Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lost Odyssey blows.
Lacrima Castle > Other Stuff > Hell > Others
Leyviur
Discuss.
Rhiannon
I loved the first disc. Things seemed to go downhill from there and then the 360 ran away, so I never got to see if it gets better again later.
Irysa
I haven't finished it still because I'm sick of jrpgs.
Enzd
I tried to pretend this wasn't here, but I suck at pretending.
Dr Strum
Sasha's right. For the first disc and parts of the second it's fuckawesome.
Then the story gets silly and what very very little originality there is to the battle system has lost any charm it could have had. The dungeons were really obnoxious as well, and I don't know why, when they did away with it in Blue Dragon, they had to have Random Battles.
Xephyr
QUOTE(Irysa @ Feb 6 2009, 11:46 AM) *

I haven't finished it still because I'm sick of jrpgs.
JRPG? What is the J?
Enzd
Judicial.
Raijinili
Like the Japanese.
Xephyr
Judicial?

We talking Phoenix Right?
Enzd
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
QUOTE(Xephyr @ Feb 7 2009, 04:07 AM) *

Judicial?

We talking Phoenix Right?

Yuka
Japanese RPGs. As opposed to wrpgs.

Anyways, I don't see anything wrong with random battles so long as they're not obnoxious about their frequency.
Shadow
After playing Persona so much, random battles seem annoying.
LukewarmHoliday
QUOTE(Yuka @ Feb 7 2009, 12:51 PM) *

Anyways, I don't see anything wrong with random battles so long as they're not obnoxious about their frequency.

I despise random battles, Id rather avoid a battle altogether instead of escaping the moment it starts.(or taking 2 seconds to hit the standard attack button over, and over, and over)

Just having a visual indication if a battle is unavoidable battle(ex: a monster blocking a hallway that you must go through so you have no choice but to enter an encounter, things like that.) makes it SO MUCH NICER imo.

And backtracking with random monsters is pure hell, useless battles that your forced to waste 10-20 seconds on.
Raijinili
Random battles are when you don't have any better ideas for controlling your player outside of the story.
The Ring system can be so fucking annoying sometimes.
Enzd
I had no problem with the Rings.
Rhiannon
Neither did I. I liked them.
I just hated having to switch between them to gain an edge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.