Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Favorite Boss?
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Riviera
Dr Strum
What is your favorite Riviera boss and why?

Mine would have to be the Lindwurm. He's so cool looking, and he's the first boss you fight where you have all your party members to choose from.
Anubimon
I enjoyed the fight against the Archangel, personally. She seemed a lot harder compared to the others you had fought up that point.
Dr Strum
How are people finding the Archangel hard?
Did everyone miss Iria's Bow or neglect to train Lina?
Raijinili
I think Black Scythe also works against Archangel.
Dr Strum
Serene's Bat attack supposedly does too.
Liger
Lindwurm~ He's just so awesome looking XD
Rhiannon
Mine was probably the Lindwurm. Not only is he cool looking, but it was the battle where I learned how powerful Cierra is.
fensti
Malice. I dunno why really. SHe is cool, and a little screwed in the head. Kinda reminds me of Magnius from ToS.
Dr Strum
I asked for a reason as well Fensti.
Ryu_Dragon_King
QUOTE (Dr Sturm @ Jan 30 2006, 04:00 AM)

I didn't do either of them. >__< But I like Archangel because she's kinds cute.
chilly
umm I guess Hector cause he changes eis element a lot.
Feral Phoenix
I like beating up Hector because:

1. I hate Hector and like beating him up

2. The battle has my fave BGM in the game

3. And he changes color!! XD XD XD It totally keeps you from taking the fight seriously, especially when you want to hit him with a certain OverSkill and you're sitting there, poking the GBA screen going "hey... hey Hector... TURN GREEN HECTOR, TURN GREEN!!!"

(except that he doesn't turn green. *sad*)
Medical Meccanica
user posted imagebut of course Hector turns green! It's part of the secret MalicexSerene ending.
Hector would be one of my faves if I didn't have so much trouble beating him... but I voted Seth-Rah because he/she/it is cool looking and Seth's eMo wRiTiNg was annoying. and it changes colors, too. :3
I'd say my second favorite would be Aghart. His animations are kinda random, he looks like one of those superheros who can stretch to fight crime when he attacks and such. Or maybe it's just me.
*goes to download Paint Shop Pro to make animated rainbow Hector*
Tonfa
Ledah. "Crimson Courreges" is the most stylish VA in the game. >_> Pity the fight itself was fairly pathetic, but so were most/all bosses that weren't Blue Fool or Red Sage.
Irysa
Malice. It was fun beating her to a pulp after what she did to Ledah. Go for climax if you use Lorelei. >=]
Zeta
Blue Fool. I find him to be the most challenging.
Enzd
I voted Hector. Mainly because not only did he have cool battle music, but he was also the hardest boss I fought in the game. Seriously, I spent 30 minutes on him @_@

[opinion]By the way, Hades is dumb. He has the worst music ever![/opinion]
Sajo
I voted Seth-Ra.. just because it was the end boss.. and I love kicking the crap out of end bosses. It was easy too, with the fanelia beam.
blues
can't vote yet, its either between ledah or malice.
ChefMKT
Ledah =D Cause mostly that it was definitely gonna happen during the course of the game. Shame it's a 3v1 though.
Feral Phoenix
Seth-Rah is an it. Seth is a "she" (a cute she), but Seth-Rah is an it.

And it only turns two colors... ;_; not as fun as Hector!!

Besides... I usually use Longinus or Fanelia on Hector, so it's SUPER easy to beat him. (I am such a cheater... XD)
Shadow
Ledah is now my fav character of all the games, so I've voted for him.
It would be great if you have to face him with Ein only, cause' they are old friends, don't you think?
The Accursed
All of the Accursed are my typical favs,but the Archangel was probably the coolest
Megaolix
I voted Hector. My favorite BGM being played here made the fight really good.
The Accursed
I agree,Hector had the best or at least next best boss music in the game
Swifty-chan
It's like... a month since this topic is created, and I still dunno who to vote for. This stinks.

Hmmm...
Dark Tempest
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ Jan 30 2006, 12:00 PM) *

Well, Lina and her mastery of the Iria's Bow doesn't totally eliminate one problem for me: Ein's weakness to elemental attacks (since it is compulsory for Ein to participate in battle). And the Archangel's Angelic Thunder is a nightmare for me if it KO's Ein in its wake.

