Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dead Space
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Other Games
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
LINK

HOLY FUCK THIS IS CREEPY >________>
Wally
RE4 in space.

I'll totally get it, assuming it doesn't turn out to be a massive piece of crap.
QUOTE(Wally @ Jul 16 2008, 12:19 AM) *

RE4 in space.

Thats what I said!

I hope it's not crappy too.
Irysa
It's by EA.

It's going to suck.

And you have literally no tolerance if you thought that was creepy. Oh look, gore.

Gore isn't scary people. Know what IS scary? Mindfucks.

(PS: RE4 was mediocre)
Wally
Oh wow, it's actually being developed by EA.
QUOTE(Irysa @ Jul 16 2008, 03:12 AM) *

And you have literally no tolerance if you thought that was creepy. Oh look, gore.

I was referring to the singing in the video, but ok.
Irysa
If you meant the contrast, that was offsetting, but hardly creepy.
Then I guess I'm weak minded :(
Irysa
I read the review for this in Xbox World.

I feel absoloutely disgusted and am now officially completely disillusioned with the gaming industry. The game rips off RE4 right down to the fucking shooting gallery, and what's worse, is the direct influence that made Capcom add Gears of War like controls in RE5. I want to fucking strangle someone. I don't want all this crap about weapon quickswaps, quick heals, combat focus, etc in a horror game. I don't want it to be action oriented. You CANNOT make a scary game if it's action orientated. I want bucketloads of atmosphere, horribly incapable characters and enemies that are HARD to kill because you are so pathetic. I do not want the fucking over the shoulder camera permanently, what happened to fixed camera angles or selective cameras?

It's the most pathetic attempt I've ever seen at making an "original" IP, and yet it gets 92/100.

And the biggest plus point on the magazine's list is "Near Perfect Resi 4 Clone"

Why

God

Why

My favourite genres have to always die.
jcdietz03
The marketing people keep saying "a ROGUE team at EA." I have no idea what that means.
Irysa
It's the same team that did the Godfather game, and the Simpsons Game.

:|
Yuka
QUOTE(Irysa @ Oct 2 2008, 02:49 PM) *

My favourite genres have to always die.

Stop liking dying genres.
Irysa
Platformers were not a dying genre.

Survival Horror wasn't a dying genre till RE4 came out.
MrKitty
It looks interesting, I might pick it up.
Wally
QUOTE(Irysa @ Oct 2 2008, 02:49 PM) *

horribly incapable characters and enemies that are HARD to kill because you are so pathetic.

Penumbra is now the best survival horror ever.
Irysa
only the first one.

Second and third have basically nothing but puzzle solving.
Suzu Fujibayashi
I imagine Survival Horror is dying because less and less gamers are liking the idea of you having to run from everything. At least American gamers. Everyone knows the bulk of them like games where you just shoot everything that moves...

I'd never play Dead Space myself. I hate horror games, even movies.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.