Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What does the community WANT?
Lacrima Castle > Site Boards > Announcements
Dr Strum
This is very likely a bad idea; asking for an opinion on what work should be done. However, I'm going to do it anyway. So there.
Should LCN be redesigned? Or should more focus be placed on something else, for example, continuing efforts into exploring the still fairly virginal territories of Kitten and Yggdra Union? Or is there another idea?
For those not in the know, a redesign of LCN has been in the works since last July, and has had features such as a direct upload for users, multiple languages, a tag system, and an improved interface for users and admins - with our own proprietary forum code. But, while I'm sure everyone would like that, what interests the vast majority of you more; a new site or larger amount of content for the current site?
P.P.A.
Just ripping all the stuff from YUPSP and Kitten would probably be enough to keep the peasants happy for a while.
Yuka
While this may sound rude, I think that I'd get more use out of the new site than I would out of new content for the current site. The data from the games is useless to me, I can't really do anything with the images, and I already have the music (not that you would put them on the site anyways), so yeah, I already have all the content I would possibly use.
Shadow
I agree with Sauce, I think a redesign will make things a bit better.
mattiator
I think the same site with improvements would help. The direct-upload feature would be great, with all the stuff I'm working on. But I disagree that we've done Rivera to death. We still don't have the enemy graphics from the BreakOut attacks for RiviPSP or RiviGBA, and we only have a few from the WSC version (although I'm trying to help with that).
Dr Strum
We still don't have the enemy graphics from the BreakOut attacks for RiviPSP

Yes we do.
mattiator
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ May 6 2009, 11:00 PM) *

We still don't have the enemy graphics from the BreakOut attacks for RiviPSP

Yes we do.

We do? I thought LCN only had the sprites, CGs, wallpapers, and the face collection. By enemy graphics I mean the pretty images that display before the enemy initiates the BreakOut! attack. Not the enemy performing it. Sorry if I didn't word it right.
Rhiannon
We do actually have them. But they're not linked to on the site ever, only in a few forum topics with people specifically asking for them, so I can understand why you'd think we don't have them.

I actually don't really have a preference for what happens to the site, but whatever it is, it should happen as soon as possible. LCN's losing it's usefulness for non-Riviera games by never getting new content (this means it's Rai's fault).
Dr Strum
Yes, Rai has been falling behind on the job.
But I also disagree. While we have more information on Riviera than all the other games, I think we have more relevant information on YU than other games. No one cares about a lot of the Riviera info we have (like the variance for each attack).
The main reason I'm interested in the site redesign is the greater media capabilities for the site. EG; easier to get fanart and icons and screenshots and wallpapers and stuff on the site, and organization would be less of a hassle for us mods and admins.
mattiator
QUOTE(Rhiannon @ May 7 2009, 02:53 PM) *

We do actually have them. But they're not linked to on the site ever, only in a few forum topics with people specifically asking for them, so I can understand why you'd think we don't have them.

I actually don't really have a preference for what happens to the site, but whatever it is, it should happen as soon as possible. LCN's losing it's usefulness for non-Riviera games by never getting new content (this means it's Rai's fault).

This warms the carckles of my heart. Thank you.
Yuka
I hope you get hit by a truck for using "carckles."
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
New site.

I'll donate if needed.
Rosetta
I'd like to see more YU stuff (especially YUPSP info, sprites, etc), but I don't think a whole new site would be the answer for that. Riviera hasn't been done to death as of yet, but it is indeed aging. Making it easier for people to have their fanworks out there is something I'd always agree with.
Dr Strum
I'd like to see more YU stuff (especially YUPSP info, sprites

Pssst... Look here: http://lacrimacastle.net/forum/index.php?s...105&#entry62105
Maybe you can help with the sprites.
Archeia
maybe new content will be nice. I think our Riviera stuff is great and some YU stuff but if we can somehow get more KitN and fanworks (I guess) involved that'll work. Too bad Riviera is aging and not a lot of people really like it from who I talk to :S

Site redesign sounds better :)
mattiator
I have a few animated sprites made from RiviPSP, none from YUPSP. Not too good though, but they're better than nothing. I'll put them up later.
Dr Strum
... Why? There is absolutely no point.
mattiator
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ May 11 2009, 09:43 AM) *

... Why? There is absolutely no point.

O...K?
Dr Strum
Because every fucking sprite in the game is on the site in one sheet or another so ANYONE can make their own animated sprites.
Shadow
But we need more Ledah gifs for new members
Dr Strum
Anybody use Twitter? I've kind of been posting the occasional update to progress on the site rewrite on mine for anyone interested in following.
Dr Strum
Enzd, did you make a Twitter account specifically to try and get sneak previews of the redesign?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.