Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yggdra Union for PSP!
Lacrima Castle > Site Boards > Announcements
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Rhiannon
As some of you are probably already aware because of this thread, Sting is remaking Yggdra Union for the Playstation Portable. There will be new characters (not necessarily playable), at least one animated cutscene, new events, and improved graphics. In addition to that, it is now possible to have eight units in a clash. It is currently planned to be released on January 24th.

The official site.
Yuka
Sting lacks the ability to make original works now. ALRIGHT STING!
Rhiannon
At least it isn't another Riviera remake. :( I'm tired of Riviera.
aerozero
I hope they place actual detailed character sprites on the battlefield in the remake, instead of those tiny Fire Emblem like things.
Suzu Fujibayashi
I believe the 'eight units' in a clash is merely extending the battle screen back a bit more. You see... Four? On screen but if you see in a critical hit you see more then four...

Or something like that. And judging from the few screenshots the graphics are improved a lot... Like Yggdra's battle sprite looks like her, rather then her getting a magical wardrobe change.

Although, imo, her magical wardrobe change looks hell of a lot more battle-useable then her dress.
Irysa
QUOTE(aerozero @ Oct 5 2007, 04:36 AM) *

I hope they place actual detailed character sprites on the battlefield in the remake, instead of those tiny Fire Emblem like things.

Too many models on the screen at the same time tbh. D:
Shadow
That running Yggdra is <3
Megaolix

Why the heck to they remake everything on PSP...
aerozero
Because most Game companies don't want to put in the resources to make a good, original, game for the PSP
SyphonVectorman
(: Cool is all I can say.
Suzu Fujibayashi
PSP is the vulture of the games... It waits until a game is long dead, picks at the carcass and then makes it anew... By changing a few things around.
aerozero
haha if you're an optimist the PSP is like a Phoenix, bringing long lost, dead games back to life and if you're a pessimist, it's a vulture. =)

The PSP does have good original games, contrary to popular belief.
Shadow
I WANT MOAR JELLY SPRITES
Suzu Fujibayashi
I'm a pessimist because I refuse to buy a PSP regardless of what game they revive and steal from another company.
Yuka
And if they come out with an original?
Raijinili
So if the PSP gets a game, it's stealing. If the DS gets Final Fantasy remakes, it's IN YOUR FACE SONY?
Irysa
QUOTE(Suzu Fujibayashi @ Oct 6 2007, 06:35 AM) *

PSP is the vulture of the games... It waits until a game is long dead, picks at the carcass and then makes it anew... By changing a few things around.

Stop whining. We already covered this in the other thread. Your precious DS is not somehow above porting.
I'm a pessimist because I refuse to buy a PSP regardless of what game they revive and steal from another company.
Then you have no right to comment.
Yuka
QUOTE(Raijinili @ Oct 8 2007, 12:45 AM) *

So if the PSP gets a game, it's stealing. If the DS gets Final Fantasy remakes, it's IN YOUR FACE SONY?

All Final Fantasy remakes suck, in my opinion. Except Final Fantasy III, because that wasn't released anywhere except Japan.
Suzu Fujibayashi
My dislike of PSP is obvious.

I just hate it. So when it takes a game I love and cherish, I hate it more.
Irysa
Get a job, get both and stop being a fanboy.
P.P.A.
QUOTE(Sauce XIV @ Oct 8 2007, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(Raijinili @ Oct 8 2007, 12:45 AM) *

All Final Fantasy remakes suck, in my opinion. Except Final Fantasy III, because that wasn't released anywhere except Japan.

I liked Final Fantasy 1 Dawn of Souls for GBA. :(
Rhiannon
It's not TAKING a game you like, it's GETTING. Sting chose to put it on the PSP, it didn't magically grow arms, take Yggdra in by her hair and imprison her there for all eternity. It's not like you'll never be able to play the GBA version ever again just because this remake is being made.

If you're upset because of the extra features and such, look at it this way: RiviPSP was MUCH less smooth than RiviGBA because the voices had to load all the time. Eternal Sonata on the PS3 will have to be played with an inferior controller. Valkyrie Profile had loading times on the PSP that it never had on the PS. There's going to be something people will complain about that you probably won't want to deal with. Think of the GAME, not the fancy new sprites.

More importantly, the official site is now open. GO LOOK AND REMIND ME HOW MUCH KYLIER'S VOICE SUCKS.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Would you like reminders every half day, or once an hour Rhia? :D
I'm just gonna be peeved if anything cool happens in this remake... Although it'll fade given I'm gonna make someone tell me any new parts of the story that may or may not be revealed.
Frisk
I really need to get a PSP, but I'm totally broke.

Kylier's voice sucks.
Feral Phoenix
Th-the new sprites are reeeeally cute. *_*

Now I'm glad I bought RiviPSP. Once I get this and Jeanne d'Arc, I will not be buying a PSP for just one game.

Holy crap they better publicize that opening movie soon. I want screencaps. @_@
Yuka
QUOTE(Rhiannon @ Oct 9 2007, 09:04 AM) *

It's not TAKING a game you like, it's GETTING. Sting chose to put it on the PSP, it didn't magically grow arms, take Yggdra in by her hair and imprison her there for all eternity. It's not like you'll never be able to play the GBA version ever again just because this remake is being made.

If you're upset because of the extra features and such, look at it this way: RiviPSP was MUCH less smooth than RiviGBA because the voices had to load all the time. Eternal Sonata on the PS3 will have to be played with an inferior controller. Valkyrie Profile had loading times on the PSP that it never had on the PS. There's going to be something people will complain about that you probably won't want to deal with. Think of the GAME, not the fancy new sprites.

