Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internet on the DS
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Computeralogical Stuff
fensti
First off, I don't know where this best belongs, so I have put it here. If it needs moving go right ahead.

Someone on another site posted this link.

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/n...zAJ4Bg_m9wlsMLf

According to this, in the somewhat near future, Nintendo is gonna come out with a DS card that will let you use the internet from your DS. Cool, huh?
Dr Strum
That company happens to be called Nintendo, with Opera's assistance (since it will be based on the Opera browser).
And it's spelled "according."
We've been talking about this in the channel, surprised no one posted it...
fensti
I wouldn't know that you guys talked about it there. The only thing that I know of that happen there is Swiyth getting in trouble. :p
valkan
Yep, and it doesn't support Java, Flash, or PDF.
blues
so what CAN you do?
Dr Strum
Everything that doesn't require flash/java.
As in, the important things, because just about everything either Java or Flash on the internet is either crap, a game, or some combination.
fensti
Incoming n00b question...

Are forums run with either of those?

Told you it was a n00b question. :p
Tonfa
They aren't.
fensti
Ok. Thanks. That means I can come here then. :p
blues
ah, ok thanks Sturm.
Dr Strum
What did I do?
blues
You answered my question about what the DS internet can do..right? Or you were saying stuff that it can't do.
Liger
That's pretty cool anyways. I don't have a DS though XD
chilly
That's pretty cool. I think it would be cool if you could use flash/java on it though.
Dr Strum
Nothing involving Flash or Java has ever been worth it.
Irysa
This reminds of an article I read yesterday, about the " dangers " of the DS online capabilitys. Which I found completly ridiculous. HERE it is.
blues
PICTO CHAT. Nintendo said that at release of the ds -_-
Raijinili
Why the hell is she:
1) letting her kid
2) use PictoChat
3) IN A PUBLIC AREA
4) WITHOUT SUPERVISION?

I blame the last generation.
Enzd
What a fantastic comprehension of English for an 11-year old >_> I don't know why people compare them and chat speakers all the time.

Anyway, it was probably just Bill Gates.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.