Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does your username come from?
Lacrima Castle > Other Stuff > Miscellaneous
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Rhiannon
Rhiannon is from Welsh mythology. I thought it sounded nice, so I used it.
Dr Strum
When I first went onto the intarweb and made a user name, it was "Sturm" after the Advance Wars character. Eventually, I started using "Dark Sturm", but one place I went to said that was too long so I shortened it to "Drk Sturm" but some people missed my intentions and began calling me "Dr K". So I took out the 'k' and went with "Dr Sturm."
Leyviur
I messed with my last name and came up with this.
chrishawke
chrishawke is the first half of my name plus the character "Hawke" off from Advance Wars 2.
fensti
fensti is a nickname from school, a shortened form of my last name.
Swifty-chan
Swifty is actually shortened version of my pseudonym ('Shayla Swiftfire'). The whole Swiftfire thingy is actually from my brother's incomplete novel.

... I don't have to explain '-chan', do I?
Elnendil
Very long story. Sit down little boys and girls and let us begin the tale.

A long time ago, I was playing a game called Graal Online, on the only Gold Server at that time. I joined a RPing guild, but they wanted me to change my name from Ness_Master, a name I was using alot at the time, to something more...RPish. Ness_Master didnt cut it! So I thought, and I came up with Arbanonus Overhill, but later on I changed it to what it's today known as Abaronus Overhill. Abaronus has no meaning, and Overhill is the opposite of Underhill, a name Frodo used in The Lord of the Rings, and what Bilbo used too in The Hobbit. I was into that stuff at the time.

A while later, I played a game called Phantasy Star Online. Abaronus was already a character on there, and I was wanting a new character name, just in case something happened. This is when I came up with Elnendil Taramon, a elvish name, meaning "Star-Water-Devotion High-Hill". Well, probably not completely the right definition, but I made it myself using rough Elvish I found (Which denies that I thought of just putting a damn n in Elendil, though when I found out about Elendil, since I'm a pretty fast reader, I kinda freaked.). I used it for a while, but I gave him a storyline, a look, an attitude. He's the main character of a story i've been writing, Alblabe.

Anyways, that's it, now go and eat dinner.
Raijinili
I don't know.

Wait, no, I already explained this name in my name's intro.
Chardes
Messed up the word "Crashed." And somehow, it just sounds like Charade. TT____TT
Swifty-chan
Lol, I always thought Sturm's name is from the Dragon Lance book series ^^'

And no wonder Elnendil's name sounds so... elvish.
Swiyth
i sort of knew Elnendil was an elf name...

well, my name was made up. along with Ragorne. i was called Raggie at the time by people i knew :\

then Swiyth, Ilurayne, Aremes and a whole bunch of names i forgot.
whoyodaddy
well,it was my catch phrase in most online games i play, and it slowly turned into my gamer tag then my forum name
Swiyth
ooh.....creepy.

i mean, imagine a convo.

dood: hey, whoyodaddy!
whoyodaddy: what the fu-?
dood: whoyodaddy!!
whoyodaddy: what you say, dood?!!
dood: whoyodaddy..?
whoyodaddy: AAAAAAAAAAAARN!!!!
*whoyodaddy stabs dood*
Liger
Liger=Big Lion/Tiger thingy. They're cute. Really, it used to be SilverLiger, but I'm lazy and if I can get away with writing something shorter, then I do XD

Originally SilverLiger was a favorite color + a favorite animal (Yes ligers are real dammitz)
Dr Strum
A liger is a cat that has a lion for a father and a tiger for a mother.
A Tigon is the opposite (female lion x male tiger)
Ryu_Dragon_King
Ryu's ma name. ^___^
Feral Phoenix
Feral Phoenix is my penname on FF.Net. It used to be Feral Claw, but when I had to recreate my account from scratch (LONG story; let's just say the admins accidentally deleted it) I changed "Claw" to "Phoenix" since I wasn't allowed to use my old penname again.
MoloMowChow
And people STILL don't know what my name means...

