Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Official Riviera help topic
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Riviera > Riviera Game Help
Pages: 1, 2
Vixen1977
Just like on LCN v1, I'm here to help and just like Dr Frasier Crane, I'm listening; or baking cookies :-)
Rosetta
I'd like to achieve an S-rank on Aghart. How would I go about doing this?
Dr Strum
S-Ranking Aghart is fairly easy.
Bring the Diviners, the fire orb, and a potion. You'll only use the potion once though.
Basically, use the fire orb, then keep attacking with Diviners. The fire orb's protection should run out about the time the Aghart uses his Max. Use a potion, then the fire orb again, and continue with the diviners until he's at ~1000 HP, then use Ledah's LVL3EXL. You can (and probably should) use Double Slash a few times to make it quicker.
Rosetta
I usually end with Lost Seraph, but only get an A =/
Dr Strum
Are you doing all of the above?
Including the Fire Orb and Double Slash?
Rosetta
Yep. I think the thing that gets me in the end though is when some attacks of mine miss.
regruBgniK
You should be able to Double Slash every turn with Ein. :x

~regruBgniK
Raijinili
You shouldn't use Fire with Lorelei.
Dr Strum
Obviously.
Rosetta
I really hate it when attacks miss (especially Ledah's), I can now safely say that's what's causing me grief in getting S rank.
return_of_saturn
Hi, I am in Chapter 2. I just got blown away by the black dragon guy in the Sentry Tower Area, but I didnt quest in the area with the bones. now when I go back, I have to fight 3 skeletons. Icant seem to beat them. I have all the abilities i am able to get mastered. can you help?
Malice
use Fia.
Swiyth
so sorry, dude. but if you've already got all the skills you can get and you still can't beat the three skeletons, you s***

^^

yeah, and use Fia. she has good skills.
Oyasumi
i always avoid those skelaton unless u wanna S rank them for 5x silver rapier -.-
blues
I'm going to start my 2nd playthrough soon...after I finish the first..(I just beat malice, in the crystal place) Any tips?
return_of_saturn
i managed to get past them with Linas Arrow Rain, Coral Staff healing and the Einher Jar. Thanks for the help. By the way, do you think I should train Serene?
regruBgniK
Try to S-Rank all the bosses, they give nice one use weapons. ^.^ And try to get a different girl, getting the same one wouldn't be as fun, nya!

Oooh! Don't forget to pick different choices, I mean, taking the same route through the game wouldn't be much fun, now would it?

~regruBgniK
blues
I trained EVERYONE (1st play through). I only S ranked Death, he was TO easy. But Fia is the most logical girl...and I like that. ;_;
Dr Strum
I don't see how someone can't S-Rank Archangel.
Iria's Bow pretty much guarantees an S-Rank.
blues
I completely neglected her overskill that ONE fight.....then I hit myself.
Bit of a stupid question, but does anyone know if it's possible to S-rank Ledah with the Fanelia on my first turn? =<_<=
regruBgniK
Nope. I don't think so, since Fanelia is just a normal attack. But I've never tried....so I don't know for sure.

Sowwy.

~regruBgniK
Nope, it's not. Guess I'll have to resort to my Blue Stingers and Silver Moons and stuff like the everyone else...
blues
I didn't think guests could post...
Dr Strum
Only in the help forums.
regruBgniK
That's very nice, Mr. Sturm. ^.^

~regruBgniK
MoloMowChow
only use the Fanelia for the last boss!!!

You take out 2/3 of his hp...if you use it for anything else, you might have a harder time later.

But other then that, OWNING Ledah in only 1 turn is quite fun actually...take that!
Swiyth
heh. so is using it on Malice. but that would take the fun out of fighting Grim Angels, wouldn't it?

i always thought it would be more fun to just slowly hack away at them ._.
blues
You gotta use the weapon sometime.
MoloMowChow
QUOTE (blues 3 @ Jan 4 2006, 12:06 PM)
You gotta use the weapon sometime.

yeah...the last battle...
regruBgniK
I didn't use it... or Loginus either.... too easy!

