Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Sacred words.
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Riviera
ngaurhoth1
I have been wondering since the begining of Riviera what the scraed words say. I know they are Russian but that is all I know...
Does anyone know what the mean.
If no one remembers them these are the words.

The scared words spoken by Ursula in chapter one
… И Ё Д Ж Ю ……
Г А Ф Х Я …Й Р Щ , И Л Ё Б!

The sacred words spoken during the Isher cutscene
…И ё ю ……
…И ё ю ……
Г ч Л ф й … я Р ш, Ж л ё …

Ё Б р щ э ф г
Л Й P ё я б и ю ш …

The letters marked in red are the letters I'm not sure were right(Though I pretty sure they are)
Also if there are words spoken during the final level I would not know since I'm not quite at with the final boss, just the final chapter.
Yuka
I'm not sure if those are Russian characters. Babelfish can't correctly translate those from Russian to English.

I may be wrong, though.
Rhiannon
It's the Cyrillic alphabet, but it's not actually Russian. It's probably gibberish.
ngaurhoth1
QUOTE(Rhiannon @ Oct 27 2008, 11:38 PM) *

It's the Cyrillic alphabet, but it's not actually Russian. It's probably gibberish.

Really? I thought it was russian because thats was the aritcle on wikipedia, but wikipedia is not the best resource.
Well I was just wondering if it meant anything, who knows maybe it does.
EDIT: Oh! I forgot, the spacing is not nessecarilly acurate because I had dificulty telling what was a space and what was just extra space.
Raijinili
They can barely do English. You think they know Russian?
ngaurhoth1
QUOTE(Raijinili @ Oct 28 2008, 03:18 AM) *

They can barely do English. You think they know Russian?

It is possible, but unlikely. But then aggain you would be suprised by what some game companies are capable of.
Dr Strum
… И Ё Д Ж Ю ……
Г А Ф Х Я …Й Р Щ , И Л Ё Б!

...IYODZHYU......
GAFXYA ...JRSHCH, ILYOB

…И ё ю ……
…И ё ю ……
Г ч Л ф й … я Р ш, Ж л ё …

...Iyoyu....
Gch L Fj... Ya Rsh, Zhlyo...

Ё Б р щ э ф г
Л Й P ё я б и ю ш …

Yobrshchefg
Lj Ryoyabiyush...

Gibberish. The spelling isn't even remotely Slavic, nor like any language I'm familiar with, meaning it's unlikely that it's some other language spelled in Cyrillic. Although. If you wanted to go crazy. The Russian word for fuck can be found several times throughout.

I'd also like to point out I'm transliterating as the alphabet is normally transliterated; for example, the "j" is more equivalent to the English "y"; it's just that in most languages using the Latin alphabet, "j" represents that sound.
Neon_the_Chao
I hate it when game makers half-ass stuff like this.

Oh, well. I still love Riviera. :3
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.