Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Web Browser?
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Computeralogical Stuff
jcdietz03
My favorite is Firefox. Why? I don't know.

The first one I ever used was NCSA Mosaic. That one was good because of novelty (hyperlinking and everything). So fast forward a bit and...

I was using internet explorer 6. IE6 sucks. Its rendering engine is molasses slow. So along came Firefox. I downloaded it, installed it, and found that it rendered the pages much faster. So I pretty much stuck with that ever since. They didn't have tabbed browsing in the first version of Firefox I tried (I think). That is one of the features I like best about today's browsers. All of them have it, so there's no need to mention it. I also like the bookmark feature... Again no differences between the browsers there.

Calling all Macintosh users: Yes, I know your system comes with a decent web browser (unlike windows systems). You don't need to brag about it.
Raijinili
Adblock
All-in-One Gestures
Chatzilla
DownloadHelper
DownlThemAll!
FireFTP
Greasemonkey
IE Tab
Long Titles
PDF Download
Session Manager
Tabbrowser Preferences

Those are my extensions.
Rhiannon
Actually, I'm of the opinion that Safari is lame. Not as lame as IE, but still lame.

Firefox is the best in most situations, and I'd say it's my favorite, but I use Opera on Macs because Firefox sadly sucks for them. :( It's great on everything else, though.
chrishawke
Favorite browser? Firefox. But I use Camino on my iMac.
blues
Safari is lame compared to many other Mac alternatives for browsers. I've used Safari, Camino, Firefox, Shiira, IE mac ( I wanted to know what it looked like, too bad that right after I installed it it froze), and Opera. Firefox is my favourite, I use Camino though, its better for my mac.
Walrus
Walrus uses Firefox, because IE looked too gray, and tabs are relevant to my interests.
Rosetta
I prefer Firefox. However, from what I have heard and seen, Firefox 3 will actually look decent on Macs. Now it's just a matter of time before they actually release the darn thing.
CATGUN
1.Netscape
2.Internet explorer
3.firefox
Yuka
HOW IS IE BEFORE FIREFOX IE IS SO UNSAFE
Enzd
It's CATGUN, Sauce. Let him live in his own little world.

Anyway, Firefox. I only ever use IE to access those silly websites that don't work on Firefox, and I rarely ever go to those sorts of sites.
Rosetta
It's up to the user. If they like IE, then they'll use IE. I may not like the browser, but if someone else does then I don't mind too much.
CATGUN
Why I list them like that here's my reason:
1.Ie much faster.
2.Firefox safe but slower than ie.
3.Netscape is fast and much reliable when I am searching for stuff like rpg maker.
4.Firefox is only useful to me when my computer suddenly doesn't have internet connection.
5.each browser to me has it's own use so I list them from the most browser that I use.

Happy?
Yuka
No. I find Firefox to be equally fast, if not faster, than IE. How is Firefox useful to you when you lack an internet connection?

I've never tried Netscape, though.
Mr. Sirius
I think I can answer. If he's in an unstable connection area and it disconnects, he can still view the pages by pressing Backspace, while most other browsers would reload the page on the press, thereby "losing" the information.

I better answer the question, though.

1) Firefox
2) Lolifox (lol)
Raijinili
Firefox has memory problems when you add extensions. Is that it?
Enzd
I used Netscape for a while before, and it was alright I guess. I don't know if it's any safer than IE though...
Megaolix
I use Firefox. Why? Because I tried it and found myself liking it. That's all.
Archeia
Firefox works better to me :P
The Angel of Ruin
Safari on School MAC's, they blocked IE and FF on them. Either one on the School PC's, depends on the room I'm in and which program is being a pain on the current day. IE on my home comp, I'm too lazy to download FF and I like the version of IE on my new comp
Raijinili
Safari's good enough for school Macs. The real power of Firefox is in its extensions, and extensions are only for personal use.

I use Firefox, with IETab and All-In-One Gestures to get everything I want from other browsers (except for the memory issue) but I'm using Opera for some downloads now because Firefox doesn't know how to resume downloads (at least not consistently).
Mr. Sirius
Firefox with IE-tab, Adblock Plus, and Download Toolbar.
Lolifox with Adblock Plus and Download Toolbar.
Dragstik
Firefox. Why?
Because I can download YouTube videos with it!
That and it doesn't fill my computer with viruses, unlike IE.
Chaos
I use Safari. I only use Firefox when I want to download YouTube videos.

There's apparently a Firefox-style web browser for Macs called Camino, I might have to try that out...

EDIT: It's... meh. I started with Safari and staying with Safari. I also picked up Parallels and I'm using Internet Explorer for the moment.
sandpenguin
Firefox suits me, although the loading is a bit slow, but it have the EXTENSIONS and ADD-ONS capabilities, which makes the IE useless (For me)

Ad-Block, NOScript, Flashgot (If you have download manager), User Agent Switcher are among the best of the add-ons around.

After all, there are many security holes in IE....Windows lack the initiative to update it up regularly.....what a waste.
jcdietz03
If you think Firefox is free of security holes, you are wrong.

There is a general perception though, that Firefox is more secure. I think that is correct.
Astraea
I think Firefox is waaay faster than IE.

I love the Firefox add-ons, especially the themes. Makes my browser cuter ^_^
Crimson Courege
Firefox: I find it faster better more user friendly and less bugs, plus whenever I close the application i can return to the tabs by saving them

Opera: same as Firefox except I don't have to save every installer before using them unlike Firefox, also works as a bit torrent client

Safari: Simplistic gets the job done only problem is no customizable themes or plugins

IE isn't on the list because i find that it suck cant open multiple tabs before it crashes (very important to me because i multitask) tabs only became recent, EXTREMELY unsafe gave me viruses once
H. Tsukiyono
Firefox. The logo's better than IE's.
Lux
I like Firefox and Safari.

Has anyone tried out Google Chrome?
Neon_the_Chao
I'm gonna be lame and say Internet Explorer. I haven't tried FireFox, but now I want to because everyone here says they love it. ;)

QUOTE(Lux @ Nov 2 2008, 05:53 PM) *

Has anyone tried out Google Chrome?

No, I want to, though.
Lux
I miss Firefox 2. 3 is seriously a resource hog.

WHERE DID ALL MY PRECIOUS LITTLE RAMS GO?

Dr Strum
What? FF3 uses less RAM than FF2.
Lux
Not for me.

Uses 60-70% of my 2GB.
Dr Strum
There's something wrong with your Firefox. Perhaps a shitton of shitty extensions?
I have nineteen tabs open right now (usually) and it's only using 180/1024MB. Hell, even with the virtual memory (700MB) it's still using less than yours.
Midnight
Firefox > Safari > Internet Explorer
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.