Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those who can or can't vote
Lacrima Castle > Other Stuff > Miscellaneous
lilcases
With the elections coming up,who would you vote for and why?
Yuka
Ralph, just because I don't like anyone running in the race.
Enzd
Hillary, because...

I don't know. I like her hair?

Edit: OH AND I THINK BILL CLINTON IS FUNNY.
Raijinili
Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton
jcdietz03
Does that mean you want Clinton? Also why?

Hillary, because...

This is why our country is -> toilet. You should pick the candidate you like best by answering the following question:
Which candidate most closely believes what I believe?
Another important consideration is this question:
Does my candidate have a reasonable chance of being elected.

Your answer to the OP question should be based on your answer to the above 2 questions.

Ralph, just because I don't like anyone running in the race.
So, from Yuka's post, I can tell he thinks all candidate views are very different from his, which is why he doesn't like any candidate.
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
I want Obama to win, but I think Hilary is going to win.
Raijinili
It means that "Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton" would be funny.
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
Yes it would.
jcdietz03
Rai: Who do u want and why? Do u care?

Yeah, well Clinton and Obama are very similar in their viewpoints and both of them have a reasonable chance of getting elected soo,,, You need to move on to other factors in that case...

I want Obama too b/c I believe he is less dishonest than Clinton. I was going to say "more honest" but "honest politician" is an oxymoron (doesn't make sense). Also, tired of GWBush. Another Republican just won't do it for me. Let's not forget to mention that McCain is almost a carbon copy of Bush in terms of issue stances.

Sorry Enzd, your post is just too classic. I have to quote it again:
Hillary, because...

I say Shana (from Shakugan no Shana) for president. Why??
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z22/jcdietz03/4.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z22/jcdietz03/6.jpg
I LIKE HER HAIR

/me figured out how to do frame capture in his media player
Raijinili
I won't answer until I get my answer.
aerozero
If Colbert ran for President, I'd vote for him. >_>

P.P.A.
I still find American democracy weird. There are only just 2 parties (as opposed to 10-20 here), and the president has actually power instead of just representing his party? Weird.
aerozero
There are more parties, but they lack the money, publicity, and power to successfully run against the Republicans and Democrats.
Irysa
Ron Paul
Enzd
QUOTE(jcdietz03 @ Jan 15 2008, 07:37 PM) *

Hillary, because...

This is why our country is -> toilet. You should pick the candidate you like best by answering the following question:

Your answer to the OP question should be based on your answer to the above 2 questions.

Okay, I'll answer those questions.

1. I don't believe anything so I don't give a damn.
2. Yes.

Happy? I'm not even old enough to vote yet (although it's coming close) so I don't think I have to worry about what the candidates believe, or even what they're offering. I COULD, but I don't want to. When I am old enough and have a chance to vote, my decision is going to be based off of serious thought. Now leave me alone, forever.

jcdietz03
Happy?
Yes, thanks, that answer was satisfactory.
I won't answer until I get my answer.
Seriously, what a troll. If there was an ignore feature on this forum I would use it.
Yuka
You obviously don't know the meaning of trolling.
jcdietz03
An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response. (wikipedia.com)

It obviously worked... (Refer to emo response above)

Its up to you whether you think it's my fault or his...

Back on topic plz.
Raijinili
You post that poor people wouldn't be so poor if they didn't make bad decisions. I ask if you're blaming the poor people for making bad decisions. You dodge the question, and then ignore me. Who's the troll?
jcdietz03
Ignoring means I don't want to answer your question. I don't make a post saying "I don't want to answer your question" cuz that would be trolling. Not posting is always safe and is never considered trolling. How could you provoke a response by NOT posting? You generally troll by making up a provocative post.

Also, my reply to your original question would probably seen by the admin as a legitimate attempt to answer the question, and therefore isn't trolling. If you disagree, the little "report" link is waiting for you below that post...

I didn't "report" your post in this thread b/c I think I don't have a very strong case. If I was 100% sure it would be considered trolling by the admin, I would've reported it.

Oh - and Romney/Clinton won Michigan for those who care. Clinton doesn't count b/c she was the only one on the ballot. She doesn't get credit for the victory b/c Michigan went early in primary voting. Therefore the national democratic convention pulled the Michigan votes.
Yuka
You called him a troll, dodged the question, and still don't reply. It sounds to me like you're the troll here.
Frisk
QUOTE(Enzd @ Jan 16 2008, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(jcdietz03 @ Jan 15 2008, 07:37 PM) *

Hillary, because...

Happy? I'm not even old enough to vote yet (although it's coming close) so I don't think I have to worry about what the candidates believe, or even what they're offering. I COULD, but I don't want to. When I am old enough and have a chance to vote, my decision is going to be based off of serious thought.

Same here.
Raijinili
I don't trust my own knowledge and judgement enough to decide this country's future.
aerozero
hahaha, I don't either, that's why we supposedly have the Electoral College.
P.P.A.
Make me the president of Germany. Or better the king of the world.
jcdietz03
A good reason not to vote is when you know you have no chance to influence the outcome of the election.

Even if I had 100 friends and I could convince them to all vote for my candidate, it wouldn't matter. Since I live in Massachusetts (a heavily democratic/liberal state) no matter which way me and my 100 friends vote, it's certain the Democratic candidate (for president) will win, at least in this state.

It's rare though to have an election where every office you elect is like this. You have a reasonable chance of affecting the outcome (with your 100 friends) for offices that are not statewide, such as congressman.
Raijinili
If everyone thought that way, then yes, it would be pointless.
Enzd
QUOTE(jcdietz03 @ Jan 15 2008, 09:51 PM) *
I say Shana (from Shakugan no Shana) for president. Why??
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z22/jcdietz03/4.jpg
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z22/jcdietz03/6.jpg
I LIKE HER HAIR

She is a fictional character and thus cannot be a presidential candidate.

So there.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.