~regruBgniK
Yourself
Eh, more of a challenge if you don't use it.

You can maybe use Fanelia on Hades though. That might work.
Dr Strum
You can't use the Fanelia on Hades.
Unless my memory is crap and you actually get the Fanelia for the fight with him. WHICH YOU DON'T.
Yourself
Eh, my memory is crap, not yours. I looked and it doesn't help.
Swifty-chan
What do players get when they S-ranked Hades? And will players be able to get it during 2nd gameplay?
Dr Strum
I don't believe you get anything special for S-Ranking, but for beating him, you get an item that lets you get a powerful weapon early on. Can't remember which one though...
Raijinili
It doesn't LET you get anything.

S-Ranking Hades is for the High Score only.

Beating him gets you Divine Scripture, which you can't even use. You have to start a new game and go to Elendia's Crystal Caverns to pick it up, and all it tells you is how to get the Fanelia, which you would have already known about had you read a walkthrough.
regruBgniK
I love your WSC Avi!!!!!

~regruBgniK
Swifty-chan
QUOTE (Raijinili @ Jan 6 2006, 05:45 PM)
It doesn't LET you get anything.

S-Ranking Hades is for the High Score only.

Beating him gets you Divine Scripture, which you can't even use. You have to start a new game and go to Elendia's Crystal Caverns to pick it up, and all it tells you is how to get the Fanelia, which you would have already known about had you read a walkthrough.

Ahh, then I can relax ^^'
Oyasumi
hhmm... is it possible to get all the 4 orbs on chapter 2?

yeah, i know you get fire orb on chapter 1, and whatever orb you get from those 3 coffins, but is it possible to get all of them?

i manage to get holy orb on chapter 2 >.<
blues
Can someone tell me how to unlock the music section and voice (if it exists), please?
Philosopher
Alright now, I've found about five references to this question, all saying how it's been asked a thousand times, but despite checking all the FAQs and posts I could find, I can't for the life of me find anywhere it's been answered...so I'll ask it again :P

How do I get moldy/burnt bread/meat?
regruBgniK
The coffins don't contain orbs, they have.... *thinks* The Flamberge... Lighting Bow, and Holy Rapier I think.... Something along those lines.

To get the voices, you need to collect the three mushrooms from Ch 3, (if you have the mushroom book, it won't work) and give them to Claude back Elendia! =D

I think you get the Music Sheet from the bottle in Tetyth. (or however ya spell it)

You can get "wet" things by falling in water! Like at one of the first screens in Tetyth, or In Ch 2.

Moldy things ya can get from the evil spores in the Cemetery near the end.

>.< Can't remember burnt though.... ugh. *useless*

~regruBgniK
blues
Ok thank you, backwards BurgerKing.
Raijinili
Burnt is Moldy + Cierra's OD.
Min
I heard that you could get the Valdese Scripture from a shelf in Tethys or whatever it's called, if that helps any. I think it's for the high score. ^.^;;
Just a guest
I'm trying to complete the Item Manual. Two of the items I'm missing are the 2nd bat and the 4th crossbow/bowgun. Where can I get these?
Raijinili
Bat Jr.:
After chapter 2, go to the Magic Circle in Elendia. It won't be there unless you left the room first.

Tri-Shot:
A/B award for Diana's Vassal, the final Archer monster.
Ryu_Dragon_King
How might I go about S-Ranking Ledah? (The first time, so I can get Lorelei.)
Dr Strum
You get a lot (or at least the opportunity for a lot) of ice-based weapons in Mireno Cemetary. Use them. Also: Kill him before he transforms, otherwise it will take much more effort to put him down. He transforms at about 1500 HP, so time it that he takes his turn at 1600-2000, and then pummel him, finishing with a EXL or LVL3.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.