Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Super Robot Wars
Lacrima Castle > Technology and Entertainment > Other Games
WhiteKnight
So, has anyone heard or played one of thses? I don't know much of the earlier ones, as I've only played the O(riginal) G(eneration) series, but I do know it's a bunch of SRPGs involving robots. Gunbuster, Ideon, Gundam, GaoGaiGar, you name it, everyone but OG's got it. Poor OG just has most of the Banpresto Originals.
Ryu2
I played SRW 1 and SRW 2. The areogator one is SRW 1 and the 2 is the one with the Inspectors?
WhiteKnight
you mean OG 1 and OG2? Yeah, you're pretty close. The main focus of OG 2, though ,was the Einsts. Still the inspectors were a bit annoying.*COUGHTHEMISSIONWITHRATSELINTHEHUCKY3TANDAGUIJACOUGH*

But SRW 1 was and old GB game......I think.....*needs to check that site again*
Ryu2
It seemed to me the focus on OG2 was divided between the Einsts, Inspectors, and the Shadow Mirrors depending on which path you chose.
WhiteKnight
You mean that choice between going to Riksent, killing Randgriths and waiting for the Fairlions and that other place with all the SM gespies, then Wodan comes in(after that one is when you get the Dragon-Tiger and Tiger-Dragon supers, right?)?

Ryu2
I dont remember @__@............In fact I havent finished the game yet. (Im at the part where I attack the teleportation device thing....err whatever in White Star.
WhiteKnight
that would be.......missions 38-41?

I've got some good strats for those I devised myself.

Be WARNED!

Bring Armor Breakers and Leona for mission 41. You'll see why. and DON'T use it on the Einst Regissuer. Or the Lickheit for that matter.
sinxzero
Finished that game already. Still I wished Sanger still had the Type-O in OG 2.
On the sidenote always bring the cybuster for mob purposes.

hot blood + strike + cyflash = pwnage on mobs. Not good against boss though. BTW who uses
Leyviur
I played @2, @3, J, W, OG1 & 2, and plan to pick up OG PS2 when it comes out.
WhiteKnight
QUOTE(sinxzero @ Apr 11 2007, 05:31 AM) *

hot blood + strike + cyflash = pwnage on mobs. Not good against boss though. BTW who uses

who DOESN'T wish he had the Type-O instead of that useless Type-3? I found it more useless than the Type-2 Grungusts' Full Upgrade Bonus.

Giant Sushi knife FTW!
Yuka
What is this Super Robot Wars you speak of? I'm intrigued o_o
WhiteKnight
1.Aright....It's an SRPG, involving Mechs as your units(which have 4 stats: HP,EN,Mobility, and Armor), Pilots who are needed to deploy the mechs(whom have six stats[melee, range, accuracy, defense, evade, and manueverability] and six spirit commands).

2.Each mech has several different weapons, for example, a Gespenst mk II M(mass produced version-you get about 3 of these) has it's attack called Attack(Ram them with a shoulder....), and a punching move called Jet Magnum. You can also equip stuff to some robots. Gespy 2 M's usually come with Split Missles, MegaBeam Rifles, and the two wepons it comes with.

3.Some weapons have Will requirements, meaning that your Will(it goes up when you hit and kill enemies, starts at 100, tops out at 150, and bottoms at 50) stat has to be equal to or higher than the requirement. A good example is Jet Magun: 105 will is needed to use it. That's no problem for Kai, the first person you see in a Gespy 2 M.

more to come....
sinxzero
QUOTE(WhiteKnight @ Apr 11 2007, 03:27 PM) *

QUOTE(sinxzero @ Apr 11 2007, 05:31 AM) *

who DOESN'T wish he had the Type-O instead of that useless Type-3? I found it more useless than the Type-2 Grungusts' Full Upgrade Bonus.

Giant Sushi knife FTW!

No one. The type-O is like a frickin indestructible brick wall with a giant sushi knife.

I always wondered what happened to the type-O after OG 1.

And another question. What is the highest number of HTB's have you used in one turn?
WhiteKnight
Using Zeal and Enable........about 7.
Thank goodness Aya is an SP pool with Renew and Ibis makes a goiod Repairperson.
sinxzero
My repairperson are the 2 fairlions. What I really liked is my rai has a higher SP pool than ryusei.
WhiteKnight
Wow....Still, RHB DOES get past Reu's warp field, but you MUST bring Latooni for Enable, if nothing else.
sinxzero
Meh lat needs the 80% SP consumption to be fully effective. 70 SP for one enable is really hard on her even with her SP pool. Alfimi = 3 enable :)

Ohh and which path is better?

Earth or moon cradle path?
WhiteKnight
Earth Cradle, for the sheerhtoblooded, multipe-story-arc-ending ACTION.And Sanger sayng he is the sword of Sophia. I neer played the Moon Cradle Route.
sinxzero
Same here. Still I wished I could fight Agilla and the Mass produced trudgelemirs. Still had many SP left.
Greifer
WHY haven't I found this thread until just now?

Anyway, I've played @2, A, OG1, OG2, and W. Ordered MX, J, D, OGPS2, and @3.

Grungust type-3 fails at being a super robot. Weiss Ritter is awesomeWIN.

I wish W had better attacks for Volton though.
WhiteKnight
Listen up mechfans/japanophiles, another remake of an SRW is in this works. This time, its... Advance? For the PSP? Well, at least So Close, Yet So Far's vocal version is kickass.

Also, there's the matter of Endless Frontier: Super Robot Wars OG Saga. It appears to be some kind of beat-em-up with characters derived from characters of Compact 2 and Advance, as well as characters from Namco x Capcom.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N3LbfzRcZQ&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwvYBBL7DJs&feature=related

Last, but not least, there's SRW Z. Little is known about it, but there are rumors it'll be the next one with a series. That makes 4 actual timelines. I smell another altered SRX, as well as Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann in a later entry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eONNcqhwHpA&feature=related
AzureDemon
@3 was my favorite SRW of all times.

It had ALL the robots I ever loved (Eva +gunbuster + GaoGaigar = win)

I currently ordered SRWZ...I can't wait to play it!
Shadow
I was addicted to OG1 until the last levels.
An enemy with ????? HP and life regeneration isn't actually funny.
AzureDemon
Just my luck...my ps2 decided to sotp working today T_T
Crimson Courege
I've always wanted to play SRW AP and MX but im stuck with OG1 and 2, I dont get the big deal behind Ryusei, Kyosuke's way cooler
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.