Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Localization changes
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Riviera
Leyviur
Atlus could've just copied and pasted their GBA translation into this game. But they didn't, and instead retranslated parts of the game. Note any that you've found while playing. So far I have:

- In Lacrima Castle, the Vampire's conversation with Lina about spanking her has been changed to the original conversation about her titty size. Hooray for sexual innuendo.

- The Book of Kirie has been retranslated to Book of Kylier, in accordance with the YU character.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Going off the name change to Book of Kylier, could we then reasonably assume that the Mizell Bridge will be renamed into Mizer Bridge and any of the other translations that may or may not have anything to do with YU be used?

I can't recall all of them.
P.P.A.
QUOTE(Leyviur @ Jul 15 2007, 06:13 PM) *

- In Lacrima Castle, the Vampire's conversation with Lina about spanking her has been changed to the original conversation about her titty size. Hooray for sexual innuendo.

So that scene finally makes sense.
Feral Phoenix
They had a screenshot of that on the Atlus site, namely of Lina going "...Flatty...?" with that "wait, huh?" face.

You know, in the WSC version, Lina DID actually have boobs...

And yay for Kylier getting more love.
Irysa
Oh dear god. You're going to make me buy this game already.
Leyviur
Mizel Bridge is still Mizel Bridge.
Rune_Ocarina
Archangel's S ranked drop is called Ancardia, which I was sure it wasn't called that in the GBA version. Cierra's attack with it is also called Ragna Paltina. Was that in the GBA version cause I can't find my RiviGBA...
Yuka
S-Ranking Archangel in GBA Riviera gave something that I believe had the name of the Saint Scepter, Cierra's skill with it was called Sacrament.

LCN RiviGBA Item Lists for the win.
Feral Phoenix
Oh kickass. ^_^

Dammit I need $4... >_<;; Waaaaant~~~
Yuka
Serene's move with the Death Scythe, Nightmare Chill, is now called Nightmare Fridge.

NIGHTMARE FRIDGE~
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
Nightmare Fridge...right.
Rune_Ocarina
I'm pretty sure it was Lina's Barrage attack that was changed into Gatling Shot.
Feral Phoenix
Is Cierra still played by Vanessa Morley?

The only RiviGBA VA who I ever confirmed... boo. I swear she only got the part for her "Awwww..."

And has Fia's move with Saint Scepter Ancardia (*_*) changed names as well?
aerozero
I'm pretty sure Cierra is voiced by Michelle Ruff.
Rhiannon
I'm also pretty sure. I think we were lied to when we were told that most of the old actors returned, though.

Ein: Yuri Lowenthal
Fia: Wendee Lee
Lina: Melissa Fahn
Serene: Brianne Siddall
Cierra: Michelle Ruff

Fia's skill is still Angel Cure. AND IT'S NIGHT SCYTHE SAUCE
aerozero
Ledah- Lex Lang I think...
Yuka
We're kind of divided on Malice's voice though, since there's like apparently four people who sound the same :/
Feral Phoenix
*squaremouth*

They gave SERENE to BRIANNE SIDDALL?!

... ... ... ...

(And as long as Michelle Ruff is more Cierra-ish than Vanessa Morley, I don't care. Tough girl voice =/= Cierra.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.