Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So, do anyone where attempt non-fanfiction?
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Fiction
regruBgniK
That would be nice.
Suzu Fujibayashi
The topic title sounds funny. And writing fanfiction is hell of a lot easier then making something original. It really is. <.< *Speaks from personal and ongoing experience*
Enzd
I've had ideas for a non-fanfiction for years, I just can't put them down in a way that they make sense.
regruBgniK
QUOTE(Suzu Fujibayashi @ Feb 19 2008, 06:23 PM) *

The topic title sounds funny. And writing fanfiction is hell of a lot easier then making something original. It really is. <.< *Speaks from personal and ongoing experience*

Well, all the hard stuff is already done in fan fiction.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Basically. Although you can make fanfiction also hard to do! *Again from personal experience*
Ebe
I think all the FUN parts are already done in fanfiction. I love to think up characters and world hooks but to actually type down a coherent sequence of events for them all to function in? No thank ye.
Suzu Fujibayashi
You're telling me. Its awful making the history and everything. Ugh.
regruBgniK
Oh fo sizzle, I made a typo in my titizzle.
chrishawke
I was writing a fiction about a doctor who gets framed by his colleagues. I believe Rai should have faint memory about it.
H. Tsukiyono
I've attempted NaNo three years in a row. Unfortunately, all attempts resulted in the production of a work in progress that will probably remain a work in progress for the foreseeable future. Quite possibly forever.

I do write a decent amount of non-fanfiction. It probably makes up the majority of my writing portfolio, actually, although you'd never be able to tell from how much I've posted on Fictionpress. (Basically nothing.)
Raijinili
I thought up a story and wrote part of it down. It was about a martial artist who gets beaten up by a girl with a prosthetic leg (who was rejected by him as a student after her accident) in a fair fight and then snaps her neck as she's walking away because he got mad that he lost to a person with only one leg so easily. It was supposed to show that even among martial artists, there isn't always honor.

I was lazy and in Asia so I couldn't type it up, and as the days went by I realized more and more how much the story and even the premise sucked.

And now I'm embarRassed to be talking about it.
Irysa
And now I'm embarassed to be talking about it.

Haha, Rai can't spell.
Another Necromancer
I've written up a piece of non-fanfiction, though it's reasonably long (we're talking small novel here). I don't tend to upload things to the net very often, but I'm quite happy to pass it around for reading.

@Feral: If you read this, yes, I'm talking about that one. And I've updated it.
valkan
Hmm....

Not really on topic. Time to dust off the old mod powers...
Rhiannon
OBJECTION

This is Fiction forum, not Fan-fiction! I remembered making sure it wasn't limited to just fanfiction when the forum was created! SO I'M UNDOING WHAT YOU JUST DID VAL AS MUCH AS I LOVE YOU
Megaolix
Edit: Oops, misunderstood teh subject. My bad.

Well, I do create originals stories in my mind sometimes... But I don't want to put the effort of writing an original story.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.