Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Debatable
Lacrima Castle > Other Stuff > Miscellaneous
Raijinili
Millions of female high school girls are equally brilliant in both the natural sciences (and math), and the arts (including literature and poetry, and music). However, they're not sure which of the two they would want to pursue. You happen to be in a position to give a little push one way or the other. Which one would you choose?

No one-liners, please.

This might be relevant to your decision: http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/1999...athpath210.html
Ebe
Western civilization has enough atom bombs and rocket cars, what we need is a culture that consists of more than just cheap beer, emocore, and bling.

I vote the arts, though technically people should try to make themselves as well-rounded as possible, as this creates new opportunities for creativity in combining the skills of multiple fields.
jcdietz03
Well, even if they have talents in both, I would advise to pick whichever one personally interests them more.

Because they're more likely to be successful at something they enjoy.
Irysa
Both.
regruBgniK
QUOTE(Irysa @ Feb 19 2008, 12:46 AM) *

Both.

One way or the other.

I'd say to the arts, as girls can't do science or math.
Raijinili
QUOTE(jcdietz)
Well, even if they have talents in both, I would advise to pick whichever one personally interests them more.
You beat the system!

Oh wait: "However, they're not sure which of the two they would want to pursue. You happen to be in a position to give a little push one way or the other."
QUOTE(Burger)
I'd say to the arts, as girls can't do science or math.
1) I said that they're equally good at both.
2) The link contradicts your statement.
Shadow
Arts.
I think girls tend to have more inspiration when it comes to this.
Or at least the girls I know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.