Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not to tease, but Malice pulled an Yggdra.
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Riviera
Pages: 1, 2
Dr Strum
She has massive breasts.
And suits don't suit Ledah.
Neon_the_Chao
Hmm?
Rhiannon
Malice bath scene.
aerozero
Pics or it never happened.
Blackbelt
QUOTE(Rhiannon @ Dec 9 2008, 12:52 PM) *

Malice bath scene.

Pics. Now. Please.
Archeia
Granted:
IPB Image
Irysa
But they're not perfect breasts.
Dr Strum
That's not at all what I'm talking about, Archeia. Leave, and never return.
Neon_the_Chao
Me likey.

MALICE IS HOT.
Archeia
I followed the lead of the great Rhia
<_<
>_>

ok maybe not, It was directed at aerozero
Dr Strum
I don't have time to get to a scanner right now (at least, not the time to scan the whole damn thing - I'm not going to go just to scan one page), so you'll have to live with a phone photo: http://studentweb.stcloudstate.edu/hoza070.../1210081023.jpg
P.P.A.
whaaaaaat
Wait, which book is that?! The DHE World Guide?
Dr Strum
Yes. There's a lot of cool/never-before-seen art.
Plus a LOT of text describing the games' plots and ties between them and characters and such.
P.P.A.
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Dec 10 2008, 06:02 PM) *

Yes. There's a lot of cool/never-before-seen art.
Plus a LOT of text describing the games' plots and ties between them and characters and such.

IPB Image
Archeia
I saw this a while ago, but the pages are incomplete, too bad I can't read japanese to see the ties >:V
ngaurhoth1
Is this the designers work book?
Or is it something else?
Can you post a link to where you can buy it?!
Dr Strum
It's something else, and it can be found on amazon.co.jp.
ngaurhoth1
What is in the designer's work?
Is it worth buying?
Shadow
Holy shit.
Neon_the_Chao
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Dec 10 2008, 10:09 PM) *

It's something else, and it can be found on amazon.co.jp.

Instead of "something else", can we get the real name?
And, do have any idea of the price?
Dr Strum
No, I have no idea of the price despite having bought it.
As for what it is, try fucking reading for once.
Hayate

What.
DustyHaru
IPB Image

I would like to see this.
And didn't you already upload this book or was that something else?

'An Yggdra' sounds odd.
Rhiannon
It sounds fine if you pronounce it right, silly.
Suzu Fujibayashi
'A Yggdra' sounds better though... 'An Yggdra' is sounding kinda funny. Suppose that's 'proper english' for you though. It always sounds kinda funny in some cases.
DustyHaru
saying "An Yggdra" makes me think of yams.
Lux
Needs moar MalicexSerene.
Dr Strum
'A Yggdra'

If you're pronouncing "Yggdra" with the "y" sounding like the "y" in "yes" (eg, incorrectly), then yes, that will sound better.
Hayate
I thought it was pronounced like the "y" in "yes," though... so how is it really pronounced? Like the "i" in "enigma?" >>
Neon_the_Chao
QUOTE(Aether @ Dec 13 2008, 02:29 PM) *

Needs moar MalicexSerene.
Yes, but... no.

QUOTE(Aether @ Dec 13 2008, 02:29 PM) *

Needs moar MalicexFia.
There you go.
Yuka
No.

MalicexSerene is the best pairing ever.
Shadow
No.

SoalaxCierra is the best pairing ever.
Archeia
EinxLedah IPB Image
Suzu Fujibayashi
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Dec 13 2008, 11:33 AM) *

'A Yggdra'

If you're pronouncing "Yggdra" with the "y" sounding like the "y" in "yes" (eg, incorrectly), then yes, that will sound better.

Yggdra (Yoo-dra) is correct in this case.
Yes it SHOULD be more like Ig-dra but in both releases her name has been said as 'Yoo-dra' hasn't it? Like Yggdrasial is always pronounced 'Yoo-dra-see-l' basically (in most games). Though it SHOULD be an "ig" instead of a "yoo".

EDIT:
I also fail at trying to type out sounding. But I'm sure you knew that.
Dr Strum
No, Suzu, that is blazingly incorrect.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Is it? I've always heard Yggdra's name in the game pronounced with a 'yoo' sound and not an 'ig'.
Rhiannon
I haven't played enough of the English version to remember, but frankly it wouldn't surprise me if they mispronounced it, after hearing all of the mispronounced nonsense Yukiko in Persona 4 is spouting.

But man, I seriously don't know which games you people are saying pronounce it that way. >:( And if you say Tales of Symphonia then I am going to kill your ears. They pronounce it wrong, but if you heard it as "yoo-drasil" then you're hearing it even more wrong than they're pronouncing it.

Anyway, "ig" would be the correct way to pronounce it. Not only has Atlus SAID so (we've been over this a million times), but Yggdra is based off of Yggdrasil, which, if correctly pronounced, starts with "ig." And this is why you can't cite the way her name is written/pronounced in Japanese. Because it's the same deal there, it's based off of Yggdrasil. Japan just doesn't understand Norse/doesn't care enough to write it as it's meant to sound.
Dr Strum
Japanese also doesn't have a hard "i" sound.
Suzu Fujibayashi
I know Japan wouldn't be using the correct Norse pronunciation but since this is a JAPANESE game shouldn't her name be "Yoo-dra" not "Ig-dra"? The only reason to change it would be because now it's English'd so you can use the correct Norse pronunciation.

I find 'yoo' to sound better. 'Ig' sounds like a horrible way to start your name. Like... Igor. What kind of name is that?
P.P.A.
The "Ig" in "Yggdra" sounds nothing like the "Ig" in "Igor".
It's also less of an "I" than more of a... I have no clue how to put that into text.
Dr Strum
The "i" is pronounced as the "i" in "bit".
Not the "i" in the singular pronoun "I" or the "ie" combination in "piece".
Hayate
Now I'm confused. So "Yggdra" is pronounced "Ig-dra" with a hard "i," right? But I thought "Igor" was pronounced "Ee-gor?" (Of course, my first instinct is to say "Eye-gor" because I've been watching too much "Young Frankenstein." >>)
P.P.A.
QUOTE(Hayate @ Dec 16 2008, 07:08 PM) *

Now I'm confused. So "Yggdra" is pronounced "Ig-dra" with a hard "i," right? But I thought "Igor" was pronounced "Ee-gor?"

That's why I said they don't sound alike.
Also to me it doesn't sound as much as the "i" in "bit". It goes into that direction, but it's not as much of an "i" than more of... I don't know, a gagged "i". In a way.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Hmmmm so like... Hmmmm I see. 'Ig-dra'.
And not sure why I thought Igor was the same 'I' use. It clearly wasn't, my bad.
Yuka
QUOTE(Rhiannon @ Dec 16 2008, 05:08 AM) *

They pronounce it wrong, but if you heard it as "yoo-drasil" then you're hearing it even more wrong than they're pronouncing it.

They pronounce it as "yeeg-drasil"

Just thought I'd throw that into the conversation for comparison.
Neon_the_Chao
Really?

I always pronounced it as Yig-drasil.
Yuka
It's pronounced Igh-drasil when done correctly.

ToS is just stupid and pronounces it wrong anyways.
Dr Strum
It is not [gh].
Yuka
Granted, but that's just how I interpret the sound being made, kind of like how I see the ig in igloo being represented by an igh-loo when you pronounce it.
Dr Strum
But that just confuses everyone as that makes it seem as if it's supposed to be a voiced [kh] which is the German/Scottish/Irish "ch" and Russian "x".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.