Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Names of Things
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Knights in the Nightmare
Rhiannon
So there are mistakes. Most certainly. Anyway, just assume that all of these contain real spoilers. Because sometimes, they do.

Skill names:
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Bullet names:

* = TSUKI HELPED TRANSLATE THIS
** = RAI HELPED TRANSLATE THIS

EDITED TO INCLUDE EVERYTHING SO IT'S MORE USEFUL.
H. Tsukiyono
I don't know if you want this at all, but I took a gander at some of the weird katakana phrases. :/

Xephyr
QUOTE(H. Tsukiyono @ Feb 4 2009, 08:20 PM) *

オラトリオカーム
Oratorio Calm
Reminds me of Loretta Oratorio from Wild Arms: Twilight Venom.

She was hot.
Rhiannon
SCYTHE WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT TSUKI I AM A FAN OF YOU.
Xephyr
*sigh*

Am I the only one who knows Wild Arms: TV even exists?
Dr Strum
You're the only one that thinks of a character from it rather than the word itself when you hear "oratorio."
Xephyr
O_o
Sniped.

Well, it's a fairly uncommon word, don't you think? So naturally, when I see it, I think of the only other instance I've seen it, that being Loretta Oratorio.

Uh, what does "oratorio" mean, anyways?
Yuka
You're also the only person who would post a clearly off-topic post in a translation thread without contribution of some sort.

Actually, that's not true; a lot of people would do that.

oratario - n. an extended musical composition with a text more or less dramatic in character and usually based upon a religious theme, for solo voices, chorus, and orchestra, and performed without action, costume, or scenery.
Xephyr
Actually, that's pretty close to what I thought it was.

Fact: All of Fia's Lv. 3 overskills (Excluding Banishment) are Italian music terms.
But, you probably knew that...
Dr Strum
Well, it's a fairly uncommon word, don't you think?
No. Especially not for someone like me who has devoted their life to the study of music.
Xephyr
Really?

Do you play?
Raijinili
lol music major
Rhiannon
EDITED TO REFLECT THE TSUKILATIONS THAT I THOUGHT WERE ALMOST CERTAINLY CORRECT. And a few that I realized after looking back on them.

Bullets next. This part will be harder than I think. I mean, I still don't know what a Death Flashlight is.
LukewarmHoliday
SHOULD I START COUNTING XEPHYRS ATTEMPTED THREAD DERAILMENTS
Xephyr
Heh heh...

Sorry. I'll try to stay on topic.
Rhiannon
Okay, figured out a few more skill names. Most importantly, though, I figured out that "gyazzaa" is GATHER. Anyone have any thoughts on Frazzlegazzer and its little red friend?

Also, bullet names. Fake spoilers:
Raijinili
Mostly jokes, some guesses.

Rhiannon
クロスカーラント: Cross Current
I like it.
プロスティコーズ: Typo for Frosty Course?
I've checked that one (and Dragon Dripe) over and over again, I did not misread them. ;_; Plus, I think that attack was actually electric, element-wise.
カリスオブシムーン: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simoom
Also liking this one.
ラムペントスフィア: That's a "pe".
OLD NEWS RAI
スカッシュ: NOTE THAT THIS IS JAPANESE FOR "SQUASH"

You typo'd "wriggling".
OH, OKAY
Sleaze? I can't find something that works better than Sleaze, and Google didn't help. Well, it suggested "Thrige", whic makes no sense. But look at all the results for "sleazehammer"!
If I do this, I have to accept Dirty Rude/Lewd and the other ridiculous ones. Like Bigotry Bash.
フェイスティフィズ: Festivus! Or Feisty Fizz?
I'm going to check if this is a Slime Bullet, and if it is you win.
デスフラッジレート: Death Flagellate?
Actually, that's probably right. It IS a whip.
ドラゴンドライプ: Dragon Drive? But that's a "pu"... WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT JAPAN? (YES, THEY USE THAT FOR CD-ROMドライプ)
UGH I HATE JAPAN :(
ランブリングホロウ: Rambling Hollow? Lumbering Hollow? What is this, Bleach? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_in_the_United_Kingdom) (http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/HBY-CCG-00001027)
Probably Rumbling. What would you say about horou if I told you the bullet looks like a weird-colored lightning bolt?
アイシクルミデア: Icicle Medea
DUDE I WAS JUST POLLING EVERYONE IN EVERY CHANNEL I WAS IN ABOUT THE PRONUNCIATION OF "MEDEA" AND THERE WAS NO VARIATION: "meh-DEE-uh." BUT ANYWAY LONG STORY SHORT I WAS DOING THAT BECAUSE OF THIS ATTACK AND BECAUSE I WANTED TO KNOW IF ANYONE PRONOUNCED IT WEIRD
クルーンフェイク: Croon(?) Fake

セラフィックエール: Seraphic Earl(?)/Air(It's more likely than you think.)

I'll take Croon Fake. But about Seraphic Earl/Air/Ear, what do you think about the likelihood of "err"?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.