the next DHE game, with concept art to accompany it. This next game? DHE IX. Yes. The Ninth one. Not the third, or even the fifth, but the ninth. And in one of his more recent blog posts he explains that it's going to be a long time before all nine games are complete.
P.P.A.
Holy crap. Well seeing how DHE along with OutRun is about the only video game series I actively care about this is quite good news. Expect them to be done in about 20 years though, having put out about 15 new games including remakes. ...haha, ok. 22 games and remakes.
Yuka
Hahaha. Wait. So Riviera is Episode I, Yggdra Union is Episode II, and Kitten is Episode IV. Granted we jumped over three, but now we're jumping from four to nine?

Oh Sting, you make me laugh. It's unexpected crap like this that makes me like you as a company.
mattiator
All I can say is....

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?

I, II, IV, IX

Crud.
Archeia
You've got to be kidding me.
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
lrn2count
sandpenguin
What the heck? Episode 9? Did they even have enough assets to complete the series up to 9 episode? So, what do you think guys, will they correlate to each other in storyline or just share the same place but totally different story?

You make me shit bricks, Sting, I love you.

Holy crap. Well seeing how DHE along with OutRun is about the only video game series I actively care about this is quite good news. Expect them to be done in about 20 years though, having put out about 15 new games including remakes. ...haha, ok. 22 games and remakes.

You make me hate you back Sting, remakes ain't fun for a dying fan like me.

"I cannot think myself 5 years ahead, in the University/College playing DHE series...."

Well, that's a spectacular story to hear from a game developer. Let's see whether they can live up to their expectation....

mattiator
Sting's buisness practices make as much sense as a robot blowing into his hand to produce a pumpkin.
DustyHaru
Sure, whatever "Buisness" is.
Hayate
>>

Maybe it's related to Buizel.
Archeia
One of those concept art reminds me of saber+yggdra
absolute0zero
Ehh...
From IV to IX?
What would it be?
Now, if they planned to make this series like Star Wars (jumping through episodes, am i right?), when will the series ended? And which episodes would be the last?
Dr Strum
Star Wars never jumped through episodes.
absolute0zero
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ May 19 2009, 11:06 PM) *

Star Wars never jumped through episodes.

Ehh...
I don't know...
My schoolmate told me like that...
I say "do you know the 4th episode of Dept. Heavens? It's Knights in the Nightmare." and he say "so what's the 3rd episode?"
I say "i dunno, Sting haven't made it yet" and he say "eh? They make it like Star Wars?"
I say "ha? Whaddya mean?" and he say "you know, jumping through episode? Like, the latter episode was made before the early?"
I don't really understand what he says, but he obviously stated like that, so i think...
P.P.A.
Star Wars: Episode IV -> V -> VI ---> I -> II -> III
Dept. Heaven Episodes: Episode I -> II --> IV ------> IX -> ???
Dr Strum
Star Wars wasn't originally supposed to be a six-episode story, though, and the first three movies were not given episode numbers until episode one was put in the works around thirty years later.
absolute0zero
Ohh...
I understand!
Thanks for educating me!
Btw, isn't it supposed to be like this:
Dept. Heavens: Episode I->II-->IV->III------>IX->¿?
Maybe?
Because i think that DHE III was under progress before DHE IX was even discussed here.
Dr Strum
Episode III had more info on the game play out first, but IX has that and concept art out right now and isn't on indefinite hold, so...
absolute0zero
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ May 21 2009, 08:46 AM) *

Episode III had more info on the game play out first, but IX has that and concept art out right now and isn't on indefinite hold, so...

So...
Where can i find the DHE IX concept art?
Dr Strum
JaJa's blog. It's in Japanese, though.
absolute0zero
Uhh...
The link?
Archeia
http://blog5.fc2.com/jajanote/
absolute0zero
Oh, right.
Heck i can't read japanese!
Okay, that one was MY mistake.
EDIT: So, who is this JaJa?
sandpenguin
QUOTE(absolute0zero @ May 21 2009, 12:29 PM) *

Oh, right.
Heck i can't read japanese!
Okay, that one was MY mistake.
EDIT: So, who is this JaJa?

JaJa is the game developer for these series. From Riviera to Yggdra and know Kitten, it's all from him.
Dr Strum
... No. JaJa is one of the graphic designers and close to the guy responsible for the DHE series, Shinichi Ito.
sandpenguin
Oh okay, thanks for that info.....Looks like Wiki fails me again.
absolute0zero
That makes sense.
About Wiki fails again and Jaja is one of the graphic designers.
The Angel of Ruin
It's really weird to see how they do this. I mean, is wiki right about the titles being numbered based on how original they are with increasing numbered titles being more original then the previous ones?

Also, Kitten is Knights in the Nightmare right?
P.P.A.
Riviera is unoriginal?
mattiator
QUOTE(P.P.A. @ May 28 2009, 07:14 AM) *

Riviera is unoriginal?

Compared to KITN? I think so. But that would mean KITN is unoriginal to them.... What DO they have up their sleeve?
Dr Strum
I mean, is wiki right about the titles being numbered based on how original they are with increasing numbered titles being more original then the previous ones?
A very convenient tool on Wikipedia is the ability to look through the page's history and see who added or removed what. Now, when you see that a member named "DrSturm" added it, it's rare that it's false because this member checks and double checks his facts and doesn't vandalize Wikipedia.
Raijinili
That's a lie.
Dr Strum
Proof?
PinkMage
I hope one of those games is a giant crossover between all the games. Kind like Dissidia or Tales of Vs., but RPG.
Dr Strum
Maybe DHE 0 will be.
Raijinili
You can't prove a lie.
Dr Strum
Rai, you just gave yourself away as a woman.
Raijinili
you have no idea.
i'm leaving.

EDIT: YOU SAW NOTHING!
Rhiannon
I know Rai's name.
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
So do I.
LukewarmHoliday
Seeing how they jumped to 9 I guess it's a play on the 9 worlds of norse mythology or something, I dunno, that's just the first thing that pops into my mind.
Hayashi Tenshi
I wonder what the ninth game is about. Would any of the Dept. Heaven Episodes be sub-stories for the other games?
Deathless
Does anyone have a copy of art? I didn't save it because I didn't expect them to be removed.
Rhiannon
I have all of the art saved, but I'm a bit confused because it's all still showing up on the site for me...
Dr Strum
Same here.
Deathless
It's strange, the links didn't worked some time ago but now they're valid again (I didn't check bedore asking). So it's ok.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.