More importantly, the official site is now open. GO LOOK AND REMIND ME HOW MUCH KYLIER'S VOICE SUCKS.

I like how every bad thing in terms of ports in your examples are on Sony consoles. Nice way to break your own argument.
Rhiannon
I was trying to say that ports often have issues that interfere with normal gameplay... The company is irrelevant to my argument.
Irysa
QUOTE(Sauce XIV @ Oct 9 2007, 09:26 PM) *

I like how every bad thing in terms of ports in your examples are on Sony consoles. Nice way to break your own argument.

I like how you say you hate Rai's incessant bickering and adopt its tactics. Nearly any game ported from a console to a PC/Mac had issues or worse controls. Virtual Console has its fair share of fuck ups in its emulation. Ports upon Ports to any console from any company can be worse than usual. Perfect ports are a rarity, stop being an idiot and poking at Sony. They're not a BAD company. Just because the PS3 is overpriced and has hardly any good games going for it doesn't make it free season on them.

And before you say it, I hate Sony.
Yuka
I'm unfamiliar with ports for PC/Macs and I don't do Virtual Console games. I just emulate them.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Gulcasa's new music is cool. Sounds better then the MP3 version of the GBA. Too bad no loops. Now too... *Shudder* Listen to voices
EDIT:
I like Yggdra and Gulcasa's. Milanor's seems... Just not right. I mean, it's bareable but... Just seems off.
AMG THEY BETTER NOT SCREW OVER ROSARY. And now I can figure out how old she is... I've been assuming 19.
Rhiannon
Er... Gulcasa doesn't have new music.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Well... Not 'new' so much as 'sounds crisper and clearer'.
And did anyone else notice it seems the HP has been increased higher. In the Witch's profile, it shows Rosary and her HP is listed as 7.
Rhiannon
Actually, it's on the PAC+.

And yeah, we noticed that. In fact, Chef posted about it in the other thread and I posted about it in this thread. :(
Suzu Fujibayashi
I wasn't paying attention :(
Just like RE4 I guess Sony whips out the EZ-mode or something. :P Seems large units get the short end of the stick with only an increase of 1 HP.

Also anyone know the names of the seiryuus? I can't read their names, given the kanji.

And $5 says I mispelled the word for voice actor.
Rhiannon
Well, what's wrong with just saying voice actors?

Yggdra: Mai Nakahara
Milanor: Miyuki Sawashiro
Gulcasa: Hiroaki Miura
Durant: Atsushi Kisaichi
Nietzsche: Ai Maeda
Kylier: Yui Sakakibara
Emilia: Ai Nonaka
Russell: Takehiko Watanabe
SyphonVectorman
QUOTE(Rhiannon @ Oct 9 2007, 08:04 AM) *

Do you get to hear her voice on the site?

I dunno, I guess I so can't see them.. Or hear them, or something.. OK.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Where did you hear all those!? I could only find Yggdra, Milanor, Gulcasa on the site itself although I heard Durant's and a Knight's in the videos... And briefly Aegina.

*Goes to see if she knows any of those*

EDIT:
AH-HA! I knew Yggdra sounded familiar! But never knew it was TEANA... Hmmm.

EDIT2:
Of the females, I know two of them. Not too bad... I could look up the guys but... Eeeeh. But where did you find this out Rhia!?
Rhiannon
There's a list of voice actors in the Information section. Did you think I figured all of that out just by listening? :( I'm only familiar enough with a few Japanese voice actors to recognize them just by hearing their voice.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Well... I didn't know that. And I can't read kanji or I would've known myself. And I cheated. I looked them up on the Wiki.
Irysa
QUOTE(Sauce XIV @ Oct 9 2007, 11:21 PM) *

I'm unfamiliar with ports for PC/Macs and I don't do Virtual Console games. I just emulate them.
You're just as bad as Suzu then. Ignorance doesn't mean you can try to write off one system for not having perfect ports.
Feral Phoenix
Hauuu~. :/ Hiroaki Miura's name sounds familiar. What other stuff has he done?

A-and giving a seventeen-year-old a female seiyuu...? WTF Sting...

I hope they give Nessiah someone good...
Suzu Fujibayashi
It's real common to give a female seiyuu to a young sounding male... As for Hiroaki, Wiki fails to tell me anything so... Google it?
Yuka
This is not Japan; there will be no seiyuu.
SyphonVectorman
Nessiah's sounded a bit weird.. o:

Oh well, it's not bad, but, ok... Uh... Yeah.

Uhhh.. Yeahs.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Did they add new voices or something or is this all on the Info page? :x
@Sauce:
But this is the japanese release, so therefore the correct term is indeed seiyuu.
Yuka
This is an English-speaking board, so therefore the correct term is not seiyuu.
Irysa
QUOTE(Suzu Fujibayashi @ Oct 11 2007, 02:07 AM) *
@Sauce:
But this is the japanese release, so therefore the correct term is indeed seiyuu.

............................................________
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,
.........................,/...............................................”:,
.....................,?......................................................\,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:”........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\
Suzu Fujibayashi
I suppose. But it feels wrong to call the japanese voice actors not seiyuu when it's the correct term in this case... But I'm stubborn and use japanese so I won't forget it =/

@Chaos:
DON'T YOU /facepalm ME DD:
Irysa
But seiyuu ISN'T the correct term in this case. You are not speaking Japanese. All seiyuu means is voice actor/actress, it doesn't mean Japanese voice actor/actress.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Eh. I'm picky like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.