Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Bowl 2008
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Entertainment - Other Forms > Movies and Television
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
I'm just wondering if I've got any football fans here. I'm pushing for the Packers to win the Super Bowl, but the way the Patriots are playing, I don't see it happening.

And in other News:
Randy Moss assulted his girlfriend?!

Do you think he did it?

Also, do you think Rivers ( Chargers QB ) will be ready to take on the Pats?

Discuss.
Raijinili
http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=26120
jcdietz03
I live in Boston (Framingham to be exact). Go Pats!

News flash: Green Bay lost. The Pats will play the NY Giants, the #5 seed. You might want to edit your post.

I wonder if there has ever been a case where the #1 seed played the #10 seed in the Super Bowl.

Did he do it? Not likely. Moss claims his GF made the claim b/c of money reasons which I see as VERY plausible. He could have done it, but not too likely IMHO.

Rivers didn't play too well. They were talking at the halftime show (w/ the score 14-9) how he wasn't playing well, and they should bring out the backup QB for the second half. I think the panel was split 2/2 on the issue (Rivers vs. the backup). Rivers played the whole game in the end. We'll never know how it would've turned out if they chose the backup.

With the Pats, it usually goes: You're behind a little at the half, and you're behind more at the end of the game.

The Pats JUST BEAT the NY Giants 3 weeks ago, by 3 pts (38-35). They can probably do it again.
QUOTE(Raijinili @ Jan 21 2008, 01:46 AM) *

I love you.

That was the best video ever.

EVER.

Yup. The damn Giants won. I lost money because of this :(
Anyway, there is no way in hell Eli Manning is beating Tom Brady. I've beat on the Patriots as well. Knowing my luck, the fucking Giants are going to win >_>
chrishawke
Eli and the Giants have been getting better and better since the beginning of the season, so I doubt the Pats are gonna run them over like cheese. Hell, ever since I saw that Week 17 game, the Giants might give the Pats a run for their money again.
That's what I'm hoping for: A good game. I'm still hoping to Patriots win because I have $200 on it.
chrishawke
I was actually hoping for a Colts vs. Giants Superbowl game so the Mannings can duke it out.
jcdietz03
QUOTE(Lord Rasler @ Jan 22 2008, 03:09 PM) *

That's what I'm hoping for: A good game. I'm still hoping to Patriots win because I have $200 on it.
Don't bet $$ you can't afford to lose. If you win, how much will you win. If it's $200, you're lucky.

Did you hear about the tom brady foot cast. link
QUOTE(chrishawke @ Jan 23 2008, 03:57 PM) *

I was actually hoping for a Colts vs. Giants Superbowl game so the Mannings can duke it out.

That would have been epic fail. Payton would have crushed Eli.

Don't bet $$ you can't afford to lose. If you win, how much will you win. If it's $200, you're lucky.

Who said I can't afford it? We bet each other $200, so thats $400 in total.
jcdietz03
Well considering the spread is 12 pts, I would say you got the better end of the deal :)
Yeah.

Knowing my luck however, the fucking Giants are going to win 42 to 0 >_>
chrishawke
The game begins.

GO GIANTS!
aerozero
Bastards ate all the pizza ;_;

GO GIANTS!
Yuka
QUOTE(aerozero @ Feb 3 2008, 07:18 PM) *

Bastards ate all the pizza ;_;

Kill them. Kill them now.
Rhiannon
The people who live above me are being VERY LOUD because of this.
chrishawke
The old men can still play.

Nice solo on Running Down a Dream.
Greifer
Tom Petty is still good.

My stepmom is yelling at the damn television because the Patriots are losing or something.
chrishawke
THAT'S IT! GAME OVER! UPSET OF THE YEAR!

And the Giants take it home.
aerozero
I didn't think they could do it near the end, it was a great game.
Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME!?!?

I just lost 200$ fucking dollars! Damn you Giants, damn you to hell!

Anyway...

The game was a defensive showdown. The Giants put pressure on Brady all game. It's a shame however. The Patriots has one of the greatest seasons in NFL history, but it ended 18-1. Thats all people are going to remember now.
Enzd
Ew, gambling.
QUOTE(Enzd @ Feb 4 2008, 01:58 PM) *

Ew, gambling.

:(

It was friendly betting...
DustyHaru
I tihnk I succumbed to a new level of fail :(

I watched the first 5 seconds of the game and last 5 seconds.
The rest was me playing SSBM

-Dusty
Leyviur
HAHAHA @ THE PATRIOTS
jcdietz03
Can't win them all I guess.
(Patsfan)
Leyviur
I was getting tired of them being called the 'best team ever.'

Finally something knocks them (and the fans) down a peg.
chrishawke
As far as I know on my side, most Patriots fans are bandwagons, since they weren't fans of them before. I'd like to see their faces now that their so-called "favorite team" lost.
jcdietz03
Only the very shakiest of fans will lose faith over just one loss, even if it is in the super bowl.

Lots of bandwagon fans lose faith over just one losing season. I'm sure there will be mad amounts of fans at Gillette stadium next year on opening day. There will probably be a lot fewer fans if say, they lose their first five games.
I'm not a fan of either team. I grow up a Ravens fan. My dad loved the Ravens, so it rubbed off on me. I was rooting for the Gaints. I hated the Patriots with a bloody passion.
aerozero
Then why did you bet on the Patriots and not the Giants?
I didn't think the Giants would win...
chrishawke
Goes to show you that nothing's a guarantee.
I see that now.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.