Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emilia (SPOILERS)
Lacrima Castle > Sting Games > Yggdra Union
Feral Phoenix
There seems to be some indecision as to whether Emilia has dragon blood or not since she's only Gulcasa's half-sister, so I thought I'd poll the masses to gather other people's opinion.

My own first instinct would be to say that yes, she does, considering her strength for her age (ten? eleven?) and the fact that she shares the same dragonish physical characteristics as Gulcasa (red hair, gold eyes, pointy teeth etc.), but then again, we don't know their backstory, so we don't know if the parent the two of them shared is actually the one who belonged to Brongaa's bloodline. (Gee, Sting, it would be really nice if you gave us something more to go on, huh? >_> *LIKETHEDRAMACDTHEJAPANESEFANSHAVEBEENDEMANDING* *cough* *significant stare*)

I still get the feeling that she does, though. Although that's just me.

So what do you all think?
Dr Strum
The Japanese haven't been demanding a Drama CD.

Emilia is not necessarily a child.

No one cares if Emilia has dragon blood.
WhiteKnight
It's very likely that she does, given her strangth, not just her features. Little girls only sting you when they pinch. How is one going to carry such a hugeass spiky club?

THe answer:THE BLOOD OF AN ACIENT MYTHICAL BEAST, ESPECIALLY ONE THAT NEARLY DESTROYED THE WORLD!
Yuka
I don't think Emilia has dragon blood, although the fact that she might because she can hold the giant bigass spiky clubs of doom did make me second-guess it for a moment. If Emilia has dragon blood and whatnot, what stopped Brongaa from indwelling both Gulcasa and Emilia and just having them both like obliterate the Royal Liberation Army from multiple fronts at the same time?
Suzu Fujibayashi
I think Emilia doesn't have enough dragon blood. If she is Gulcasa's half sister, she might be only a fourth of dragon blood. Purely guessing mind you.

I'd have to say she does, just because come on. She's wielding a big painful club you know? A normal little girl of her size just... No...
Dr Strum
If she is Gulcasa's half sister, she might be only a fourth of dragon blood. Purely guessing mind you.
You guys make very disgusting implications in your inferences.
FlameSpark
QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ May 14 2007, 06:37 PM) *
So what do you all think?

True. It's a possibility...

If it wasn't for the Face Collection in the Extras section, I'd say she's Gulcasa's sister (same parents) but Sting had to throw in the "Gulcasa's half-sister" part in her description...

Or maybe they made Emilia a half-sister just so she wouldn't be able use Genocide to PWN us to oblivion...then again, Gravity Chaos is pretty nasty too.
WhiteKnight

How so?

True. It's a possibility...

If it wasn't for the Face Collection in the Extras section, I'd say she's Gulcasa's sister (same parents) but Sting had to throw in the "Gulcasa's half-sister" part in her description...

Or maybe they made Emilia a half-sister just so she wouldn't be able use Genocide to PWN us to oblivion...then again, Gravity Chaos is pretty nasty too.

Sounds pretty damn smart. I'd hate gettng Genocided in BF 16:It would make the next part nearly facking impossible.
Suzu Fujibayashi
QUOTE(Dr Sturm @ May 14 2007, 02:59 PM) *

If she is Gulcasa's half sister, she might be only a fourth of dragon blood. Purely guessing mind you.

You never seem to offer up any evidence of your own to disprove our own. Unless bad mouthing us is evidence.

Give us concrete reasoning that Emilia can't have any dragon blood in her. I'd have to say she does, I'd have to think it'd be a requirement to be royalty in Bronquia if they're so dragon-obsessed. Sorta.
Dr Strum
... Did you even read what I said? Where did I claim she doesn't have dragon blood?
Suzu Fujibayashi
All you said was:
"No one cares if Emilia has dragon blood."
And saying no one said she's a child.

You didn't say anything about her not having any, rather you imply no one cares.
Dr Strum
Yet you demand I present proof that she is not of dragon blood, quoting a post about how fucked up your assumptions are.

You saying she's about a quarter dragon is wrong because she would have to be the product of years of incest, followed by a single generation of outside breeding. Meaning Gulcasa is made of pure sibling fucking.

I'd have to think it'd be a requirement to be royalty in Bronquia if they're so dragon-obsessed.
Yeah, I mean, it's not like Gulcasa took the country through a coup d'etat... Oh wait...
Rhiannon
You shouldn't have said THAT. Nobody cares about THAT. Especially when we're talking about royalty.

Why are you guys curious about this, anyway? Whatever the answer to the question is, it doesn't affect the story.
Feral Phoenix
Settle down, Sturm; ad hominem is bad form.

Suzu, while yes, most royal families are notoriously inbred, that doesn't have to be the case here. If Emilia also has dragon blood, but is still too young to harness her full powers or something, it's probable that the parent she and Gulcasa shared was the one who comes from Brongaa's line.