My sister's username means nothing though, it was just my name having all the o's replaced with e's, which came out to be bad username compared to mines, but it's the only way to tell each other apart anyways -_-

will YOU find out what my name means?
Rhiannon
...You're supposed to TELL us where your username comes from, not make us guess about it.

Also...

My sister's username means nothing though, it was just my name having all the o's replaced with e's, which came out to be bad username compared to mines, but it's the only way to tell each other apart anyways -_-

It is not "mines", it's "mine".
Raijinili
No no, he's comparing un nom to explosions.
Rhiannon
...What?
Feral Phoenix
QUOTE (Raijinili @ Feb 4 2006, 02:35 AM)

o.o;;

Say what now?
Swiyth
QUOTE (Feral Phoenix @ Feb 4 2006, 05:40 PM)
QUOTE (Raijinili @ Feb 4 2006, 02:35 AM)

o.o;;

Say what now?

i'll double that.

whattawhat?
Swifty-chan
QUOTE (MoloMowChow @ Feb 4 2006, 09:47 AM)
And people STILL don't know what my name means...

will YOU find out what my name means?

I remember the time when you joined LCN and said hello. When I saw your username, a cow popped into my mind. I have no idea why. ^^'
Marionette
Marionette is the name of my archer in Disgaea and Makai Kingdom. She's silver haired and I thought she was the archer who takes care of the shop in Disgaea. She's really cute and clumsy.
Deadelus
Mines a Yugioh card......

Levia Dragon Deadelus

and

Dragon Ocean lord - Neo Deadelus
Dr Strum
I thought it was from Golden Sun.
Regardless, you should look up the Greek Daedalus.
Raijinili
It's "Daedalus". Or "Daidaros".
Deadelus
Im guessing, the first one...
Dr Strum
QUOTE (Wikipedia)

In Greek mythology, Daedalus (Latin, also Hellenized Latin Daedalos, Greek Daidalos and Etruscan Taitle)
Raijinili
No, it's both Daedalus and Daidalos. Depending on the romanization.

Yeah, I kept thinking of "daidarosu" that was the Japanese.
Deadelus
I think it's some type of water god....

But thats the japanese version of the card...
Dr Strum
The Romanization of Daedalus is unimportant in this aspect.
Raijinili
Um, Daedalus was a man.

A very smart man, but still a man.

As for why, I suggest you read this topic:
http://www.cogonline.net/showthread.php?p=...dalus#post68110

I somehow convinced them that it was named after a crater on the far side of the moon. Which was completely made up. By me.

They probably still think that.

REALLY ironic, because the guy who asked it was dripping sarcasm because he was really annoyed by me.
Dr Strum
What in the hell are you talking about?
fensti
Oh. Guess I was wrong.

I can't believe it comes off a Yu-Gi-Oh Card though... they'll put anything on those now. :p
Deadelus
Now that you mention it, I remember playing a game called "Deus-EX"
and there was this program called "Deadelus"....
Irysa
I really just redid Ledah's Overdrive on mine. Eh heh.
Feral Phoenix
Hehe~ we have so many Ledah fangirls and fanboys on this forum. ^_^;;
Irysa
Thats because Ledah rawks. x3
Nanashi
Ledah is also teh sexy beast... Anyway... mine is the Japanese word for "Nameless" (lit. anonymous)
Medical Meccanica
In a nutshell, Medical Meccanica/Mechanica is the evil organization in FLCL that tried to take over the world by ironing it.
Swifty-chan
FLCL is one craaaazy anime! ><'
Swiyth
wha?

well, is Swifty a GUY'S name or a GIRL'S name?

it was used by your brother before you adopted it, no?
Enzd
My name is magical. It comes from the land of crap ;-;

And laziness.
Swiyth
sounds like a typo for End.
Enzd
It isn't. The Z is intentional. I'm not one to make typis that obvious >_>

Seriously.

(The I was also intentional.)
Swiyth
miyba yoo shluod lrena ot rwiete prpelyr?
Leyviur
Maybe you should stop trying to be a smartass? All it does is make you look like a dumbass.
Shadow
Um... I can't remember the reason of my username...
Some clues?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.