Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: File hosting?
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Computeralogical Stuff
Feral Phoenix
Everyone always tells me DeviantArt is the best, but I need some other option 'cuz DevArt doesn't take hotmail email accounts. PB only hosts images, site domains cost money, and I. don't. know. anymore.

Baaaaaaaaaasically, I need some place that can host zips or rars so that I can finally, finally, finally get those comics and brushes to a place where people can download them--since we have no clue when Sturm will decide to run further updates.

Anyone have any recommendations?
Rhiannon
Why not just get a second email account to use for DeviantArt?
Yuka
*cough*gmail*cough*
Rhiannon
I don't think gmail counts. After all, you have to be invited (let's ignore the fact that I have like 200 invites right now). But there are a ton of different places to get free email accounts besides Hotmail and Gmail.
Dr Strum
Odd that DeviantArt doesn't take Hotmail, since the type of the people to use Hotmail are the same type of people to use DeviantArt.

Anyways. You do not need Hotmail, there are many, many alternatives, many better, out there for mail like gmail, yahoo, mail, etc. Following that, a quick Google search reveals several oft-used file uploading sites, sendfile, putfile, rapidshare, megaupload, etc. You could also make quick freewebs accounts, geocities, lycos, etc. Get off your damn lazy ass for once; most of these options have been around a long time, and all of them are easy to find.
Feral Phoenix
@Rhia: I already have two email accounts and don't think I can keep up a third.

@Sauce: See Rhia.

@Sturm: I shall check those out. Also, my ass is no lazier than your ass, dear. DevArt just feels that it's too easy to make more than one account with hotmail... or something. Since it's free. *shrug*
Dr Strum
Also, my ass is no lazier than your ass, dear.
Yours is far lazier.

I already have two email accounts and don't think I can keep up a third.
Who the hell says you have to keep using it after you get the extra Deviant Art account?
Yuka
QUOTE(Feral Phoenix @ May 10 2007, 10:23 AM) *

Also, my ass is no lazier than your ass, dear.

I'm pretty sure Sturm has SOME source of income to maintain LCN with, so I'm almost certain that puts him at a less-lazier level than you.

Also, out of curiousity, what connection to Sturm do you have that enables you to refer to him as 'dear'?
Dr Strum
Also, out of curiousity, what connection to Sturm do you have that enables you to refer to him as 'dear'?
It's minimizing.
Marionette
Gmail for the win. Everything else is for the lose.
P.P.A.
^Agreed. I can invite you if you want, Feral.

Also, FileFront is win.
blues
QUOTE(P.P.A. @ Jun 17 2007, 08:52 AM) *

Also, FileFront is win.

megaupload > rapidshare > filefront
Yuka
QUOTE(blues 3 @ Jun 22 2007, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(P.P.A. @ Jun 17 2007, 08:52 AM) *

Also, FileFront is win.

Especially when Filefront is for game-related files (i.e. patches, games, private servers, trailers), of which fanart doesn't fall into it.
Irysa
Filefront has decent streams that don't have completely shitty quality mind.
P.P.A.
QUOTE(blues 3 @ Jun 22 2007, 05:20 PM) *

Megaupload is made of AIDS and fail.
Takeru-kun
Yes, let's upload 125 kb pictures to FileFront so we can wait in line for 25 minutes to get them. Great plan.

http://www.easy-share.com
http://www.turboupload.com
http://www.yousendit.com
Irysa
I wasn't talking about pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.