= = = = =

My favorite Boss? I go for the Red Sage, and how she delivers her Max attack: the Nightmare Waltz. Probably the best visual effects for this attack, and the same goes for the Blue Fool's Max attack. (Watch out, Lina!)
Seth-Rah
I voted for Ledah, but in terms of challenge it was definitely the Blue Fool / Red Sage. They are just unbelievably difficult. (S Ranking them is even HARDER.)

Seth-Rah (despite my love of its design and the whole forbidden thing/magi fused deal) was disappointingly easy once you realized that Cierra is pretty much the most useful magic-user ever. I took Seth-Rah down without it changing more than once. Once it was blue I just destroyed the thing with Calamity Flares and at least one Mimic Ray. (Ragnarok does a lot of damage to Cierra, hence one Mimic Ray to heal her for another Calamity Flare which can easily finish the boss off for an S Rank. :D;;; I played the ending a lot.)
Enzd
QUOTE(Dark Tempest @ Feb 6 2009, 06:52 AM) *
Well, Lina and her mastery of the Iria's Bow doesn't totally eliminate one problem for me: Ein's weakness to elemental attacks (since it is compulsory for Ein to participate in battle). And the Archangel's Angelic Thunder is a nightmare for me if it KO's Ein in its wake.

So keep Ein in the back and don't let the Archangel use Angelic Thunder. Problem solved.
Xephyr
Ooh, a hard one...

Aghart was intimidating
Isher was cool
Lindwurm was cooler
Archangel was sexy
Death was odd, and frankly a waste
Ledah was epic
Malice was also epic (And sexy) (I demand MalicexFiaxArchangel bath scene NOW)
Zombie Dragon was cool
Hades was better
Sage was sagey
Fool was win
Hector was ok, but why a "Tentacle Rod"? (I SENSE BAD HENTAI)
Seth-Rah was cool, and unexpected on the first playthrough. Plus, nice use of Longinus.

Hard to pick for me...

Dark Tempest
QUOTE(Enzd @ Mar 5 2009, 12:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Dark Tempest @ Feb 6 2009, 06:52 AM) *

So keep Ein in the back and don't let the Archangel use Angelic Thunder. Problem solved.

Angelic Thunder hits all targets, so it doesn't matter where I put Ein. As for preventing her from using Angelic Thunder, I'd take that as a suggestion to use the Longinus on her. One-turn KO.

Oh, and Death's not playing fair at the start; he's got two Elementals along with him... He deserves to be called a 'cheater' by Fool and Sage!
Enzd
QUOTE(Dark Tempest @ Mar 23 2009, 04:31 AM) *
Angelic Thunder hits all targets, so it doesn't matter where I put Ein.

...you know, the Archangel has other damaging attacks besides Angelic Thunder. One of which is Lightning Magic that hits front row characters.

As for preventing her from using Angelic Thunder, I'd take that as a suggestion to use the Longinus on her.

No, that's stupid.
ChefMKT
QUOTE(Dark Tempest @ Mar 23 2009, 10:01 PM) *

Oh, and Death's not playing fair at the start; he's got two Elementals along with him... He deserves to be called a 'cheater' by Fool and Sage!

Hardly. The elementals give you meter, and easily puts Death at Max once removing them which is advantageous if you have Ein and Serene in the front row.
PlanarStar
I'm an Isher fan. He's cool looking, and overskill is also visually appealing. It's also a pretty dramatic fight. His guarding gets annoying though.
The Angel of Ruin
Malice. I just think she's awesome. Nowhere near as awesome as Ledah, but then again, I truly hate having to fight against Ledah so I refuse to acknowledge the battle against him.
grimangel
QUOTE(PlanarStar @ Jun 11 2009, 12:20 AM) *

I'm an Isher fan. He's cool looking, and overskill is also visually appealing. It's also a pretty dramatic fight. His guarding gets annoying though.

i also think hes the coolest looking one and his attack is awsome
Durango
Death. Main reason for this is my obvious Castlevania bias.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.