Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Scans
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Yggdra Union
Dr Strum
For this, you're all going to start posting more and be nicer to each other. Or I will abuse my mod power.

Cover scans:Page scans:
  • 1 (Title page: Fall of Paltina CG)
  • 2 (Story Intro starts)
  • 4 (Geopolitical data starts)
  • 7 (Art/Interview title page: A Ending CG)
  • 8 (Character portraits/status art starts)
  • 25 (Colour sketches start)
  • 26 (as you can see, Kylier was a mime in early designs, unfortunately they failed to keep her mute in the game)
  • 30 (B&W Sketches start)
  • 37 ("Key Visual" start; PSP cover)
  • 38 (PSP back cover)
  • 39 (GBA cover and Soundtrack cover)
  • 40 (SD Milanor and Yggdra, Soundtrack insert art)
  • 41 (Bathscene nonsense)
  • 44 (Interview)
  • 45 (Interview)
  • 46 (Interview)
  • 47 (Interview, more bathscene nonsense)
  • 48 (Some random story information)
  • 49 (System/Scenario title page: C Ending CG)
  • 121 (Data Analysis title page: B Ending CG)
By the way, battlefields with major story events have explanations and in-depth analyses of them (for example, the one for BF43 is titled "Altwaltz" - take a guess what that one talks about).
Keith Kurogane
Hmm, nice!
But, you could save more time by putting it in a compressed folder or something...

I also noticed that your scans are a bit slanted...
Though I have no problems about it, i just informed you...
Archeia
HOLY!!

*Saves them all*
Dr Strum
Only one of them is upsettingly slanted, and the reason the scans are not perfect is because I had to do all fifty of them in the hour before the library closed, and because I've not touched them at all with an image manipulation program.
And no, that would save no time. This allows people to pick and choose what they want (for example, I doubt many people want the interview pages, particularly as they're fully in Japanese).
Irysa
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WY0OE7PO

Entire thing uploaded within a single RAR.
blues
I attempted to upload this to rapidshare and mediafire to give our users other options, but then my computer lied to me and said the zip was only 67 mb when its 142.7 mb.

An hour and thirty minutes later I get a message that mediafire failed (limit is 100 mb) and rapidshare didn't even let me try it (limit is 100 mb).

http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=ZFH7X5CD

Same as Irysa's. I've just put underscores where the spaces were (in the image names) and the images are divided into two subfolders inside of the main "Yggdra Union Art Book" folder.
Feral Phoenix
My eyes must be deceiving me. I thought I saw Sturm telling people to be nice.

Anyway, looked at a few pages (thanks a lot for labeling everything guyz. D:), and I can say I'll have slightly better-quality scans of everything Gulcasa, Nessiah, or Roswell as soon as my copy arrives. In case anyone cares.

Also, from what I can read of the interviews (which admittedly is not much) I'm being proved right about a lot of things.

Yay.

I like being proved right~
Yuka
QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ Apr 21 2008, 01:16 PM) *

My eyes must be deceiving me. I thought I saw Sturm telling people to be nice.

Anyway, looked at a few pages (thanks a lot for labeling everything guyz. D:), and I can say I'll have slightly better-quality scans of everything Gulcasa, Nessiah, or Roswell as soon as my copy arrives. In case anyone cares.

Also, from what I can read of the interviews (which admittedly is not much) I'm being proved right about a lot of things.

Yay.

I like being proved right~

I'd rather have Rhia translate the pages than take your word with a grain of salt. After all, you've been known to read things wrong before.
Suzu Fujibayashi
So Rosary does wear pants! This'll help me immesnely O_O
And totally *NOSEBLEED* at bathing scene page.
Archeia
I'm curious Feral, right about what?
sandpenguin
First time in history that Sturm wants us to make an armistice.....that's truly a can opener eye opener I mean....

Well hehe, the second thing that I wait is the translation.....All those 'syllables'........*faint*......

Wow, THANKS, I MEAN THANKS, ONE MORE THANKS, ANOTHER INCOMING THANKS, MORE THANKS, RECRUITED THANKS, ADD-ONN THANKS AND THANKS FOR UPLOADING THIS STUFF......I WASTED MY TIME JUST TO DOWNLOAD THIS!!!

I can't believe that what I said a few weeks back would come true!!! Thanks again.....
Feral Phoenix
QUOTE(Archeia @ Apr 22 2008, 07:54 AM) *

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Start listening to me more, jerks.
Archeia
That's one thing I have in mind too Feral O.O (I mean I thought of too)
if that's true then wow, 1 speculation proven!
Yuka
QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ Apr 22 2008, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(Archeia @ Apr 22 2008, 07:54 AM) *

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

Start listening to me more, jerks.

Yes, totally ignore the fact that you've been known to read things wrong before.
sandpenguin
I think they're true, because Nessiah is the longest living young looking weirdo who has been stucked in that boring world for 2 thousand years for REVENGE!

Just how in the world can they use the power stored in the card? I'm pondering about it for a few months and it was the blocking stone of my fiction....If we just have to incite it, then little children also can do it....there must be some triggering mechanism.....but what?

(Hey, why they censored the bath scenes? Why, WHY!!!)
jcdietz03
I've decided to start cleaning these.
Here is my first one.
Will someone please check to see if it's okay. I will do more if this first one is okay.
Dr Strum
Don't use media fire because then we can't view them online. And the download failed for me three time so I can't comment.
jcdietz03
Okay, try this.
And if that doesn't work, try this (click image).
IPB Image
Dr Strum
Don't use Megaupload. Don't use any of those file uploading services unless it allows you to view it online (eg, photobucket, imageshack).
Yuka
I don't know why you'd upload a single image to a place like Mediafire or Megaupload anyways. That's just retarded.
mattiator
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Jun 27 2009, 04:20 PM) *

Don't use Megaupload. Don't use any of those file uploading services unless it allows you to view it online (eg, photobucket, imageshack).

Ummm... Sorry to burst the bubble, but Mediafire DOES allow you to post .jpg and (I think) .png images direct from their site.

As an example....

IPB Image
jcdietz03
Okay, I've taken all images through rotate/crop. You can find them at ImageShack. I will continue to work on them 'til done but if anyone else wants to, that's fine too. I will work on these more tomorrow - I would like to check out 1 thru 10 - no one please work on them until 24 hours after this post timestamp.

Some of them didn't need to be rotated or cropped - that's why they are missing.
jcdietz03
Here is the first batch:
Pages 1-5
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Pages 7-11
There's something wrong with the pg#1 link. Please use the one in the post above. Thanks.
jcdietz03
Alright. I've finished.

Pages 12-15
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image
Pages 16-20
Pages 21-25
Pages 26-30
Pages 31-35
Pages 36-40
Pages 41-45

The rest in the next post.
jcdietz03
Pages 46-49 and 121
Front cover, front flap, back cover, back flap
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

*dusts hands*

Sturm,
Please spot check these and put them on the site.
jcdietz03
Sturm says the scans aren't good enough. He's probably right.
One complaint is that they're too blurred. Let's have a look, shall we?
Here's the original image and the cleaned scan above side-by-side:
IPB Image
IPB Image
*Those are blown up to 2x natural resolution*

Well as an experiment, let's try redoing that image with a different method. The one you see above was done with the selective gaussian blur filter. The one below will be done with the GreyCStoration Anisotropic Smoothing filter.
IPB Image
Hmm...
You can see a little bit of leftover moire pattern in this one.

Is that better? Still not good enough? I was looking through the other images - there are some problems with other ones - I'll post about it later.

Note: The three pics in this post are an excerpt of page 2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.