Rhia, I'm polling the people because Emilia's heritage is a loose thread, Sting loves to present us with those, and we'll get no other answer to the question unless we pick at it. Besides, discussions are fun as long as they don't turn into bashfests. *significant look at arguers*

Okay, taking a plunge into the theoretical here:

IF the old Imperial line/Brongaa's human descendants (if it's not true that they were the original Imperial family) are not your average European-esque nobility that always marries within the bounds of people "socially appropriate" and usually in some degree related, that assumes that the bloodline is carried on through marriages to ordinary humans. This doesn't, however, mean that the original draconic blood "thins"; it's more probable if this is the case that dragon characteristics, including compatibility with Brongaa's soul as a receptacle, are dominant inherited traits.

IF this is so, and IF appearance is one of those markers, then the parent Gulcasa and Emilia share is definitely the one with dragon blood.

BUT that's a lot of "if"s, so I could just be rambling/reading into things too much.

(I still vote we stake out Sting HQ and make them tell us everything.)
Dr Strum
It's not.
Leyviur
QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ May 15 2007, 12:20 PM) *

Settle down, Sturm; ad hominem is bad form.

Quit telling mods and admins what to do.

QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ May 15 2007, 12:20 PM) *
it's more probable if this is the case that dragon characteristics, including compatibility with Brongaa's soul as a receptacle, are dominant inherited traits.

Just because a trait is dominant doesn't mean it's 100% inheritable. In fact, if we want to get into genetics, if dragon's blood characterestics were genetically inherited as dominant genes, it would've faded from the bloodline long before Gulcasa was born.
Yuka
QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ May 15 2007, 08:20 AM) *

Suzu, while yes, most royal families are notoriously inbred, that doesn't have to be the case here. If Emilia also has dragon blood, but is still too young to harness her full powers or something, it's probable that the parent she and Gulcasa shared was the one who comes from Brongaa's line.

You completely skipped over the fact that Gulcasa's heritage is not considered a royal family bloodline. Sure, he's got dragon blood. Does that make him royalty? No! Especially since he took Bronquia through a coup d'etat, like Sturm already pointed out. For all we know Gulcasa could have been a mere peasant in Bronquia who saw the oppurtunity (most likely through Nessiah's planning) to take over the country. How he got the support from all of the knights and whatnot is beyond me, however.
Suzu Fujibayashi
Well judging from the people's reactions in Flarewerk when the Royal Army invades... Gulcasa must be a very charisamic leader. Otherwise why do they all not be going: "YAY! SAVE US! |D"

Which could mean the previous ruler was a horrible, horrible person. Or Gulcasa is just a very good speaker. *Shrug*
WhiteKnight
Or Gulcasa is just a very good speaker.

you mean like *le gasp!* one Adolf Hitler, who actually had a much softer voice than was normally portrayed in his speeches?
Wait a sec....

Hitler ordered genocide on Jews...
Gulcasa's skill is Genocide.....
Coincidence? most likely.
Dr Strum
Well judging from the people's reactions in Flarewerk when the Royal Army invades... Gulcasa must be a very charisamic leader. Otherwise why do they all not be going: "YAY! SAVE US! |D"
It's essentially the same story when Bronquia invades Paltina, even though, according to Feral's unfounded perspective, Kind Ordeene was very rude.

It doesn't matter whether the ruler was good or not, as long as they weren't overly oppressive, people will still beg for someone to save them, who better than an authoritative figure? The one who commands the armies?
FlameSpark
Still, I'd love to know the reason why Gulcasa invaded Paltina to begin with...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

We could go ask Nessiah for answers, but then again, we can't blame him for everything that happens, can we?
Dr Strum
To help fuel his world. Duh.
Megafreak
It's only Nessiah's planning that could get Gulcasa so far.
And this topic is therefore pointless, since nobody really cares if Emilia has dragon blood or not.
She's a game character. Live with it.
Megaolix
QUOTE(FlameSpark @ May 15 2007, 05:57 PM) *

Still, I'd love to know the reason why Gulcasa invaded Paltina to begin with...

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

We could go ask Nessiah for answers, but then again, we can't blame him for everything that happens, can we?

Didn't he already said it was for powering up the Holy Sword that he created many wars? He didn't care about who was fighting against who, as long as someone who could wield the Gran Centurio was in that war.

As for the topic.. Well, there's no real proof for either side... But I doubt she has dragon blood...
Raijinili
This is stupid. Gulcasa OBVIOUSLY injected himself with Dragon's Blood using a syringe from the future (the FAR future, where syringes can pierce dragon skin).

QUOTE(WhiteKnight @ May 15 2007, 05:38 PM) *

Or Gulcasa is just a very good speaker.

you mean like *le gasp!* one Adolf Hitler, who actually had a much softer voice than was normally portrayed in his speeches?
Wait a sec....

Hitler ordered genocide on Jews...
Gulcasa's skill is Genocide.....
Coincidence? most likely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

Speaking of which: http://xkcd.com/c261.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.