Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RiviPSP is out
Lacrima Castle > Site Boards > Announcements
Leyviur
Yeah, I'm surprised too.

Go get it.
P.P.A.
Crap. My birthday is tomorrow, but I didn't remember putting a PSP on the list. D:

EDIT: No, wait. Now I'm actually happy I didn't: PSP Lite confirmed!
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
PSP Lite...what a waste. I saw the E3 that showed it. WOW! 33% lighter! AND OMG! 19% thinner!

I could care less. The older PSP I have still works for me.

On Topic: I'm in the process of getting it today. By "process", i mean finding a ride to get to GameStop>_>
aerozero
The only thing that attracts me to the new PSP is the HD Video Output (allows you to play games and watch movies on a TV).
Lloyd Seegymont the Rasier
Sure. But why can't I shake the feeling this has been done before...OH WAIT! Super GameBoy anyone>_>
Feral Phoenix
I would be sooo much happier about this news IF I HAD MORE THAN $16 USD TO MY NAME RIGHT NOW.
Leyviur
Get a job?
Takeru-kun
That was fast.
Enexodia Forbiddensia
Didn't expect it to be released soon ^^ But PSP and UMD's are terribly expensive here O.O; Its prices are the same as our one week grocery...
blues
Waiting for Gamestop to stock up. PSP lite is irrelevent, and I'm not talking about it being off topic.
Enzd
I might get RiviPSP in... in... A COUPLE OF WEEKS. :(

Also, STUPID PSP LITE. That's it.

lilcases
PsP light, Hey! That sounds familar. *points to ds light*

Anyway I just came back from buying the game, the wierd thing was I didnt have to reserve the game to have it in stock like the gba version.
Greifer
*lite*, cases.

Anyway, I picked it up and so far I'm in Nelde. The jello sprites still bother me, but not to the point that I won't play it. The Gametop where I live had like 4 copies in.

Also, I now consider Serene #2, after Soala.

Finally, the PSP lite is probably unnecessary, but I do like the one they had on G4. The white Darth Vader one.
P.P.A.
I know Sony does not allow PSP imports/exports. But does that also apply for ebay sellers? I consider securing a copy and then getting a PSP sometime later...
aerozero
They don't care about games, just console importing.
P.P.A.
They do, aerozero, they do.
I just checked Play-Asia, they don't ship PSP games to Europe.
aerozero
QUOTE(P.P.A. @ Jul 14 2007, 01:42 PM) *

They do, aerozero, they do.
I just checked Play-Asia, they don't ship PSP games to Europe.

Ah, now that I think about it, my friend from Europe was importing a PS2 game not a PSP one from Play Asia, my mistake. You should definitely get it on Ebay first then.
lilcases
Finally played it today, the game graphics are cool, the sprites look okay though.
aerozero
Playing Riviera from the ISO is a lot better then playing it from the UMD, no load delays at all so far.
blues
Guess I'll pick it up tomorrow. Looks like everyone here has that "oh, it came out?" vibe from the game. Hmm time to balance out my expenses.
jcdietz03
QUOTE(aerozero @ Jul 15 2007, 04:42 AM) *

Playing Riviera from the ISO is a lot better then playing it from the UMD, no load delays at all so far.

What is an ISO? How do I get one and play it on my PSP?
Leyviur
You need a hacked PSP.
VGK
QUOTE(aerozero @ Jul 15 2007, 04:42 AM) *

It doesn't have the awful umd loading noise every second does it?

I own the game but i'm conseriding playing the rip for that reason alone.
aerozero
It doesn't, everything loads from the Memory stick. I have the game as well, but I couldn't take the load delays and my UMD drive going off every time, plus my PSP kept running out of power. :\
zesler
QUOTE(aerozero @ Jul 15 2007, 07:08 PM) *

It doesn't, everything loads from the Memory stick. I have the game as well, but I couldn't take the load delays and my UMD drive going off every time, plus my PSP kept running out of power. :\

Well running it off flash is faster because theres no moving parts ....

Off topic
Anyway it seems the PSP is still weaker than my old 3-4 year pda. 333MHz CPU frequency Mine 624MHZ. It would be funny if I could somewhat run it on the pda but it probably will not happen thought.
VGK
Man, I'm running the rip, and it's so much faster. I didn't mind the lag per se, but there were many voice glitches that were pretty bad and really got on my nerves that aren't present anymore. So yay.

Sorry offical UMD, but i'm sticking with this.

EDIT: is there any reason why the voice collection fails to display what the character's saying now?

There isn't even a NUMBER so I cannot even guage what clip i'm on or if i've even moved to a different clip.
aerozero
QUOTE(zesler @ Jul 15 2007, 07:13 PM) *

QUOTE(aerozero @ Jul 15 2007, 07:08 PM) *

Well running it off flash is faster because theres no moving parts ....

Off topic
Anyway it seems the PSP is still weaker than my old 3-4 year pda. 333MHz CPU frequency Mine 624MHZ. It would be funny if I could somewhat run it on the pda but it probably will not happen thought.

I think my PSP would brick if I ran it off of flash...
Leyviur
QUOTE(VGK @ Jul 16 2007, 03:54 AM) *

EDIT: is there any reason why the voice collection fails to display what the character's saying now?

There isn't even a NUMBER so I cannot even guage what clip i'm on or if i've even moved to a different clip.

It's because it gives you a randomized line from the character each time you press circle, since every line is now voice acted.
VGK
QUOTE(Leyviur @ Jul 16 2007, 11:03 AM) *

QUOTE(VGK @ Jul 16 2007, 03:54 AM) *

It's because it gives you a randomized line from the character each time you press circle, since every line is now voice acted.

Ehhh.....personally, i think that's a stupid redecision. To each his own, I guess.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.